Why are you studying English?

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
Babbly

Re: Why are you studying English?

Post by Babbly » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi,i am from Delhi in India but I have been living in America for two years .as you know I m from Delhi sothat Hindi is my native language .since childhood I am keen on to learn English language.. because English is global language and it immensely speaking in the world.. living in America I have been facing problem with English language,i can't make a friend and I can't start doing job.if I improve my English language ..I'll improve my self..
Learning English is necessary for better future better job and better life style..

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Nice to meet you :D
Babbly wrote:Hi,i am from Delhi in India but I have been living in America for two years .as you know I m from Delhi sothat Hindi is my native language .since childhood I am keen on to learn English language.. because English is global language and it immensely speaking in the world.. living in America I have been facing problem with English language,i can't make a friend and I can't start doing job.if I improve my English language ..I'll improve my self..
Learning English is necessary for better future better job and better life style..
Since I am from Delhi, Hindi is my native language.
Since childhood, I have been keen on learning English.
English is a global language and it is spoken throughout the world.
In America I am having trouble making friends and finding a job.

I hope we can help!

monaelgazzar

Post by monaelgazzar » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:26 pm

I am studying English for many reasons.
one of the reasons that, I am from Egypt. my first language is Arabic. I came to united states for treatment from my cancer disease. I face a problem in communication with the doctors to explain my complains and asking them questions about the plan of my treatment. The translator is not available in all appointments. so sometimes I miss some instructions and explanations from the doctors. If I learned English I can communicate well with the doctors.

Another reason, As I am staying in the united states I have to go shopping , ride transportations, communicate with neighbors. I find a great difficulty in understanding people and communication with them. I failed to make friends there. learning English will help me communicate with people and make fiends all over the world as English is the international language now.

also, I am a pharmacist and I was looking for job.I went for interview for working in pharmaceutical company. the job required fluent English speaking and writing. I missed this opportunity because of this requirement. learning English will help me to find a good work opportunities.
for these reasons I am studying English.

misslarios

Post by misslarios » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:33 pm

James Trotta wrote:Two questions really. Your answer can be long or short. I just want to start learning more about you so I can help you better.

Why are you studying English?
I'm studying English because I am so passionate about it. I believe English itself its a gift that God has given me and I want it to improve it so I could be of a blessing among others and help them to communicate. I want to preach, minister, teach, pray , and praise the Lord in this lovely language. I want to be able to feel and express my Love for God and for others in English !
Learning another language allows me to expand my knowledge and it also allows me to learn from different cultures.

Why are you studying English at ESLgo.com?[/b]

I'studying English at ESLgo because its an opportunity to expand my knowledge and get help from the experts. I have a lot of expectations and I'looking forward to improve my English.

monka

Post by monka » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:22 am

HI
To answer your question why I'm studying English well is to make my life easier. I often have to communicate to my costumers by email and I’m so embarrassed by my written English. I’m looking forward to improve my grammar and so on.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Very nice to meet you. I've always wanted to visit Egypt.
monaelgazzar wrote:I am studying English for many reasons.
one of the reasons that, I am from Egypt. my first language is Arabic. I came to united states for treatment from my cancer disease. I face a problem in communication with the doctors to explain my complains and asking them questions about the plan of my treatment. The translator is not available in all appointments. so sometimes I miss some instructions and explanations from the doctors. If I learned English I can communicate well with the doctors.

Another reason, As I am staying in the united states I have to go shopping , ride transportations, communicate with neighbors. I find a great difficulty in understanding people and communication with them. I failed to make friends there. learning English will help me communicate with people and make fiends all over the world as English is the international language now.

also, I am a pharmacist and I was looking for job.I went for interview for working in pharmaceutical company. the job required fluent English speaking and writing. I missed this opportunity because of this requirement. learning English will help me to find a good work opportunities.
for these reasons I am studying English.
One of the reasons is that I'm from....
Treatment for my cancer. Sorry :(
The translator is not available for all appointments
If I learned English I could communicate well with the doctors***

***But usually we use this one (If I learned... then I could...) for things that probably will never happen. For example, If I won the lotto I would buy a Ferrarri. I will probably never win the lotto (I don't even buy tickets). Plus, you already know English pretty well - we can help you get better, but you're starting in a good place. So I would say....

When my English is better, I will be able to communicate better with my doctors.

Anyway, welcome!

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Hello :D
monka wrote:HI
To answer your question why I'm studying English well is to make my life easier. I often have to communicate to my costumers by email and I’m so embarrassed by my written English. I’m looking forward to improve my grammar and so on.
I'm studying English to make my life easier.
I'm looking forward to improving my grammar.

Maraschino29

Post by Maraschino29 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:41 am

I'm studying English because English is international language in the world. So many people use English language to communicate each other. And now I live in USA. It's very important because I have to speak English with everyone. And I want to study college here in the future. So, I have to be great in English. That's the reason why I'm studying English.

Professional

Post by Professional » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:19 am

Reasons for why I am studing English are as follow:

English is not my first language, I am in managment position, and communication is very important in my field.

Also, I am an individual that strive for excellent, and I feel that I have thurst for knowledge.

ashfaque

Post by ashfaque » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:36 pm

My English is little weak, therefore i am studying English. I want to improve my English communication skill for my upcoming job interview. I want to communicate with other person in English language.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:58 am

Very cool. Where do you want to go to college? Do you have a favorite?
Maraschino29 wrote:I'm studying English because English is international language in the world. So many people use English language to communicate each other. And now I live in USA. It's very important because I have to speak English with everyone. And I want to study college here in the future. So, I have to be great in English. That's the reason why I'm studying English.
I'm studying English because English is an international language.
So many people use English language to communicate with each other.
And now I live in the USA.
And I want to go to college here in the future.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:00 am

Glad to have you here :D
Professional wrote:Reasons for why I am studing English are as follow:

English is not my first language, I am in managment position, and communication is very important in my field.

Also, I am an individual that strive for excellent, and I feel that I have thurst for knowledge.
The reasons I am studying English are as follows:

I am in a management position

Also, I am an individual that strives for excellence, and I feel that I have a thirst for knowledge.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:05 am

Hi there :D
ashfaque wrote:My English is little weak, therefore I am studying English. I want to improve my English communication skill for my upcoming job interview. I want to communicate with other person in English language.
My English is a little weak, therefore I am studying English. I want to improve my English communication skill for my upcoming job interview. I want to communicate with other people in English.

Alos, did you mean to say interview or interviews? A lot fo times people will have multiple interviews because they apply for a bunch of jobs.

Ann'JJ

Post by Ann'JJ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi All, we have the same mission right now, to improve our English.

Hi Jim, thank you for your assistance helping us on this matter.

Im keep learning English as I think it was my weakness where I am able to write with broken grammar, but still unable to speak fluently even in broken English. Im not sure if is because Im lack of confident level.

I did some research previously, and I believe ESL is among a good one to improve English as we have a very passion man which will make a correction on our grammar. The best things ever is I can learn on my mistakes and learn from other mistakes too. It is smart way of learning.

Thank you Jim ! =)

Mon

Post by Mon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:15 pm

I am from China. I want to learn English well so that I can attend University in US