FAQ: How to study here

Share your culture and ask questions about other cultures. The idea is to learn something interesting while practicing English. Topics from this forum will slowly be moved to more specific forums.

Moderator: Soon Mi

James Trotta
Site Admin

FAQ: How to study here

Post by James Trotta » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Basically, you get model language from the classes on this site or from anywhere really and then you come here to try to use that language as you talk to everyone else.

So you might check out the classes on this site: http://www.eslgo.com/classes.html

After you look at the class, you would come to the forum and try to use some language from the class. Also, most classes have a message board thread for asking questions in case there's something you don't understand. If a class doesn't have a thread, it will as soon as I get around to making one. You can always reply here with a request if you have a class I need to make a thread for.

Let me give you an example. Let's say you visit this vocabulary class: http://www.eslgo.com/classes/sorting.html

One of the words from that class is 'daring'. You know this means 'bold and willing to take risks' so you go to the forums and you try to use the word 'dare' or 'daring' in a discussion. Or you go to the questions thread for the Harry Potter class: http://www.eslgo.com/conversation/viewt ... 25&t=14052 and ask a question.

madhugujarathi

Re: FAQ: How to study here

Post by madhugujarathi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:10 pm

helo. everyone
am a new learner!!
i dare to speak english
im not having enough word power
can u help me.

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:14 am

Hello and welcome! :)

maria

how to study here

Post by maria » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 pm

boxcar wrote:Hello and welcome! :)

Code: Select all

nice to meet you

Lavy Garcia

Post by Lavy Garcia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 am

This would be really nice experience to have for me and it will must increase my knowledge.
Get study from here is really nice and great experience to get in.

(106)Yeongseok Kim

Post by (106)Yeongseok Kim » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm a newbie here, nice to meet y'll

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:18 am

(106)Yeongseok Kim wrote:I'm a newbie here, nice to meet y'll
Hello, it is nice to meet you too. Maybe you could tell us a little about yourself and we can start a conversation?

Welcome. :)

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:13 am

I think we start in any conversation .

nuocng

Post by nuocng » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:58 am

Hello every body, i am new, i am Vietnamese, to study English long time ago, but really never understand grammer, so now i really happy when i looking for this page and see every body here! Nice too meet you! hope to more pratice with every body! Thanks!

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:15 am

nuocng wrote:Hello every body, i am new, i am Vietnamese, to study English long time ago, but really never understand grammer, so now i really happy when i looking for this page and see every body here! Nice too meet you! hope to more pratice with every body! Thanks!
Welcome. I hope you get your wish and lots of practice with us. Let me start you off with a few suggestions. Try to use this grammar I'm giving you now in your future posts here on eslgo.com

to study English long time ago -> I started studying English a long time ago

but really never understand grammer -> never understood grammar

so now i really happy when i looking for this page -> I am really happy that I found this page

and see every body here - > and saw everybody here

Nice too meet you! hope to more pratice with every body! -> (I) hope to practice more with everybody!

dinosaur

Post by dinosaur » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Professor everyone, how is everyone doing? My name is Wichai. I'm from Laos. Now I live in Sacramento California. I am married and have 2 wonderful children and 1 son is 21 years old and one daughter is turning to 14 soon. My English writing is not very good, especially my grammar. very time I e-mail my friends or writing notes for something, people hardly understand me.Today I am very happy and excited to find your site that I know would be able to lead me to the right direction of writing and reading in English. I strongly believe that you would be able to help me to improve my English. One issue that I'd like to share with you all that I have a short term memory, because everything I read or do I have trouble remembering it, and I tend to do thing very slowly. I hope you all have a good time and enjoy this English conversation class. Hope to talk you all soon.

chanluutu

Post by chanluutu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:25 am

Hi everyone,
I am new member here and I would like to learn more English. Please help me to improve my english.

Annie3003

Post by Annie3003 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are doing well. I'm a new comer here. Hope you can help me to improve my English and my writing. I was disappointed about my English and my writing and I decided to go on google looking for an online learning English, and I found this website. I will try to write as much as I can everyday no matters what the topics are.... I really really want to improve my writing in order have a better communication in English with both verbal and writing. Have a nice day to everyone!

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:12 am

Writing as much as you can is exactly the right attitude. The more we see written here, the more we can help you with the language. Welcome and keep that great attitude!
Annie3003 wrote:Hi everyone, hope you are doing well. I'm a new comer here. Hope you can help me to improve my English and my writing. I was disappointed about my English and my writing and I decided to go on google looking for an online learning English, and I found this website. I will try to write as much as I can everyday no matters what the topics are.... I really really want to improve my writing in order have a better communication in English with both verbal and writing. Have a nice day to everyone!

tamaramha

Post by tamaramha » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi, everybody!
I would like to ask, what is actual meaning of a sentence: You are surely Harry Porter.
This is not a question, I dont understand. Pls explain it to me. Thank you!