How to join / register

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.

Re: How to join / register

Postby josemcasillas » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:45 pm

hi im Jose
josemcasillas

Postby veni » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 am

hi i am veni from Jakarta ( indonesia ), i am new in this classroom please talk to me so that can i improve my english :D
i want to know with this class pls help ,thanks
veni

Postby Negina » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi
I am Negina Noorzada i am from afghanistan i came in USA five month ago and i want to speak english very will pleas help me thank you
Negina

Postby James Trotta » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Welcome Veni and Negina. I can help more if you write longer introductions. Try to start a new thread below and tell us a little bit more about yourselves. Checking out these classes first may help:

http://www.eslgo.com/classes/present.html
http://www.eslgo.com/classes/winky.html
James Trotta
Site Admin

Postby cieraann » Thu May 02, 2013 4:48 am

Hi,

My name is Nene. English is my second language. I am currently employed at a company that requires a lot of customer service. I feel very confident that I have the ability to communicate well with my customers. But sometimes, when my Boss or my co-workers are around, I suddenly feel that my English is as bad as when I came to America. I decided to join this forum to better learn how to be confident of my self whether my boss is around or not.
cieraann

Postby James Trotta » Sat May 25, 2013 4:58 pm

From this post I would say your English is great but maybe using your English in a more informal context will help your confidence in those situations where the conversation is less predictable (customer service is probably routine and comfortable for you but when you talk to your boss or coworkers, you probably don't know what they'll say next).
James Trotta
Site Admin

Postby ama » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi all,

I came from Brazil to US six years ago, English is my second language and I really struggle when I need to write. I have learned a lots of English since I arrived here. Last year I assisted English classes at the community college near my house that helped a lot with grammar, got A, B, but couldn't pass the writing class. The grammar teacher was sweet as mash mellow, but the writing teacher was awful, she was picky, really sad, miserable person. The college requirement to pass to the next level was 70% but she required 80%, since my final tests results was 76%, I failed. Unlike grammar class that I passed with 94% score. I'm thinking about go back to college and take English classes again, but I get scared every time I think it. The awful teacher left me with bad memories that push me back. A good teacher make difference. Hoping to find a good one in my next class. While I wait to make a decision I'm searching the best way in how to improve my writing skills.

God bless you!
ama

Postby innocentya y » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Hello! I am Innocentya and am a new comer. I am not sure I am at the right place to introduce myself concerning this course. Anyway, if that be the case, I want to say that I want to improve my spoken english for I studied english eight years ago and stayed without speaking it all this while; now, I am and executive secretary and I must improve my english. Writing is not a problem for me as such; but I am not use to speak and I don't get quickly enough what american and british people say. I hope this course will help me. I am married with four children.
innocentya y

Previous

Return to Tell us about yourself