Nice to meet you...

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.

Is English your friend or enemy?

friend
84%
undecided
11%
enemy
6%

Total votes: 189

Renato Silva

Re: Nice to meet you...

Post by Renato Silva » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:03 am

Hi, I just registering in the forum. I hope learn too much with you. I'm from Brazil.

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:24 am

Hello! I'm always active here if anyone ever has questions. Some days I have trouble logging in but I will usually get back with you within a day or 2 so please keep checking back. :)

varat

Post by varat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:38 am

Hi, nice to meet you.
I am from Nepal. I live in capital city of Nepal; is known as Kathmandu. I have my own motorbike. I always ride my bike to go office.
Thank you .
See you on next class.

zizo

Post by zizo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:05 am

Hi every one! im john nice to meet you. im from zambia. im here to improve my English

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi Zizo. Very nice to meet you. Please explore the language exercises and then practice the language here on the forum. Feel free to start new threads or reply to old threads. Whatever you want!

izamarvl

Post by izamarvl » Wed May 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Hello I'm Izamar from United States, but really Im from Puerto Rico. Actually I live in New York. I'm also a teacher, I teach biology for billinguals students. I will like to learn how to write very well in english. I consider this web site very useful for me.
Nice to meet you
Sincerely
Izamar

tahir

Post by tahir » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:09 am

hey nice to meet you I want meet to you in English because my English not good

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:31 pm

Nice to meet you too. New friends can work on some exercises at http://eslgo.com/classes.php

You can post on the forums ehre to practice some grammar and vocabulary - whatever you feel like practicing is OK with me.

You can also join a more organized discussion class - all free. See some details here: http://eslgo.com/free-conversation/

Szanne2109

Re: Nice to meet you...ow!

Post by Szanne2109 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:32 pm

izamarvl wrote:Hello I'm Izamar from United States, but really Im from Puerto Rico. Actually I live in New York. I'm also a teacher, I teach biology for billinguals students. I will like to learn how to write very well in english. I consider this web site very useful for me.
Nice to meet you
Sincerely
Izamar
Wow!!! Nice to meet you Izamar, this is going to be fun because we meet a lot of people here. Now I know I am in the right tract.

Szanne2109

Post by Szanne2109 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Sir, I am a new member here, it was nice to know you and I know I need to learn more on this class. Maybe I need to start with the basic, because when I tried to answer the practice " correct winky" I got some mistakes. By the way I am Szanne, I am from Philippines. I am married, and got 2 kids. My eldest is 18 and my youngest is 6. English is one of my favorite subject when I was young, but now when I got here in United States I saw myself confused about what to ask what to say and talk about specially when I started working here. Many times they did not understand what I am talking about maybe because of my accent. I really wanted to learn more specially my grammar. Thanks to all of you guys who made this website to help us. You are all grate and helping a lot of people like me. It was nice to know you all and meet some more friends.

Szanne2109

Post by Szanne2109 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:39 pm

izamarvl wrote:Hello I'm Izamar from United States, but really Im from Puerto Rico. Actually I live in New York. I'm also a teacher, I teach biology for billinguals students. I will like to learn how to write very well in english. I consider this web site very useful for me.
Nice to meet you
Sincerely
Izamar
Hi it was nice to know you Izamar, I want to learn Spanish too because I need it in at work. We been seeing a lot of Hispanic patient at the Dental clinic sometimes my co workers are off and we didn't know how to speak with the Hispanic patient, I know some basic words because I am from Philippines but I know need to learn more. This is a awesome sites, love it!!!

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi Szanne :D
Szanne2109 wrote:Hi Sir, I am a new member here, it was nice to know you and I know I need to learn more on this class. Maybe I need to start with the basic, because when I tried to answer the practice " correct winky" I got some mistakes. By the way I am Szanne, I am from Philippines. I am married, and got 2 kids. My eldest is 18 and my youngest is 6. English is one of my favorite subject when I was young, but now when I got here in United States I saw myself confused about what to ask what to say and talk about specially when I started working here. Many times they did not understand what I am talking about maybe because of my accent. I really wanted to learn more specially my grammar. Thanks to all of you guys who made this website to help us. You are all grate and helping a lot of people like me. It was nice to know you all and meet some more friends.
I know that making mistakes can be discouraging. I make mistakes when I try to use my Korean and then I want to stop or go do something really easy. But making mistakes is an important part of learning. We just have to make mistakes and then fix them, make more mistakes, then fix them. Sometimes we make the same mistakes over and over. We try to fix them and fail. But we keep trying :!:

So here is a nice complex sentence you wrote that I will help you fix: English was one of my favorite subjects when I was young, but now that I am here in United States I get confused about what to ask and what to say and what to talk about especially when I started working here.

ByronMorales

Post by ByronMorales » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi Jason ~

biking is my favorite hobby but some how my Wife hate biking , What I should do about it , any thoughts?

crisanna

Post by crisanna » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:40 am

hi,it's me crisanna from nepal.i'm ur new student.

Osamaabboud

Post by Osamaabboud » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Hello my teacher
Am Osama from Yemen I want to learn more english