Why are you studying English?

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
Post Reply
agnbez44
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by agnbez44 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi, I want to improve my English because I live in USA, I would like to better communicate with people and I think I able to get aa good job if I improve my English:)

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:01 am

Hello and welcome!
ionedomingo wrote:I live in the Philippines and my job would require me to make sure that I can communicate in English well. I usually conduct initial interviews and I would like to make sure that when I communicate and pronounce words they are correct. I would love to learn more on how to improve my communications skills. Thank you.
I have a question for you. I think you mean to say that your job requires you to use English. If we say "would require" that means right now it doesn't require English (but it would if things were different). Is that right? Most everything else looks accurate. Good job :D

I live in the Philippines and my job requires me to communicate in English. I usually conduct initial interviews and I would like to make sure that when I communicate and pronounce words they are correct. I would love to learn more on how to improve my communications skills.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:10 am

Hello :D
agnbez44 wrote:Hi, I want to improve my English because I live in USA, I would like to better communicate with people and I think I able to get aa good job if I improve my English:)
I want to improve my English because I live in the USA. I would like to be better at communicating with people and I think I will able to get a good job if I improve my English

"I would like to better communicate with people" sounds almost natural and maybe a native speaker would say that. I just want to make sure you know what you're doing grammatically so I gave you the correction.

tomsmith
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by tomsmith » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:18 am

I want to improve my speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills of English. I wish I can communicate better with English speakers.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi and welcome Tom.
tomsmith wrote:I want to improve my speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills of English. I wish I can communicate better with English speakers.
I want to improve my speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills in English. I wish I could communicate better with English speakers.

You may want to check out the wish forum: viewforum.php?f=12

silvakalai
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by silvakalai » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:17 am

Dear All,

Myself Kalaivani, BSc Maths and BEd

My writing and speaking both of are very weak. Now I am looking to come over this weakness with the guidance of team member and myself.

I came to know about this website through one of active member Mr. Silva Kumar.

I can see here everyone actively contributes their knowledge and raising the question doubt whatever in their mind without any hesitation of English.

As per my understanding English learning is so simple if having good vocabulary and thereafter the tense.

Please guide me, how can I get the most useful daily uses word which i can use in daily life.
Second, respected senior please guide me wherever I am doing the mistake accordingly.

with best regards
Kalai

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:46 am

Welcome. Thanks for joining us! So are you studying English for your career? For fun? For the challenge?
silvakalai wrote:Dear All,

Myself Kalaivani, BSc Maths and BEd

My writing and speaking both of are very weak. Now I am looking to come over this weakness with the guidance of team member and myself.

I came to know about this website through one of active member Mr. Silva Kumar.

I can see here everyone actively contributes their knowledge and raising the question doubt whatever in their mind without any hesitation of English.

As per my understanding English learning is so simple if having good vocabulary and thereafter the tense.

Please guide me, how can I get the most useful daily uses word which i can use in daily life.
Second, respected senior please guide me wherever I am doing the mistake accordingly.

with best regards
Kalai
I'm Kalaivani, BSc Maths and BEd

My writing and speaking are both very weak. Now I am looking to overcome this weakness with the guidance of team members and myself.

I came to know about this website through one of the active members Mr. Silva Kumar.

I can see here everyone actively contributes their knowledge and raises questions when they have trouble with English.

As per my understanding English learning is so simple if you have a good vocabulary and know the verbs.

pari
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by pari » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Because english is international language and everybody need to know it. i want to study in PHD and it is need to learn english for article and ... .

Hainuliki
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by Hainuliki » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:30 pm

I just want improve my speaking and my listening and also when I communicate with english speaking. I'm also involved in performing arts, and they need english speaking people.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi Pari :D What do you want to do your PhD in?
pari wrote:Because english is international language and everybody need to know it. i want to study in PHD and it is need to learn english for article and ... .
Because English is an international language and everybody needs to know it. I want to study a PHD and I need to learn English for articles and...

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:00 pm

:D
Hello and welcome! What do you mean "they need English speaking people"? Who is "they"?
Hainuliki wrote:I just want improve my speaking and my listening and also when I communicate with english speaking. I'm also involved in performing arts, and they need english speaking people.

I just want improve my speaking and my listening so I can communicate with English speaking people. I'm also involved in performing arts, and they need English speaking people.

Yue Li
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by Yue Li » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Hello, my name is Yue. Currently I am studying in Canada as an international student, and this is my second year in a foreign country. I am taking English 11 in this semester, and I notice that it is very difficult to keep up with the teacher. I need to improve my English skill as fast as I can especially in writing. I hope I can make a lot of friends here! Thank you for reading :)

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:33 am

Hi Yue, Excellent introduction. :D
Yue Li wrote:Hello, my name is Yue. Currently I am studying in Canada as an international student, and this is my second year in a foreign country. I am taking English 11 in this semester, and I notice that it is very difficult to keep up with the teacher. I need to improve my English skill as fast as I can especially in writing. I hope I can make a lot of friends here! Thank you for reading :)
Currently I am studying in Canada as an international student, and this is my second year in a foreign country. I am taking English 11 this semester, and I notice that it is very difficult to keep up with the teacher. I need to improve my English skill as fast as I can especially in writing. I hope I can make a lot of friends here! Thank you for reading

hilkgideon
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by hilkgideon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:36 pm

I am studying English because my current level of fluency in both spoken and written English are not good enough. My job as Internal Auditor requires fluent English as I would be talking to people at various levels and backgrounds and thus write report about the findings. Having had this thought in mind I have decided to study English.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by James Trotta » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:18 am

Very nice to meet you :D
hilkgideon wrote:I am studying English because my current level of fluency in both spoken and written English are not good enough. My job as Internal Auditor requires fluent English as I would be talking to people at various levels and backgrounds and thus write report about the findings. Having had this thought in mind I have decided to study English.
I am studying English because my current level of fluency in both spoken and written English is not good enough. My job as Internal Auditor requires fluent English as I talk to people at various levels and from different backgrounds and then write reports about the findings. Having had this thought in mind I have decided to study English.

Post Reply