Tell us about your family and pets

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Tell us about your family and pets

Post by James Trotta » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:39 am

Here's where you complete your assignment for the family and pets class: http://eslgo.com/classes/grammar/family-pets.php

Please reply below and tell us about your family and / or pets.

Tariku

Re: Tell us about your family and pets

Post by Tariku » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:38 am

i got my wife1990 . we have tow doughters . my older doughter a hgi school student and my younger doughter a midle school student. we came from Ethiopa Aug 3 2014 and we are live in vergenia . when we came from Ethiopa we have many chlengse forexampl cultur shock, language bare and new weather coundetion. when we came united states the weather was very hot so we were not confertabl. by now I and my family are good in united states glory to God.

Nofi

Post by Nofi » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:46 am

We are sisters of 5 in our family. I am the youngest girl from all my sisters. my other sisters are older than me. The least older than me is Santi who is only a year difference than me.

My mother is 67 years of age and my dad died since year 2006. My first eldest sister is Meri, she is 10 years older than me.
My second eldest sister whose name is Elly is 9 years older than me, and she lives in Australia with her husband and daughter, Yori.
My third eldest sister is Futni and I am not sure how many years apart between us two.

I have 2 younger brothers, Robin and Rico. Robin is 1 year younger than me and Rico is 4 years younger than me.
So that makes myself the youngest girl in our family, and Rico is the youngest boy in our family.

jai15

Post by jai15 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:25 pm

Hey,
I am a one and only daughter of my parents.But I brought up in joined family,which has more than five teen persons.My grand ma is the oldest person in our family.She has seven children.My mom is the eldest person of her siblings.I have four cousin sisters (keerthi,Meena,Andal and sowmiya)and two brothers(srini and hari).We love each other. Keerthi earns more degrees than I and she is one of the most educated girl in our family.But she is not
so clever as I :D .Even Andal and sowmiya are at the same age ,Andal is taller than sowmiya. Meena is the most beautiful girl I 've ever seen.though
she has no vanity about her appearance. Srini is younger than keerthi and I but he is elder than Andal and sowmiya. Harish is the youngest kid in our group.But He is the naughtiest one..He makes lot of fun..My grand ma is a lovable woman.Now a days very few women are as patient as my grand ma.
My father is a retired teacher.No other teacher is as kind as my dad..He is such a soft hearted man..My mom is a home maker.Though My mom 25 years
elder than I,she looks as young as I.Because of our jobs and family situations now we all are in different places,But every Diwali(one of hindu's festival)
we all get together and enjoy ourselves.I love my family very much..

Thanks!

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:32 pm

Is your 26th anniversary coming up :?: My wife and I have our 15th coming soon.
Tariku wrote:i got my wife1990 . we have tow doughters . my older doughter a hgi school student and my younger doughter a midle school student. we came from Ethiopa Aug 3 2014 and we are live in vergenia . when we came from Ethiopa we have many chlengse forexampl cultur shock, language bare and new weather coundetion. when we came united states the weather was very hot so we were not confertabl. by now I and my family are good in united states glory to God.
I married my wife in 1990 . we have two daughters. my older doughter is a high school student and my younger doughter is a midle school student. we came from Ethiopia Aug 3 2014 and we are live in Virginia . when we came from Ethiopa we experienced many changes. for example culture shock, language barrier and new weather conditions. when we came to the united states the weather was very hot so we were not comfortablel. by now my family and I are good in the United States. glory to God

So Virginia is hotter than Ethiopia? I would not have guessed that! Also, please consider using a spell checker. As a native speaker, I can understand most spelling errors but your classmates who speak English as a second language may have some trouble understanding spelling errors.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:50 pm

Thanks for doing the second assignment :D
Nofi wrote:We are sisters of 5 in our family. I am the youngest girl from all my sisters. my other sisters are older than me. The least older than me is Santi who is only a year difference than me.

My mother is 67 years of age and my dad died since year 2006. My first eldest sister is Meri, she is 10 years older than me.
My second eldest sister whose name is Elly is 9 years older than me, and she lives in Australia with her husband and daughter, Yori.
My third eldest sister is Futni and I am not sure how many years apart between us two.

I have 2 younger brothers, Robin and Rico. Robin is 1 year younger than me and Rico is 4 years younger than me.
So that makes myself the youngest girl in our family, and Rico is the youngest boy in our family.
There are 5 sisters in our family. I am the youngest girl of all my sisters. my other sisters are older than me. The closest to me is Santi who is only a year different than me.

My mother is 67 years of age and my dad died in 2006. My eldest sister is Meri, she is 10 years older than me.

So that makes me the youngest girl in our family, and Rico is the youngest boy in our family

Big family :D Please visit http://eslgo.com/classes/beginner/bedroom.php when you have time to study there is / there are (note the correction in your first sentence.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:08 pm

Hey :D
jai15 wrote:Hey,
I am a one and only daughter of my parents.But I brought up in joined family,which has more than five teen persons.My grand ma is the oldest person in our family.She has seven children.My mom is the eldest person of her siblings.I have four cousin sisters (keerthi,Meena,Andal and sowmiya)and two brothers(srini and hari).We love each other. Keerthi earns more degrees than I and she is one of the most educated girl in our family.But she is not
so clever as I :D .Even Andal and sowmiya are at the same age ,Andal is taller than sowmiya. Meena is the most beautiful girl I 've ever seen.though
she has no vanity about her appearance. Srini is younger than keerthi and I but he is elder than Andal and sowmiya. Harish is the youngest kid in our group.But He is the naughtiest one..He makes lot of fun..My grand ma is a lovable woman.Now a days very few women are as patient as my grand ma.
My father is a retired teacher.No other teacher is as kind as my dad..He is such a soft hearted man..My mom is a home maker.Though My mom 25 years
elder than I,she looks as young as I.Because of our jobs and family situations now we all are in different places,But every Diwali(one of hindu's festival)
we all get together and enjoy ourselves.I love my family very much..

Thanks!
I am my parents' one and only daughter. But I was brought up with my extended family,which has more than five teenagers.

My grandma is the oldest person in our family. She has seven children. My mom is the eldest of her siblings.I have four cousins who are like sisters (keerthi,Meena,Andal and sowmiya) and two brothers(srini and hari).We love each other. Keerthi earns more degrees than I and she is one of the most educated girls in our family. But she is not as clever as I :D . Even though :?: Andal and sowmiya are the same age, Andal is taller than sowmiya. Meena is the most beautiful girl I 've ever seen, but she has no vanity about her appearance. Srini is younger than keerthi and I but he is older than Andal and sowmiya. Harish is the youngest kid in our group. But He is the naughtiest one. He makes a lot of fun.

My grandma is a lovable woman. Nowadays very few women are as patient as my grandma. My father is a retired teacher. No other teacher is as kind as my dad..He is such a soft hearted man..My mom is a home maker. Though My mom is 25 years older than I,she looks as young as me.Because of our jobs and family situations now we all are in different places,But every Diwali (a hindu festival) we all get together and enjoy ourselves.I love my family very much..

Sounds like Diwali would be a lot fo fun with the family :D Also, thanks for using so many comparisons. Good job :!:

Moregrace

Post by Moregrace » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:37 pm

My family and i lives in Nigerian. My father is the oldest person. I am the second child out of six children, my brother is 4years older than me. He has three kids and my younger sister has a son. I have two nephew and two niece, my younger sister's son is the youngest person in my family.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Hello :D
Moregrace wrote:My family and i lives in Nigerian. My father is the oldest person. I am the second child out of six children, my brother is 4years older than me. He has three kids and my younger sister has a son. I have two nephew and two niece, my younger sister's son is the youngest person in my family.
My family and i live in Nigeria. My father is the oldest person in our family. I am the second child out of six children, my brother is 4 years older than me. He has three kids and my younger sister has a son. I have two nephews and two nieces. My younger sister's son is the youngest person in my family.

Do you all live near each other :?:

dipta

Post by dipta » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:51 pm

I am married in 1989 february ,it is almost 27 years old.we migrate in Canada in 2012 October for better education for my children.we are 5 members
family.Me my husband and our 3 children.We have 2 daughters and 1 son.Son is youngest member in our family. Both daughter are an elder than son.
Elder daughter is working and younger daughter going to university .Son is going university on September.

monka

Post by monka » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:00 pm

My family is very important to me. I love to meet with them and have some quality time with them. I’m so proud that my family is strong and has good values. I strongly believe that successful societies are built on good families. I have three brothers and each one has a different personality. I’m also married for 9 happy years. We have no kids. My husband and I speak three different languages at home and I guess the most common language is English. I also have two dogs, which make my life exciting and full of surprises. The dogs are part of our family as well and I can’t imagine life without them.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:32 am

Sounds like your kids are getting a great education :D
dipta wrote:I am married in 1989 february ,it is almost 27 years old.we migrate in Canada in 2012 October for better education for my children.we are 5 members
family.Me my husband and our 3 children.We have 2 daughters and 1 son.Son is youngest member in our family. Both daughter are an elder than son.
Elder daughter is working and younger daughter going to university .Son is going university on September.
I got married in February, 1989, almost 27 years ago. We migrated to Canada inOctober, 2012 to get my children a better education.

There are 5 people in my family. Me my husband and our 3 children.We have 2 daughters and 1 son. My son is the youngest member of our family. Both of my daughters are older than my son. My Elder daughter is working and my younger daughter is going to university. My Son is going to university in September

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:35 am

Nice :D We call our dogs our furkids. They are a very important part of our family.
monka wrote:My family is very important to me. I love to meet with them and have some quality time with them. I’m so proud that my family is strong and has good values. I strongly believe that successful societies are built on good families. I have three brothers and each one has a different personality. I’m also married for 9 happy years. We have no kids. My husband and I speak three different languages at home and I guess the most common language is English. I also have two dogs, which make my life exciting and full of surprises. The dogs are part of our family as well and I can’t imagine life without them.
My family is very important to me. I love to spend quality time with them. I’m so proud that my family is strong and has good values. I strongly believe that successful societies are built on good families. I have three brothers and each one has a different personality. I’ve also been married for 9 happy years. We have no kids. My husband and I speak three different languages at home and I guess the most common language is English. I also have two dogs, which makes my life exciting and full of surprises. The dogs are part of our family as well and I can’t imagine life without them

Phuu Phuu

Post by Phuu Phuu » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:33 am

I am the youngest one in my family. My grandparents died since I was 13. Now I am twenty .I have one elder brother. He is twenty-four years old. He is a doctor. Now he is working at City Hospital in Mandalay.
My parents are U Myint Swe and Daw Kyi Kyi Htay. My father is 54 years old and my mother is 52 years old. Until I was 16, he worked for government as an engineer. He used to travel many places. So, he can't stay at home with us. Now he is retired from his work. Therefore, we can live together happily.
My mother is not a government servant . She is a merchant and opens a tea shop at home. Sometimes I have to help my mother. That 's all about my family.

Tibaijuka

Post by Tibaijuka » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 am

In my culture, my family of seven (husband, wife and five children) is one of the smallest family. I love my children equally both boys and girls. The first-born, a girl, aged 22 is at university pursuing a bachelor degree in journalism. Incidentally, the second-born, a boy, who is one and a half years younger than his sister, is also studying at the same university and pursuing the same course. Then, the third-born, a girl, will join university later this year. Unlike her elder sister and brother, she will study a science course-medicine.

Because of the seven-year age gap between the third and fourth child, (both girls), the younger one is still in primary expected to complete that level at the end of this year. Our youngest male child now aged 8, stays in a boarding school just like all his older siblings.

For me, I don,t like pets very much, but my wife and children do. About three years ago, they adopted a stray dog (Stranger) against my will. But Stranger has become a useful companion of late. She looks healthy now, and she has gained weight.

Perhaps in future, I will consider rearing another dog because of the benefits we are now enjoying from Stranger.