Why are you studying English?

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:31 am

Hello :D
Lachu wrote:English is universal and international language.everywhere u need it like if u go anywhere else like to buy grocery any store or even to talk with someone u need English that's why I am studying English to improve myself . Thanks :D

English is a universal and international language. Everywhere you need it. Like if you go to buy groceries or even to talk with someone you need English. That's why I am studying English to improve myself .

You is better than u. :D

billy2450

Post by billy2450 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:59 pm

just want to lern english :D my english is not good because im from venezula and i speak spanish :)

Di-Dunlop

Post by Di-Dunlop » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 am

I'm from Chile and I started to studying English a few years ago, when I was in college but always it have been a challenge for me to speak, listen and write in English. Also when I was in college I met my husband, who was an exchange student from United States. He was my motivation to start learning English, since he is an american. Then, when we got married I moved to live in Las Vegas and I started working in a company.

It has been a huge challenge for me to work in a company where I need to communicate in a language that is not my first language and I feel very embarrassed when I have to speak out in front of people, wondering if they might understand my message or not.

The main reason I want to study English is because I want to excel my level of English and gain confidence to speak out in a foreign language, and also be able to communicate better with my husband's family (even though sometimes is better to seem like I do not understand when they are asking for grand kids ajajaaj).

By the way, thank you for this valuable resource that you are offering to all the people that are looking for a way to improve their knowledge in English and the best part is that it is FREE. It is admirable see people willing to help without an interest.

Diana Dunlop :D

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:31 pm

So just for fun?
billy2450 wrote:just want to lern english :D my english is not good because im from venezula and i speak spanish :)
I just want to learn English.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:42 pm

You're welcome :D
Di-Dunlop wrote:I'm from Chile and I started to studying English a few years ago, when I was in college but always it have been a challenge for me to speak, listen and write in English. Also when I was in college I met my husband, who was an exchange student from United States. He was my motivation to start learning English, since he is an american. Then, when we got married I moved to live in Las Vegas and I started working in a company.

It has been a huge challenge for me to work in a company where I need to communicate in a language that is not my first language and I feel very embarrassed when I have to speak out in front of people, wondering if they might understand my message or not.

The main reason I want to study English is because I want to excel my level of English and gain confidence to speak out in a foreign language, and also be able to communicate better with my husband's family (even though sometimes is better to seem like I do not understand when they are asking for grand kids ajajaaj).

By the way, thank you for this valuable resource that you are offering to all the people that are looking for a way to improve their knowledge in English and the best part is that it is FREE. It is admirable see people willing to help without an interest.

Diana Dunlop :D
I'm from Chile and I started studying English a few years ago, when I was in college but it has always been a challenge for me to speak, listen and write in English. Also when I was in college I met my husband, who was an exchange student from the United States. He was my motivation to start learning English, since he is an american. Then, when we got married I moved to live in Las Vegas and I started working in a company.

It has been a huge challenge for me to work in a company where I need to communicate in a language that is not my first language and I feel very embarrassed when I have to speak in front of people, wondering if they might understand my message or not.

The main reason I want to study English is because I want to advance my level of English and gain confidence to speak in a foreign language, and also be able to communicate better with my husband's family (even though sometimes it is better to act like I do not understand when they are asking for grand kids ajajaaj).
:lol:

reem

Post by reem » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:21 am

Hello. I am studying English to get my Ged. I want to have confidence while speaking with others. I don't have an accent, but English is not my native language. There is one more thing I want to be able to write professionally as well.

Thank you

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Welcome :D
reem wrote:Hello. I am studying English to get my Ged. I want to have confidence while speaking with others. I don't have an accent, but English is not my native language. There is one more thing I want to be able to write professionally as well.

Thank you
Goog writing. You nust forgot one period: There is one more thing. I want to be able to write professionally as well

Borokuk

Post by Borokuk » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 pm

I want to study English because I have kid that go to school. And it's really important for me because it will be easier for me to communicate with all his teachers.

M.Iqbal

Post by M.Iqbal » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Hello friend i am new here in this grroup I am happy to registrate in this group.As you well awar that English is the international language,which is compulsary to every one.if we can speak english we can underatand easily of the whole world culture,language etc so i am intersted to learn english if i like some sincer friend need your help :ugeek:

Lana9015

Post by Lana9015 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:48 am

Hi James, hi everyone! My needs in English... Well, I am Russian, came here in America 12 years ago in an age of 39 (yes, I am 51 now). It is hard to start new life around 40th, especially if since you remember yourself you hadn't been a good learner.
Anyway, I moved here with very little English (actually, in Russia we learn British English and our teachers - back in my childhood - were self-educated in English, never being able to see a native speaker because of Cold War) and somehow I managed to start quite a life. As I couldn't continue my previous professional experience, I worked at different places until I started my own business. It is nothing fancy, my company does residential cleaning. And basically it feels normal that cleaner speaks very broken English. I would probably live with this forever, but (!!!) I got grandkids. And at some point I see that I can't speak with them about whatever they need, or whatever I want. This is the situation where I must not be the same "first generation immigrant" talking like a freak. Not only my older grandson (he is 8) corrects me, I see that my granddaughter (4yo) much better than me.
Summering all I said - I need to be a good grandmother. I want to tell my little sweeties fairy tails, to joke with them, to speak about serious things, their future problems, secrets and thoughts. I need to be able to be here for them and to be able to express all I know.

Thank you James for what you are doing!!! You have a big heart and endless patience listening and correcting people from all around the world.

Ailoveyou

Post by Ailoveyou » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:53 am

English is not my native language but it is considered as an official language in the Philippines. I've been teaching English for almost ten years now but I know that I still have to improve in a lot of things.
Another reason is, I want to go to different countries and work there as a teacher.

SANMAITO

Post by SANMAITO » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:25 am

Is my personal challenge. So I think than English is a Universal Lenguage and i want to trip this year and the following years of my life!

Ratihsafitri

Post by Ratihsafitri » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:14 am

Hi everyone

Why am i study english?
As we known, english is the most language in the world. If we cant speak english, how we take some conversation or ask something with someone in the other country?
in my country, if you wanna have a great job, you should have a good english.

Tata

Post by Tata » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:01 am

Hello!
My name is Tata, I'm 27, I'm from Russia.
I'm studying English, because me and my husband emigrated in US. I can speak a little bit, understand simple things,that was enough for travelling and working in foreign company in Russia, but I need more. I would like to know English as well as my native language, because of several reasons.
First of all, it will help me to communicate with other people and find a job and friends in the nearest future.
Secondly, I have a son, he is 11 months old and we start learn both languages, but I want to study him correct English. I'm very afraid that in one day he'll start correct my mistakes and look condescendingly at me.
And I'd like not to use Google translator as well. And wake up one day and say: Yes, Tata, now English - is your second language!
Now, full time I'm spending in our apartment with my child, while my husband is working. We are talking in russian at home. As we have only one car per family, I don't have much opportunity to improve my language and have enough practice, that's why I've decided to start online courses.
I'd like to say Thanks a lot, James, for this project.

Shanti

Post by Shanti » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:00 am

Hello all I am Shanti, I am married and I am 48years old.i am from Nepal.i live in USA from May7th,2015. When I came in USA I feel very differently because of language, I speak own my Nepali language and I don't know how to speak good English with others even my husband is an American and sometimes I didn't understand him and he didn't understand to me so we had many problems even I want to work yet language sometimes is a barrier.

I feel English is important and now in Nepal they are doing better job at teaching English to children through this program I want to excel, grow and help others too.m