Nice to meet you...

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.

Is English your friend or enemy?

friend
84%
undecided
10%
enemy
6%

Total votes: 187

fleuryvana

Re: Nice to meet you...

Post by fleuryvana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:38 pm

hi my name is yvana nice to meet you too

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:05 pm

fleuryvana wrote:hi my name is yvana nice to meet you too
Hi yvana, welcome. :)
Tell us a little about yourself?

potpot

Post by potpot » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi everyone!I am new here in this site. You're site is really interesting and very helpful to those people whose english is not their primary language just like me. I am planning to take IELTS soon(hopefully) for future purposes. I am a Filipino and currently working in Canada but sad to say it's not the job i wanted to work to because I need to comply more requirements(one of those is English proficiency) before i could get the job i wanted. For now, i am searching a lot of free resources that could help me improve my English in general(writing, listening, reading and speaking).Thank you very much and I look forward in learning a lot from your site. more power!

potpot :P

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:49 am

Hello and welcome to the forum potpot! I hope you find it helpful. :)

shimonsmila

Post by shimonsmila » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 am

hi,my name is shimon and i live in israel.my proffesion is marketing and sales.unfortunatly i don't work in my proffesion since several years because of many irrelevant reasons but luckily i can start working in my proffesion again.a friend of mine developed a new program that has a huge sales potential and he want me to be one of the marketing staff.he won't make any discount for me and in order to get the job i have to rich a very high business english level.we suppose to start with the american market and most of the work(at list the introduction of the company and the product)will be by phone.therefore i need to practice most of all my english speaking and my writing skills as well.
i would appreciate it if you will help me to put my life back on the right track because right now i can't support my family and i am pretty desperate. :!:

milka149

Post by milka149 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Hello My name is Milka, I would like to join to your "english society" . I am first year`student of english filology . I want to improve my speaking skills.

SunYuRim

Post by SunYuRim » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 am

Hi James! Nice to meet you. My name is Yurim. :)
I'm studing in HUFS. Also i'm majoring English Linguistic. professor Trotta is my teacher in conversation class.
He is so good that i can improve my conversation skills and also be confident.
I love riding a bike too! But i have no chance to ride usually :(

Mohd Ali

Post by Mohd Ali » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:43 am

Hai . My name is Mohd Ali. You can call me Ali or whatever. I'm 18 years old this 27th September and I live in Malaysia . I'm working as waiter at Thai restaurant before waiting to continue my studies . I still new in English and I hope you guys can teach a how to improve my english,my grammar and others .

Mohd Ali

Post by Mohd Ali » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 am

hai mother :)

Mohd Ali

Post by Mohd Ali » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:09 am

boxcar wrote:
mothre wrote:hi my name is mother. and iam mother for five kids i live in canada now but iam from africa ilike to improve my speaking in english .i need u r help
Hello Mother, welcome to the forum. We can help but you have to help yourself first. The more you post here, the more advice we can give you in terms of improving your English. :)
i also need help here in my english :(

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Mohd Ali wrote:
boxcar wrote:
mothre wrote:hi my name is mother. and iam mother for five kids i live in canada now but iam from africa ilike to improve my speaking in english .i need u r help
Hello Mother, welcome to the forum. We can help but you have to help yourself first. The more you post here, the more advice we can give you in terms of improving your English. :)
i also need help here in my english :(
I'm happy to help in any way I can, do you have any questions as a starting point?

ANA

Post by ANA » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 pm

hello: my name is ANA, I'm married and y had three childen.
But my older son was died by cancer five years ago. It was very hard ..When the time passed after this, my husband and me, we decided to work, to study, to travel, and do exercise very much .We decided to have a occupated life with my others daughters. Now we go to study english in FES ACATLAN, Is an idioms school very famous because you obtain many certificates in English. Now we usually sudy by internet.
We live in Mexico State, near to Mexico City. the life on Mexico is wonderfull, we live in the freedom, and I very proud of my country.
My husband and me, work in our company, wevinstall industrial floors and we sell houses. Is a good business.
.and now we travel for all Mexico's touristic place
We traveled to Cozumel, Acapulco,Chihuahua,Queretaro,Guanajuato,Hidlago, etc.. In may we will go to Huatulco: this is a beautifull beach.Well some people tell me!
My interests are: to travel to all the world.
.Because we need speak english very well. In Mexico, all the things is writting in English.
8) :roll:

ALISHA

Post by ALISHA » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:49 am

hello nice to meet you....
how have you been doing

leticiaverdugo

Post by leticiaverdugo » Fri May 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi, everyone my name is Leticia I lived in California I love to walk to the mountains avery day, I like to speak english more fluency so any advise are welcome.

I'm homemaker mother of three girls two married and one single We got two grandchildrens (boys).

kausheilia

Post by kausheilia » Sat May 26, 2012 9:17 am

Hi Everyone,
I am kausheiliah , I live in Malaysia. though I use English in my daily conversation, I do lack of a certain style of speaking English.
This is due to useage of the local language here..the Malay. I tend to use Malay in my conversations ...mix it with English..bad :wink: :oops: