Let's Discuss Culture -- Jason M. Ham Introduction

Share your culture and ask questions about other cultures. The idea is to learn something interesting while practicing English. Topics from this forum will slowly be moved to more specific forums.

Moderator: Soon Mi

What is the best 2007 movie you have seen so far?

Transformers
32%
American Gangster
1%
Knocked Up
1%
Ocean's 13
3%
The Bourne Ultimatum
10%
16%
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
5%
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
8%
Spiderman 3
8%
other...
16%

Total votes: 155

helenkeis59

Re: Let's Discuss Culture -- Jason M. Ham Introduction (Updated)

Postby helenkeis59 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:46 am

I like to watch all kinds of good movie. I like mostly action ,comedy,etc. I thinking movie and for watching TV I learn most of my english.When I came to US don't know how to speak english.I hope I well learn for take this class. :oops: helen

Gina

Re: Let's Discuss Culture -- Jason M. Ham Introduction (Upda

Postby Gina » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello everyone!

Really, I like my culture. I am originally from Puerto Rico ( a little island in the Caribbean ). The weather is always hot, that's mean you should go to the beaches at anytime. The food is super delicious; the music is good. We are a mix of three different races: black, white and indian.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Postby James Trotta » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:38 pm

My friend's family cooked Puerto Rican food for me once and it was really good. Have you got an easy recipe you can recommend?
Gina wrote:Hello everyone!

Really, I like my culture. I am originally from Puerto Rico ( a little island in the Caribbean ). The weather is always hot, that's mean you should go to the beaches at anytime. The food is super delicious; the music is good. We are a mix of three different races: black, white and indian.

Gina

Postby Gina » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 am

Hello Mr. Trotta !

I did save a puertorican receipe on "save draft " by my celular phone because the text was too long and that do not let me post reply the message. I wrote by cell phone, but now I am on my desktop and I am trying find the text to reply but I do not know how find it. Could you help me how can I get it back to reply ? Thanks !!!

James Trotta
Site Admin

Postby James Trotta » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 am

You want to get the draft from your cell phone to your desktop? I would email it to myself maybe. Or did I misunderstand?
Gina wrote:Hello Mr. Trotta !

I did save a puertorican receipe on "save draft " by my celular phone because the text was too long and that do not let me post reply the message. I wrote by cell phone, but now I am on my desktop and I am trying find the text to reply but I do not know how find it. Could you help me how can I get it back to reply ? Thanks !!!

jieunjang

Re: Let's Discuss Culture -- Jason M. Ham Introduction

Postby jieunjang » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Without horror movies, I like most of movies.
I think people can experience many special things through movies.
For me and my best friends, we love Harry potter series becuase
we cannot be wizards in real life.

Return to “Discussing culture”