Why are you studying English?

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
Mahrokh

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by Mahrokh » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:37 am

Hello dear Friend
Your kind help to me is really appreciated. I like to study English to have a better communication with the people, for getting a job and for counting my study.
thanks
Mahrokh
[email protected]

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:01 am

You're welcome :D
Ann'JJ wrote:Hi All, we have the same mission right now, to improve our English.

Hi Jim, thank you for your assistance helping us on this matter.

Im keep learning English as I think it was my weakness where I am able to write with broken grammar, but still unable to speak fluently even in broken English. Im not sure if is because Im lack of confident level.

I did some research previously, and I believe ESL is among a good one to improve English as we have a very passion man which will make a correction on our grammar. The best things ever is I can learn on my mistakes and learn from other mistakes too. It is smart way of learning.

Thank you Jim ! =)
I keep learning English as I think I am able to write with broken grammar, but still unable to speak fluently even in broken English. I'm not sure if it is because I lack of confidence.

I did some research previously, and I believe ESL is a good way to improve English as we have a very passionate man who will correct our grammar.

Be careful of saying Im when I is needed: I keep learning vs I am learning.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:12 am

Nice to meet you :D
Mon wrote:I am from China. I want to learn English well so that I can attend University in US
...attend university in the US.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:14 am

Mahrokh wrote:Hello dear Friend
Your kind help to me is really appreciated. I like to study English to have a better communication with the people, for getting a job and for counting my study.
thanks
Mahrokh
Your kind help is really appreciated. I like to study English to communicate better with people, for getting a job and for continuing my studies.

Mataharis

Post by Mataharis » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:33 pm

Hello.
I'm studying English because now I'm living between Miami and Brazil. I have been studying in Miami Dade College ESOL and now I would like to improve my conversation skills.
Sometimes I can understand what people says, but sometimes not really. I think that I need to practice my listening and to try speak more with native speakers but sometimes I don't feel comfortable to do this.
I think that the big problem is because my vocabulary is poor and people use the phrases verb because the mean change when you use just the verb.
Now I'm in Brazil and I think very hard to meet someone that want to practice English.
I hope that I can improve my write/read skills too.

Thank you and have a happy Friday

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:41 am

Do you mean you are splitting your time between Miami and Brazil? Are you living in both places part of the time?
Mataharis wrote:Hello.
I'm studying English because now I'm living between Miami and Brazil. I have been studying in Miami Dade College ESOL and now I would like to improve my conversation skills.
Sometimes I can understand what people says, but sometimes not really. I think that I need to practice my listening and to try speak more with native speakers but sometimes I don't feel comfortable to do this.
I think that the big problem is because my vocabulary is poor and people use the phrases verb because the mean change when you use just the verb.
Now I'm in Brazil and I think very hard to meet someone that want to practice English.
I hope that I can improve my write/read skills too.

Thank you and have a happy Friday
Sometimes I can understand what people say,

I think that the big problem is because my vocabulary is poor and people use phrasal :?: verbs.

because the mean change when you use just the verb. :arrow: I'm not really sure what this means. Do you mean that phrasal verbs have different meanings than the words they consist of?

Now I'm in Brazil and I think it is very hard to meet someone who wants to practice English.

stevkaruza

Post by stevkaruza » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:58 am

Hello,
I am glad to write you. I want to learn English because it is necessary for our life. I need to used English for any job which I can find next time. I want speak English with my kids too. It will be very helpfully for them, because English learning in our school system is horrible. I hope that I will be better user English if I will practice every day. Thanks for all. Stefany

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Sorry to hear about the English in your schools :(
stevkaruza wrote:Hello,
I am glad to write you. I want to learn English because it is necessary for our life. I need to used English for any job which I can find next time. I want speak English with my kids too. It will be very helpfully for them, because English learning in our school system is horrible. I hope that I will be better user English if I will practice every day. Thanks for all. Stefany
I want to learn English because it is necessary for our lives. I need to use English for any job I can find. I want speak English with my kids too. It will be very helpful for them, because English learning in our school system is horrible. I hope that I will be a better English user if I practice every day.

Valusha

Post by Valusha » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Hello everyone, I'm very glad to join this wonderful international community!
We can understand each other, communicate, meet new friends here just because of learning English language! And it's great! Because English is the first international language in the world. We can us it for traveling, business, study in the prestigious universities in any country in the world, meet new friends or like in my case, future husband or wife! Learning English open so many doors for success, inspiration, adventure,communication and perhaps happiness! So let's learn English, my new friends!!!

P.S. James, thank you so much from all of us for this great opportunity using your site to improve our skills in English language!

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:31 am

You're welcome :D
Valusha wrote:Hello everyone, I'm very glad to join this wonderful international community!
We can understand each other, communicate, meet new friends here just because of learning English language! And it's great! Because English is the first international language in the world. We can us it for traveling, business, study in the prestigious universities in any country in the world, meet new friends or like in my case, future husband or wife! Learning English open so many doors for success, inspiration, adventure,communication and perhaps happiness! So let's learn English, my new friends!!!

P.S. James, thank you so much from all of us for this great opportunity using your site to improve our skills in English language!
Because English is the world's lingua franca. We can us it for traveling or business. We can use English to study at prestigious universities in any country in the world, meet new friends, or, like in my case, future husband or wife! Learning English opens so many doors for success, inspiration, adventure,communication and perhaps happiness! So let's learn English, my new friends!!!

:D

Nofi

Post by Nofi » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:19 am

I learn English because I want to join my husband to stay and settle in the United Kingdom. That is why i am learning English language and to prepair
myself to have IELST test.

dipta

Post by dipta » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi James,
sorry for delay.I am from Nepal where one year before a massive earthquake happened. I am 53 years old. I am working in McDonalds and communicating by english but I want better .I am working as crew trainer and they are offering me to be a manager but have no confidence about handling mananement because of my language.
Thank you

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Is the test supposed to be hard :?:
Nofi wrote:I learn English because I want to join my husband to stay and settle in the United Kingdom. That is why i am learning English language and to prepair
myself to have IELST test.
I am learning English because I want to join my husband to stay and settle in the United Kingdom. That is why i am learning English to prepare to take the IELST test

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:38 pm

dipta wrote:Hi James,
sorry for delay.I am from Nepal where one year before a massive earthquake happened. I am 53 years old. I am working in McDonalds and communicating by english but I want better .I am working as crew trainer and they are offering me to be a manager but have no confidence about handling mananement because of my language.
Thank you
I am from Nepal where one year before a massive earthquake happened. I am 53 years old. I am working in McDonalds and communicating by english but I want to get better. I am working as crew trainer and they are offering to make me a manager but I have no confidence about handling a management position because of my language proficiency.

Lachu

Post by Lachu » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:53 pm

English is universal and international language.everywhere u need it like if u go anywhere else like to buy grocery any store or even to talk with someone u need English that's why I am studying English to improve myself . Thanks :D