Why are you studying English?

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
deeqa

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by deeqa » Wed May 16, 2018 3:33 pm

i want to improve my knowledge so as to read many books. reading in English is very interesting when you understand it well. also i want to improve my capacity since English language become an international.

Ly Nguyen

Post by Ly Nguyen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:23 pm

I study English to enroll into University in USA and have a better career in future.

Butchvel2k

Post by Butchvel2k » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:47 pm

Hi, I'm an immigrant from the Philippines and currently living in Houston, Texas. I was born and raised in the Philippines and English is my second language. In our country, English is the medium of instruction in most private and public schools with the exception of the University of the Philippines. Instructors there opted to use both English and our national language which is Tagalog/Pilipino.

I learned to love the English language since my elementary years. I love to read books written in English and I love to express my thoughts in writing. But one thing that puzzled me all through these years is that I have difficulty expressing my thoughts in words. Don't get me wrong. I can talk. But here's the thing. It would take at least a couple of seconds or even more before I could finally say what's on my mind. I always have the tendency to preprogram my line of thoughts before I release it in my mouth. In most cases, I just make it an excuse to listen to the other person and telling him/her that I am a good listener when the fact of the matter is I'm dying to contribute my opinion/thought to the conversation. Most of the time I'd settle on answering the usual yes/no/maybe so as not kill the conversation. Am I weird? Maybe. I guess this is a disability that I need to overcome. Would somebody help me? :roll: :roll:

Shaziahafsah

Post by Shaziahafsah » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:30 am

I want to learn English because i lived in America and I have talk English with my kids and their friends but my problem is I can’t talk fluently and make silly mistake that’s feel me so embarrassment and I have so much problem in writing too whenever I tried to write text messages l make so much mistake

Suzynano

Post by Suzynano » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:09 am

Hi

I joined the ESLgo because i have kinda free time or in another way I need to learn more English to help me go back to school . I have been in USA for more then 10 years and I speak English fluently but my problem is with writing essays and big paragraphs . :?

Sidhusidhu

Post by Sidhusidhu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:41 pm

I am studying english because i live in a country where english is necessity and i am immigrant here. I want to learn so that i feel comfortable while talking to other people who already has very good english. I think i have less problem while writing it but when i speak it is not up to the mark maybe because of inferority complex its always in my mind that my speaking is not good and i will make mistakes while speaking. So now i am trying to learn proper and good english so that i can also become a good communicator.

Corina

Post by Corina » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:47 am

I'm study English because I live in the country and would like to feel comfortable when I talk to native people of this Country.
I have kids and grandkids that speak English so is very important for me that I have a good communication with them.

sunshine

Post by sunshine » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:57 pm

Hello, I am studying English because i live here in the united states, I have been immigrant for 6yrs still i can't talk or speak fluently especially when there is a filipino/filipina around me. I don't even express my feelings, not comfortable talking in english to my family and friends. Im trying to watch on youtube about in english lesson but im still confused how to used those tense, even i don't speak fluent, i think it's better for me to write what i want to say than to speak. My teacher thought me English is a Universal Language but still i did not listen to them. I know that i can't turn back the time but i hope i can learn english so i can talk to my family and friends and specially to get a better job.

sunshine

Post by sunshine » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:04 am

Butchvel2k wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:47 pm
Hi, I'm an immigrant from the Philippines and currently living in Houston, Texas. I was born and raised in the Philippines and English is my second language. In our country, English is the medium of instruction in most private and public schools with the exception of the University of the Philippines. Instructors there opted to use both English and our national language which is Tagalog/Pilipino.

I learned to love the English language since my elementary years. I love to read books written in English and I love to express my thoughts in writing. But one thing that puzzled me all through these years is that I have difficulty expressing my thoughts in words. Don't get me wrong. I can talk. But here's the thing. It would take at least a couple of seconds or even more before I could finally say what's on my mind. I always have the tendency to preprogram my line of thoughts before I release it in my mouth. In most cases, I just make it an excuse to listen to the other person and telling him/her that I am a good listener when the fact of the matter is I'm dying to contribute my opinion/thought to the conversation. Most of the time I'd settle on answering the usual yes/no/maybe so as not kill the conversation. Am I weird? Maybe. I guess this is a disability that I need to overcome. Would somebody help me? :roll: :roll:
Hello :) im from phillipines, sorry for my wrong grammar. I just want you to know that you seem like you are good in english :)

Annetteabby

Post by Annetteabby » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Because I would like to better my grammar, sentence composition, make my family and myself proud, and in a near future start a new career.

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:33 pm

James Trotta wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:25 pm
Two questions really. Your answer can be long or short. I just want to start learning more about you so I can help you better.

Why are you studying English? Why are you studying English at ESLgo.com?
I am studying English because I have a bad memory which have to improve. Also I have always thought that I am so bad trying to learn a second language that I have to practice until I truly understand most of the things. Sometimes I can't catch all insights in conversations with friends from other countries and that makes me feel sad.