part time jobs for education

Share your culture and ask questions about other cultures. The idea is to learn something interesting while practicing English. Topics from this forum will slowly be moved to more specific forums.

Moderator: Soon Mi

fatih

part time jobs for education

Post by fatih » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:58 pm

i m a pupil from turkey. normally in turkey students aren't forced for taking a part time job because
our parents give us money for our education and others.In brief in your countries you are took any money
by your parents for your education vice versa you must earn own money to pay your education bill tell me
smthg about it?

James Trotta
Site Admin

Re: part time jobs for education

Post by James Trotta » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:19 am

In Korea, getting a part time job in high school is pretty rare but not so unusual for university students. In America, it's common for both high school and university students to work part time. I think I worked more hours in high school than in university and I don't think that's unusual.

azure

Post by azure » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 am

Indonesia maybe has same custom with korea in part time jobs. There is'nt any necessity for high school student to do part time job unless there is another reason to do that such as the economic condition of the family. So it's based on your need.

Parkjunghyun

Post by Parkjunghyun » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am

Although it's not common for Korean high school students to work part time job, i used to work during my hight shool. I believe most of Korean high school students who work part time job are technial shoold students. I know from my experience that technial shoold students have a low income parent, so they are sometime forced to make money. It is so sad to see them since they don't have much choice but to work rather than study during hight shool.

jiyoung

Post by jiyoung » Tue May 11, 2010 8:03 am

azure wrote:Indonesia maybe has same custom with korea in part time jobs. There is'nt any necessity for high school student to do part time job unless there is another reason to do that such as the economic condition of the family. So it's based on your need.
Nice to meet you!
I am a student from Korea.

I think you better to say like this...
Indonesia may has a same custom with Korean custom of part time jobs. It's not necessary for high school students to do a part time job unless they have a special reason to do such as economic ploblem their family has. It depends on each student's need.

Take care~~~

azure

Post by azure » Thu May 13, 2010 5:28 pm

jiyoung wrote: I think you better to say like this...
Indonesia may has a same custom with Korean custom of part time jobs. It's not necessary for high school students to do a part time job unless they have a special reason to do such as economic ploblem their family has. It depends on each student's need.

Take care~~~
nice to meet you too jiyoung..
thank you for your correction...i really appreciate that :)

beanman2112

Post by beanman2112 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:57 am

you told that you are a commerce graduate , may that be b.com or b.b.m whatever it is , you are now working in retail banking . From your name it is clear that you are an indian . So then you can take any course relating to banking. Such certification courses are offered by ignou . You can study them in distance mode . So you need not lose your job and you can continue your diploma .

Rayssa

Post by Rayssa » Mon May 05, 2014 4:18 am

in my opinion when a student look for a job to pay his /her education school/university will raise on him sense of independence and responsibility that student should have to study hard and seriously so it worth it.
However when parent pay for school , most of student do not care if they failed because there will be always somone who pay for theme . :roll: