Tell us about your family and pets

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Re: Tell us about your family and pets

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:58 am

Hello :D
Phuu Phuu wrote:I am the youngest one in my family. My grandparents died since I was 13. Now I am twenty .I have one elder brother. He is twenty-four years old. He is a doctor. Now he is working at City Hospital in Mandalay.
My parents are U Myint Swe and Daw Kyi Kyi Htay. My father is 54 years old and my mother is 52 years old. Until I was 16, he worked for government as an engineer. He used to travel many places. So, he can't stay at home with us. Now he is retired from his work. Therefore, we can live together happily.
My mother is not a government servant . She is a merchant and opens a tea shop at home. Sometimes I have to help my mother. That 's all about my family.
I am the youngest one in my family. My grandparents died when I was 13. Now I am twenty. I have one older brother. He is twenty-four years old. He is a doctor. Now he is working at City Hospital in Mandalay.

My parents are U Myint Swe and Daw Kyi Kyi Htay. My father is 54 years old and my mother is 52 years old. Until I was 16, he worked for the government as an engineer. He used to travel many places. So, he couldn't stay at home with us. Now he is retired from his work. Therefor e, we can live together happily.

My mother is not a civil servant . She is a merchant and runs a tea shop from home. Sometimes I have to help my mother. That 's all about my family.

Cool, so you have one section fo your home for the tea shop and the rest of the home for your family's living space?

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Rescue dogs are the best :D
Tibaijuka wrote:In my culture, my family of seven (husband, wife and five children) is one of the smallest family. I love my children equally both boys and girls. The first-born, a girl, aged 22 is at university pursuing a bachelor degree in journalism. Incidentally, the second-born, a boy, who is one and a half years younger than his sister, is also studying at the same university and pursuing the same course. Then, the third-born, a girl, will join university later this year. Unlike her elder sister and brother, she will study a science course-medicine.

Because of the seven-year age gap between the third and fourth child, (both girls), the younger one is still in primary expected to complete that level at the end of this year. Our youngest male child now aged 8, stays in a boarding school just like all his older siblings.

For me, I don,t like pets very much, but my wife and children do. About three years ago, they adopted a stray dog (Stranger) against my will. But Stranger has become a useful companion of late. She looks healthy now, and she has gained weight.

Perhaps in future, I will consider rearing another dog because of the benefits we are now enjoying from Stranger.
In my culture, my family of seven (husband, wife and five children) is one of the smallest families. I love my children equally both boys and girls. The first-born, a girl, aged 22 is at university pursuing a bachelor's degree in journalism. Incidentally, my second-born, a boy, who is one and a half years younger than his sister, is also studying at the same university and pursuing the same major. Then, the third-born, a girl, will enter university later this year. Unlike her elder sister and brother, she will study a science course-medicine.

Because of the seven-year age gap between the third and fourth child, (both girls), the younger one is still in primary school and expected to complete that level at the end of this year. Our youngest male child, now age 8, stays in a boarding school just like all his older siblings did.

For me, I don,t like pets very much, but my wife and children do. About three years ago, they adopted a stray dog (Stranger) against my will. But Stranger has become a useful companion of late. She looks healthy now, and she has gained weight.

Perhaps in future, I will consider rearing another dog because of the benefits we are now enjoying from Stranger.

Kabiro1

Post by Kabiro1 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:30 pm

Me and my husband got married in 2007. We never own a pet. But We have been blessed with 3 beautiful kids. One year after our marriage, in 2008 we welcome our first child a baby boy. He has brought lots of fun and joy in our lives. He has never had a nanny but I and my husband was always there for him since he arrives. What he was 2years 2 months., in 2010 we welcome our beautiful daughter, she too brings lots of joy in the family. Her brother love her so much. And they all have fun together. The month my second child turned Exactly 3 year. We welcome my third child in 2013. We was my sweetheart . His addition to the family was indeed a great blessing. He Is fun to be around with. My and my husband since the beginning of our parenthood we have been hands-on parents always there for them. At our leisure time we usually take them to the park n play there. Now my first and second child has all grown up and started going to school. I am so happy to be there mom and I love them all.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:57 pm

Kabiro1 wrote:Me and my husband got married in 2007. We never own a pet. But We have been blessed with 3 beautiful kids. One year after our marriage, in 2008 we welcome our first child a baby boy. He has brought lots of fun and joy in our lives. He has never had a nanny but I and my husband was always there for him since he arrives. What he was 2years 2 months., in 2010 we welcome our beautiful daughter, she too brings lots of joy in the family. Her brother love her so much. And they all have fun together. The month my second child turned Exactly 3 year. We welcome my third child in 2013. We was my sweetheart . His addition to the family was indeed a great blessing. He Is fun to be around with. My and my husband since the beginning of our parenthood we have been hands-on parents always there for them. At our leisure time we usually take them to the park n play there. Now my first and second child has all grown up and started going to school. I am so happy to be there mom and I love them all.
We have been blessed with 3 beautiful kids. One year after our marriage, in 2008 we welcomed our first child a baby boy. He has brought lots of fun and joy into our lives. He has never had a nanny but my husband and I have always been there for him since the day he was born. When he was 2years 2 months., in 2010, we welcomed our beautiful daughter. She too brings lots of joy to the family. Her brother loves her so much. And they all have fun together. The month my second child turned 3 years old, we welcomed my third child in 2013. He is my sweetheart . His addition to the family was indeed a great blessing. He Is fun to be around. My and my husband since the beginning of our parenthood have been hands-on parents and always there for them. During our leisure time we usually take them to the park and play there. Now my first and second child have all grown up and started going to school. I am so happy to be their mom and I love them all.

Anise

Post by Anise » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:03 pm

I got married since 2010. We hadn't have any children. We are looking forward to have one or two kids in the future. It must be fun looking at them play in the garden. Luckily, We had found a dog two years ago. The lady that had her loved her very much but the owner of her studio didn't let her keep dogs. The dog is two years old. I felt in love with her at the fist sight. She is a German Shepherd and Husky mix, therefore she is extremely beautiful, smart and energetic. She has a tons of energy that is helping us to do exercise with her everyday.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:51 am

Anise wrote:I got married since 2010. We hadn't have any children. We are looking forward to have one or two kids in the future. It must be fun looking at them play in the garden. Luckily, We had found a dog two years ago. The lady that had her loved her very much but the owner of her studio didn't let her keep dogs. The dog is two years old. I felt in love with her at the fist sight. She is a German Shepherd and Husky mix, therefore she is extremely beautiful, smart and energetic. She has a tons of energy that is helping us to do exercise with her everyday.

I have been married since 2010. We haven't had any children. We are looking forward to having one or two kids in the future. It must be fun looking at them play in the garden. Luckily, we found a dog two years ago. The lady that had her loved her very much but the owner of her studio didn't let her keep dogs. The dog is two years old. I fell in love with her at first sight. She is a German Shepherd and Husky mix, therefore she is extremely beautiful, smart and energetic. She has tons of energy, which helps us exercise with her everyday.

Kanwal

Post by Kanwal » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:39 am

I have been married since 2002. My husband is older than me. Our first son was born in 2004. Now he is 11yrs older. I have two daughters. we are living with my husband's mother.She is oldest member of our family. My son is more responsible than my daughters. My youngest daughter is 6yrs old. My middle one is very sensitive and touchy in nature.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Good work :D
Kanwal wrote:I have been married since 2002. My husband is older than me. Our first son was born in 2004. Now he is 11yrs older. I have two daughters. we are living with my husband's mother.She is oldest member of our family. My son is more responsible than my daughters. My youngest daughter is 6yrs old. My middle one is very sensitive and touchy in nature.
I have been married since 2002. My husband is older than me. Our first son was born in 2004. Now he is 11 yrs old. I have two daughters. we are living with my husband's mother. She is the oldest member of our family. My son is more responsible than my daughters. My youngest daughter is 6yrs old. My middle one is very sensitive and touchy in nature.

Valusha

Post by Valusha » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:51 am

I got married in 2006. I have a daughter, Vladislava from previous marriage.She is twenty years old. Vladislava is a student of Maryland collage of art. She will be a moviemaker. My husband is a retired military. We love pets but don't have them. We travel a lot so don't want them feel lonely without us. I hope some day we will have a dog.

MEW

Post by MEW » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:49 am

I am married and we have two boys. Our friend gave us a cat as house warming party. He got her from SPCA and she was six months old. We named her Mew and she was 18 pounds. She was with us fro fourteen years and she passed away two years back.
Our son found a stray cat and he brought her home. We named her Sofiya. But we decided to get her a company. So we adopted Simba from SPCA.
Our boys wanted a dog and we adopted a bugle dog from a local shelter. His name Snoopy and he ways 44 ponds. E is five years old.

misslarios

Post by misslarios » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:25 am

Hi !
In my family we are five plus a dog. I have an older brother who is married his wife's name is Karen. I live with my parents both are retired and they are enjoying life as God allows them to travel. I am not a pet lover but I guess the rest of the family is. I guess that the dog is the closest version to a grandchild to my parents. My brother and his wife have been married for three years not planning to have any kids at least for now. I love children but I'm not married. My parents are Awesome people. My father is older than my mom. I guess he is twelve years older. My brother is nine years older than his wife. Mom is the sweetest and most loyal woman I've ever known in my life. She is funny and there is no doubt God has given my mom the happiness she brings into our house. I love spending time with my parents and I also love the idea of not moving out of my house 'till I marry since that is our tradition in a latin family. My brother leaves about a block from my parent's house and when my parents are traveling my brother and his wife look after the dog. His name is Capitan we call him "Capi" and I have to admit I've learn to love the dog because I know my dad loves him a lot but I'm not ready to look after a dog !

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks for doing the assignment :D
Valusha wrote:I got married in 2006. I have a daughter, Vladislava from previous marriage.She is twenty years old. Vladislava is a student of Maryland collage of art. She will be a moviemaker. My husband is a retired military. We love pets but don't have them. We travel a lot so don't want them feel lonely without us. I hope some day we will have a dog.
I got married in 2006. I have a daughter, Vladislava, from a previous marriage. She is twenty years old. Vladislava is a student at Maryland collage of art. She will be a moviemaker. My husband is a retired military man. We love pets but don't have them. We travel a lot so don't want them feel lonely without us. I hope some day we will have a dog.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:43 pm

I had never heard of a bugle dog before. They look cute :D
MEW wrote:I am married and we have two boys. Our friend gave us a cat as house warming party. He got her from SPCA and she was six months old. We named her Mew and she was 18 pounds. She was with us fro fourteen years and she passed away two years back.
Our son found a stray cat and he brought her home. We named her Sofiya. But we decided to get her a company. So we adopted Simba from SPCA.
Our boys wanted a dog and we adopted a bugle dog from a local shelter. His name Snoopy and he ways 44 ponds. E is five years old.
I am married and we have two boys. Our friend gave us a cat as house warming present. He got her from the SPCA and she was six months old. We named her Mew and she was 18 pounds. She was with us for fourteen years and she passed away two years back.

Our son found a stray cat and he brought her home. We named her Sofiya. But we decided to get her a companion. So we adopted Simba from theSPCA. Our boys wanted a dog and we adopted a bugle dog from a local shelter. His name is Snoopy and he weighs 44 pounds. He is five years old.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:50 pm

You sound happy :D
misslarios wrote:Hi !
In my family we are five plus a dog. I have an older brother who is married his wife's name is Karen. I live with my parents both are retired and they are enjoying life as God allows them to travel. I am not a pet lover but I guess the rest of the family is. I guess that the dog is the closest version to a grandchild to my parents. My brother and his wife have been married for three years not planning to have any kids at least for now. I love children but I'm not married. My parents are Awesome people. My father is older than my mom. I guess he is twelve years older. My brother is nine years older than his wife. Mom is the sweetest and most loyal woman I've ever known in my life. She is funny and there is no doubt God has given my mom the happiness she brings into our house. I love spending time with my parents and I also love the idea of not moving out of my house 'till I marry since that is our tradition in a latin family. My brother leaves about a block from my parent's house and when my parents are traveling my brother and his wife look after the dog. His name is Capitan we call him "Capi" and I have to admit I've learn to love the dog because I know my dad loves him a lot but I'm not ready to look after a dog !
In my family we have five people plus a dog. I have an older brother who is married. His wife's name is Karen. I live with my parents. Both are retired and they are enjoying life as God allows them to travel. I am not a pet lover but I guess the rest of the family is. I guess that the dog is the closest thing to a grandchild to my parents. My brother and his wife have been married for three years but are not planning to have any kids at least for now. I love children but I'm not married. My parents are Awesome people. My father is older than my mom. I guess he is twelve years older. My brother is nine years older than his wife. Mom is the sweetest and most loyal woman I've ever known in my life. She is funny and there is no doubt God has given my mom the happiness she brings into our house. I love spending time with my parents and I also love the idea of not moving out of my house 'till I marry since that is our tradition in a latin family. My brother lives about a block from my parent's house and when my parents are traveling my brother and his wife look after the dog. His name is Capitan. We call him "Capi" and I have to admit I've learned to love the dog because I know my dad loves him a lot. But I'm not ready to look after a dog.

So your grammar is very good. In a few places, I put a period and started a new sentence. If you can improve on that, it will help your writing.

rajani

Post by rajani » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:09 pm

James Trotta wrote:Here's where you complete your assignment for the family and pets class: http://eslgo.com/classes/grammar/family-pets.php

Please reply below and tell us about your family and / or pets.
I got married in 2014. Currently I am living with my parents and not with my husband and in-laws. I have one baby boy who is one and half year old only. I have a big joint family. We live in Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan. My father is the oldest member of our family. He is 5 years older than my mother. I have three brothers and all of them are married. So I am the youngest in siblings.

My eldest brother have two sons. One is fifteen years old and the younger one is eight years old. They live in Nagaur, Rajasthan.

My second eldest brother and my sister-in-law never had kids. But even then they have very busy and good life. They are running a tuition centre. They give coaching to students from class 6th to 10th. They also live in Sri Ganganagar but they have there own house.

My elder brother(third number) and my sister-in-law live with us. They have also two sons. Elder one is twelve years old and the younger is four years old. I have total four nephews and my son is the youngest member of our family. We total eight members live together.