Do you have a Driver's License

Share your culture and ask questions about other cultures. The idea is to learn something interesting while practicing English. Topics from this forum will slowly be moved to more specific forums.

Moderator: Soon Mi

inha(57)KimDuckKyu

Do you have a Driver's License

Postby inha(57)KimDuckKyu » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:29 pm

Do you have a korea Driver's License??????
If yo want to drive a car, tou need a Driver's License, and in order to receive a Driver's License, driving education is required.
Now i will explain about drivering instruction for the driver's license briefly.
first, after studyng the theories of driving, then you must pass the written exam.
second, 'feasibility test' of 3 hours per day max and 20hour in total at the neighberhood driving education center.
third, after take all 15 hours total with daily maximum of 3 hours of 'road drive' edcation, must apply and pass the Rodad Drive Test.
finally, go to the driver's license exam center to receive your driver's license.
I have a driver's license.

inha(108906)ParkHyunKook

Postby inha(108906)ParkHyunKook » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:15 pm

Be missed.
Driving theory test, I once fell.
Do you know why?
Did not have identification.
Just go with the identification trials.

Inha(906)YiJeongHyeon

Postby Inha(906)YiJeongHyeon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:39 pm

I don't have a driver's license.
When I wanted to get driver's license, I had no money.
But when I had enough money to get it, I had no time.
It is a vicious circle...
So I don't still have no driver's license...

Inha(906)LeeDongHun

Postby Inha(906)LeeDongHun » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:35 am

No, I don't have a driver's license.

If I get the driver's license, then I take a lesson at the drive academy.

But, the registration fee is very expensive.

Maybe, it's bewteem alt least 500,000 won and 700,000 won over.

So, I can't get the driver's license.

azure

Re: Do you have a Driver's License

Postby azure » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:58 am

i haven't get my driver's license.
But in my country, the process to get the licence is not as hard as in korea. You just need to pass two session test. First session is writing test and second session is driving test. The government purposely made the test not really hard to do so the people want to get driver's license in proper way, not using the scalper help.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Postby James Trotta » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:08 pm

I got my US license at 17 like most of my friends. Now I have a Korean license as well. I remember every question had an answer choice like " Speed up" - I am a good enough test taker to know that while in real life speeding up is usually the answer, on the test it is never the right answer...

Daeun Lee

Postby Daeun Lee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:06 pm

I got my license last semester! I registered the driver;s livense academy in July, however, I pulled a ligament on my right ankle when i went to take a written test. So my original plan that taking a license during summer vacation was failed. I think written test was very easy as i heard before. But due to the progress changed simply, the practice time was also reduced and then I was fearful. Just after two hours i had to take 'feasibility test' and right after passed that test, I was going outside.

Though I talked to some of the people around that i was very nervous befor taking the final road drive exam, luckily i passed the test at a single cast. However, after i got the liense, i had never drove a car. It's not because I don't have any chance, but because I'm still very afraid of driving. I don't dare to do it with only 6 hours driving practicing. So I think the law need to revising originally, including much more time to practice.

daniel

Postby daniel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 pm

thanks it was nice and like other country laws actually like my country condition

lizzy

Postby lizzy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:33 am

yes i do have driver license. i got my license a year ago. it was difficult for me because i did not have money.
and at the same time i had no time to practice for the road test. It took me a while before i could get it.

(102)Wonjae LEE

Postby (102)Wonjae LEE » Tue May 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Not yet. I should've gotten a driver license last year. This year the license test became more expensive and harder. But even though i got a driver license earlier, it would've made no big difference, because i couldn't afford a car.

(101)KwangWook

Postby (101)KwangWook » Wed May 15, 2013 3:03 pm

I have one. Though I have not driven even one time since I passed the test. My family do not have a car, and me neither. I am planning to live in Seoul, and I do not think that I need a car, so I am wondering now why I took the test.

sacha

Postby sacha » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:58 pm

I obtain my drivers license at 18 yrs. old in my country. When I relocate to us get a new one but the process was easy. I do not had retake the exam. only exchange my old license by a new one.

Jun-Hyung-Noh

Postby Jun-Hyung-Noh » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:06 am

when I graduated from high school, I wanted to get a driver's license. Because driving car was my ideal and dream. But after I enter university, my thought is changed. I get to think the car is not need.
Because in Seoul, there are too many car so if I drive car in Seoul, I would pay the oil cost more than the cost of the car. So I determined I will get the driver's license later.

paco0647

Postby paco0647 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Yes I do, in USA and in Argentina

Rayssa

Re:

Postby Rayssa » Mon May 05, 2014 4:24 am

Inha(906)YiJeongHyeon wrote:I don't have a driver's license.
When I wanted to get driver's license, I had no money.
But when I had enough money to get it, I had no time.
It is a vicious circle...
So I don't still have no driver's license...

i feel the same. :)

Return to “Discussing culture”