What do you do in your free time?

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
James Trotta
Site Admin

What do you do in your free time?

Post by James Trotta » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Here's where you tell us about your hobbies, your study habits, or anything else you do in your free time. Here's the class that gets you ready: http://eslgo.com/classes/grammar/hobbies-habits.php

Ann'JJ

Re: What do you do in your free time?

Post by Ann'JJ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi,

During my free time, I like listening and singing the songs. It makes me feels relax. Other that that, as it was my interest, I love to learn tools in Microsoft Excel plus SQL, programming language. Eventhough quite tough, I will never give up as like know, Im still learning English.

By the way, do you know SQL? Can learn from you too. =D

jai15

Post by jai15 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Hey,
A person,who makes wake me up early in the morning,clean our home repeatedly with a lot of patience,reduce my weight with out any diets just by
running around the home, ready to face sudden strikes and I love him a lot is my son.I devote my most of my time taking care of him only.and I allot some time for learning english language also.I would like to dedicate more time to learn english. But It is difficult to me to manage with my small kid.Then In my free time I am used to watch some
mystery serials and books.Really I have been fascinated by mystery and detective stories.I wish,I were a Agatha Chirstie's poirot who is very famous detective in my serials.Shopping is one of my favorite hobbies.But my husband said that I had spend a lot of time to inspect the products in shop.Any how Now a days I often go to shopping for my baby. I like to cook new dishes.When my baby is sleeping or playing outside I try some special dishes.Sometimes It gets rewarded from my husband.But many times It makes to order food from hotel :D .I am usually writing stories and poems from my
childhood.But now I don't have time to write.I was learning music when I was a child.Now I am forgetting most of the songs.So My aunt and I are practicing some old songs for our upcoming festivals and daily prayers.when I was studying in college,I spent monthly one day in orphanage and enjoyed with children like teaching subjects,telling stories,helping them to clean their rooms and so.Currently My interest turns into gardening.I wonder most of my American neighbors grow plants and trees in their backyard and They maintain their garden very well.I will make a beautiful garden when we buy a new home or rent a individual house.

Thanks!!!

Moregrace

Post by Moregrace » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:06 pm

My hobbies is singing and reading. Most of my free time i used it to sing. I love reading, but i am trying my best to read different kinds of books and studing online just what i am doing now to improve my communication skills, i really want to be addicted in reading.

misslarios

Post by misslarios » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Hi !
On my free time. I like to watch Netflix. I love wathching movies in English that way I can also practice and develop my listening skill. If I have money I love to go out shopping. I enjoy doing it by myself. I feel like that's a precious time by myself. I also like to read but I don't have the habit. I don't have a lot of free time so when I do. I tried to do different things depending on my mood. I love to sleep too !! Lol !

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:22 pm

I have to pay someone to do all my SQL stuff :oops:
Ann'JJ wrote:Hi,

During my free time, I like listening and singing the songs. It makes me feels relax. Other that that, as it was my interest, I love to learn tools in Microsoft Excel plus SQL, programming language. Eventhough quite tough, I will never give up as like know, Im still learning English.

By the way, do you know SQL? Can learn from you too. =D
During my free time, I like listening to and singing songs. It makes me feel relaxed. Other that that, I love to learn tools in Microsoft Excel plus SQL programming language. Even though it is quite tough, I will never give up learning English.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:07 pm

Sounds like you have your hands full :D
jai15 wrote:Hey,
A person,who makes wake me up early in the morning,clean our home repeatedly with a lot of patience,reduce my weight with out any diets just by
running around the home, ready to face sudden strikes and I love him a lot is my son.I devote my most of my time taking care of him only.and I allot some time for learning english language also.I would like to dedicate more time to learn english. But It is difficult to me to manage with my small kid.Then In my free time I am used to watch some
mystery serials and books.Really I have been fascinated by mystery and detective stories.I wish,I were a Agatha Chirstie's poirot who is very famous detective in my serials.Shopping is one of my favorite hobbies.But my husband said that I had spend a lot of time to inspect the products in shop.Any how Now a days I often go to shopping for my baby. I like to cook new dishes.When my baby is sleeping or playing outside I try some special dishes.Sometimes It gets rewarded from my husband.But many times It makes to order food from hotel :D .I am usually writing stories and poems from my
childhood.But now I don't have time to write.I was learning music when I was a child.Now I am forgetting most of the songs.So My aunt and I are practicing some old songs for our upcoming festivals and daily prayers.when I was studying in college,I spent monthly one day in orphanage and enjoyed with children like teaching subjects,telling stories,helping them to clean their rooms and so.Currently My interest turns into gardening.I wonder most of my American neighbors grow plants and trees in their backyard and They maintain their garden very well.I will make a beautiful garden when we buy a new home or rent a individual house.

Thanks!!!
A person who makes wake me up early in the morning, clean our home repeatedly with a lot of patience, reduce my weight without diets (just by
running around the home), and stay ready to face :?: sudden strikes is my son and I love him a lot. I devote most of my time taking care of him. And I allot some time for learning English also. I would like to dedicate more time to learning English. But It is difficult for me to manage with my small kid.

Then I use my free time to watch some mystery series and read some books. Really I am fascinated by mystery and detective stories. I wish I were a Agatha Chirstie's poirot who is a very famous detective in my serials.

Shopping is one of my favorite hobbies. But my husband said that I had spend a lot of time to inspect the products in shop. Anyhow, nowadays I often go shopping for my baby. I like to cook new dishes.When my baby is sleeping or playing outside I try some special dishes.Sometimes I get rewarded from my husband.But many times It makes him order food from a hotel :D .

I am usually writing stories and poems from my childhood.But now I don't have time to write.I studied music when I was a child.Now I am forgetting most of the songs.So My aunt and I are practicing some old songs for our upcoming festivals and daily prayers.when I was studying in college,I spent one day a month in an orphanage and enjoyed spending time with children like teaching subjects,telling stories,helping them to clean their rooms and so on.Currently My interest has turned to gardening. I wonder how most of my American neighbors grow plants and trees in their backyard and They maintain their garden very well.I will make a beautiful garden when we buy a new home or rent an individual house.

Please put a space after your periods at the end of a sentence. This will make your writing easier to read. Thanks for putting a lot of work into this assignment.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Good to see you again :D
Moregrace wrote:My hobbies is singing and reading. Most of my free time i used it to sing. I love reading, but i am trying my best to read different kinds of books and studing online just what i am doing now to improve my communication skills, i really want to be addicted in reading.
My hobbies are singing and reading. Most of my free time I use to sing. I love reading, and i am trying my best to read different kinds of books. And I'm studying online just like what I am doing now to improve my communication skills. I really want to be addicted to reading.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:13 pm

Sleep is awesome :D
misslarios wrote:Hi !
On my free time. I like to watch Netflix. I love wathching movies in English that way I can also practice and develop my listening skill. If I have money I love to go out shopping. I enjoy doing it by myself. I feel like that's a precious time by myself. I also like to read but I don't have the habit. I don't have a lot of free time so when I do. I tried to do different things depending on my mood. I love to sleep too !! Lol !
In my free time, I like to watch Netflix. I love wathching movies in English. That way I can also practice and develop my listening skill. If I have money I love to go out shopping. I enjoy doing it by myself. I feel like that's precious time by myself. I also like to read but I don't have the habit. I don't have a lot of free time so when I do, I try to do different things depending on my mood. I love to sleep too.

In a few places you used a period instead of a comma. I made the corrections here but they may be hard to see since the punctuation is so small. Please have a look.

Nousheen

Post by Nousheen » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:28 am

Iam Pre school teacher so usually I'm very busy in working days .On weekends I'm busy cleaning house and grocery but whenever i have a time i watching TV and calling our mother and friends .Its makes me relax .I love my kids my daughter is 23 years old and my son is 18 year old but i always feel that they are very young and i always talk with them like they are very small and they never know about any thing so they irritate i know but its my habbit i try to change i realize every thing that is why whenever I'm free I try talk to them when they share their ideas i appreciate them and gave them some our advice .These conversation between me and my kids makes a good strong relation and healthy envarment in my house .

tommygirl05

Post by tommygirl05 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:22 am

hello everyone., im new here,Im just watching television when i have free time.but mostly im taking good care of my childrens.

Tibaijuka

Post by Tibaijuka » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:19 am

For me, I have two pastimes: reading for pleasure and watching sports on television. Whenever I get free time, I pick a grammar book, and continue to work on improving my English. Occasionally, I read a novel, not so much for its story but for my interest to understand how the sentences were constructed. In my quest to improve writing skills, I often search the net looking for sites that offer free English lessons. Sharpening both speaking and writing skills ranks high on my priority list these days. I see myself authoring a book in future, although I am yet to decide on its subject.

Watching sports on television happens to be the second hobby that consumes my time, especially during the premier league season, more so, when Man U , my favorite team, is playing. The other European leagues (Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga,etc) capture my attention as well but not to extent of the Premier League. Although the Premier League lags behind some European football tournaments in display quality, it is, undoubtedly, the most competitive tournament. The premiership boasts of an important, distinguishing feature: it is unpredictable and full of surprises throughout. What better entertainment does a football fun need?

Tennis Grand Slam competitions also excite me. By the way, what I enjoy is to watch people playing, especially Serena and Jokovik. I have no idea how they score points even after reading about the game on the net. Shameful!

Talk of other international competitions like the Olympics and I will be there, my eyes glued on the screen. And it will be so these coming days because of the Rio games.

So, let's meet in Rio. Good bye,

Joseph

Aziz

Post by Aziz » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:46 pm

First of all its better to ask that do you have free time? )))
Because, I do not have free time and I am always busy with my job. I work 6 days in a week and I have day off just Sunday. On this day I will visit my parents because they live far from me. If I had free time I would visit to our mountains, because our
country is 93 % of mountains and there are too many places to look at them. Moreover, if I had free time I would learn Chinese language, because to know more about their culture, traditions, economy and production.
To be honest, there are too many things to do in my free time but unfortunately, I do not have enough time for them.

Valusha

Post by Valusha » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Recently I've discovered new hobby which became my passion. My new hobby is to give new life to old furniture. I started with small items like chairs, side tables, consoles or coffee tables. I buy these items at a local flea market, on Craigslist or in the antique shops. Usually I pick something unique and unusual, then I paint in shabby chic style and do reupholstery. It's a very exciting hobby. When I'm working, I really enjoy what I'm doing, using imagination and creativity, playing with different colors of paint to give each piece of old furniture a special look and second life. When I'm selling my next " piece of art"", I always glad to see happy faces buyers and I love to hear there plans about where they put their new treasure.

MEW

Post by MEW » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:46 am

I have a full time job and most of my weekday goes at work. When I get home, I am cooking or cleaning. I have two kids and one dog and two cats. My dog is five years old and he is very active. He always follows me around the house and hoping he will get something to eat. My weekends are very busy doing housework or yard work. I am very cautious about my health. So I usually spend one hour at YMCA. I attend different group class, such as yoga, body sculpt and running. This helps me to keep centered.