What do you do in your free time?

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Re: What do you do in your free time?

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi Tariku :D
Tariku wrote:I spend most of my time doing my work. I am chrch minister . i always reading diferent kind of books and I prepered spirichul teaching material.I have studing English gramer every day.when I have free time I waching moves and I walking on the rod.
I spend most of my time doing my work. I am a church minister. I am always reading different kinds of books and I prepare spiritual teaching material. I study English grammar every day. When I have free time I watch movies and walk on the road.

Do you mean that you walk on the sidewalk :?:

rajani

Post by rajani » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks a lot sir for your kind and bold suggestions. I also do believe in equality so I am agree with you that I should say people, not woman. As you know there is a big difference in the social culture of our countries US and India. In India, generally women take and handle all the responsibilities of house hold work which includes taking care of babies also. Only this the reason I had written 'woman' instead of parents or people.

One think I want to ask that why term 'web surfing' is not correct. You have suggested 'surf the webng' (I also like to surf the webng). I never heard about this term. Please explain little bit about it.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajani

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:44 pm

Yes, in some cultures it is still normal to say woman for certain jobs. Some Americans do it too, but many Americans hate it. Of course, you can say what you want and express your culture and your ideas. My job is just to tell you where the cultures may clash.

I think I meant surf the web. I have no idea what a webng is - sounds like I made a mistake!
rajani wrote:Thanks a lot sir for your kind and bold suggestions. I also do believe in equality so I am agree with you that I should say people, not woman. As you know there is a big difference in the social culture of our countries US and India. In India, generally women take and handle all the responsibilities of house hold work which includes taking care of babies also. Only this the reason I had written 'woman' instead of parents or people.

One think I want to ask that why term 'web surfing' is not correct. You have suggested 'surf the webng' (I also like to surf the webng). I never heard about this term. Please explain little bit about it.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajani

rajani

Post by rajani » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Thanks Sir, sounds like I have found a right place to improve my English.

reem

Post by reem » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:54 am

Hello!
If I have free time I would love to read or take thirty minutes quick nap, but of course that doesn't happen when you have kids. My kids are homeschooled, so I don't get to have any free time for myself. I get to work 24/7 non stop. My only free time is at night and that when I am studying little before I go to sleep. I wish while I am learning English,I get to build my vocabulary for sure and write better than I am now.

roemilf

Post by roemilf » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Here I write about my "what I do in my free time" and "whats are my study habits" too.

In my free time I do various things: I usually go to the Internet and watch videos, listen to music or test technology. The videos I watch usually are about the faith, or how to do many things by myself, I like to see videos where I might learn how to do more for less, for example, free and saving energy. Also, I listen to music, specially in English and any podcast that I'm interested in. Additionally, I can spend hours and hours of my time testing technology stuffs, software and similar things.

For studying, I have to special hours: afternoon and nights. In all cases I usually use technology resources to do that. For example: to learn English I watch videos and listen podcasts, read news and any other information in English, just trying to get immersed into the language.

That's all, that's what I do.

76sun0909

Post by 76sun0909 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:03 pm

somebody ask me that what do you do in your free time?
I am always busy working ,studying BSN of science of nursing and taking care of kids. There is no free time now. I burn out everyday. Before I love exercising like swimming and running.It makes me refresh and elastic skin after sweating. Another my hobby is reading books,most books in the USA are written in English, I could't really enjoy reading books because it takes longer to finish a book than written in korean , I have to find dictionary to know the meaning of words and even I know the meaning of words,but i don't know the structures of sentence, so i couldn't figure out the real meaning. sometimes i lost my interesting of reading books . I wish that i could enjoy reading someday.

Shopgirl88

Post by Shopgirl88 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:28 pm

I spend most of my free time browsing the diy yutube about cooking, sewing and crocheting. I love it when i learn new things it gives me fullfilment in life. I love to cook and if i have time i search and try to do it and serve to my family. My family loves my cooking and they thought that im the best cook in the world. The diy yutube about sewing helps me to learn to repair rip clothes and hem pants that saves me a lot of money no need to go to alteration shop. Internet for me is very helpful to people like me who likes to search and learn but you have to be very carefull also as there are some people that will try to harm others thru internet also. Thats about it, thats how i spend my free time.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi, thanks for posting :D
reem wrote:Hello!
If I have free time I would love to read or take thirty minutes quick nap, but of course that doesn't happen when you have kids. My kids are homeschooled, so I don't get to have any free time for myself. I get to work 24/7 non stop. My only free time is at night and that when I am studying little before I go to sleep. I wish while I am learning English,I get to build my vocabulary for sure and write better than I am now.

If I had free time I would love to read or take a quick thirty minute nap, but of course that doesn't happen when you have kids. My kids are homeschooled, so I don't get to have any free time for myself. I get to work 24/7 non stop. My only free time is at night and that is when I study a little before I go to sleep. I hope that while I am learning English, I get to build my vocabulary and write better than I do now

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:49 pm

Hello :D
roemilf wrote:Here I write about my "what I do in my free time" and "whats are my study habits" too.

In my free time I do various things: I usually go to the Internet and watch videos, listen to music or test technology. The videos I watch usually are about the faith, or how to do many things by myself, I like to see videos where I might learn how to do more for less, for example, free and saving energy. Also, I listen to music, specially in English and any podcast that I'm interested in. Additionally, I can spend hours and hours of my time testing technology stuffs, software and similar things.

For studying, I have to special hours: afternoon and nights. In all cases I usually use technology resources to do that. For example: to learn English I watch videos and listen podcasts, read news and any other information in English, just trying to get immersed into the language.

That's all, that's what I do.
In my free time I do various things: I usually get on the Internet and watch videos, listen to music or test technology. The videos I watch usually are about faith, or how to do many things by myself :?: DIY like home improvement stuff :?: , I like to see videos where I might learn how to do more for less, for example, free and saving energy. Also, I listen to music, specially in English and any podcast that I'm interested in. Additionally, I can spend hours and hours of my time testing technology stuff, software and similar things.

For studying, I have to special times: afternoon and nights. In all cases I usually use technology resources to do that. For example: to learn English I watch videos and listen to podcasts, read news and any other information in English, just trying to get immersed into the language.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Studying is good :D Sorry you don't like reading anymore :(
76sun0909 wrote:somebody ask me that what do you do in your free time?
I am always busy working ,studying BSN of science of nursing and taking care of kids. There is no free time now. I burn out everyday. Before I love exercising like swimming and running.It makes me refresh and elastic skin after sweating. Another my hobby is reading books,most books in the USA are written in English, I could't really enjoy reading books because it takes longer to finish a book than written in korean , I have to find dictionary to know the meaning of words and even I know the meaning of words,but i don't know the structures of sentence, so i couldn't figure out the real meaning. sometimes i lost my interesting of reading books . I wish that i could enjoy reading someday.
I am always busy working, studying for my BSN of science of nursing and taking care of kids. There is no free time now. I burn out everyday. Before I loved exercising like swimming and running. It makes me refreshed and elastic skin :?: after sweating. Another one of my hobbies is reading books,most books in the USA are written in English, I could't really enjoy reading books because it takes longer to finish an English book than one written in korean. I have to use a dictionary to know the meaning of words and even when I know the meaning of the words, I might not be able to figure out the sentence they're in. I lost my interest in reading books . I wish that i could enjoy reading again.

Alida Cruz

Post by Alida Cruz » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:19 pm

In my free time I spend time whit my kids,go to the stores,specially my son he likes to go to the mall
even if I do not buy nothing he likes to check the newest shoes styles, walk in the stores.
my daughter she likes to go with us but she is different looking girls accessories ,we stop in food court.
After we enjoy time together I take time for myself,i read some Christian book
s at night,i study English at one hour every night,go to church once in weekday.
and not forgetting about our dog he always remind me he is there ,I have to taking him out
starting early in the morning and all day long as need it.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi :D
Shopgirl88 wrote:I spend most of my free time browsing the diy yutube about cooking, sewing and crocheting. I love it when i learn new things it gives me fullfilment in life. I love to cook and if i have time i search and try to do it and serve to my family. My family loves my cooking and they thought that im the best cook in the world. The diy yutube about sewing helps me to learn to repair rip clothes and hem pants that saves me a lot of money no need to go to alteration shop. Internet for me is very helpful to people like me who likes to search and learn but you have to be very carefull also as there are some people that will try to harm others thru internet also. Thats about it, thats how i spend my free time.

I spend most of my free time browsing diy yutube channels about cooking, sewing and crocheting. I love it when i learn new things. It gives me fullfilment in life. I love to cook and if i have time i search and try to do it and serve it to my family. My family loves my cooking and they think that I'm the best cook in the world. The diy channels on yutube about sewing help me to learn to repair ripped clothes and hem pants that saves me a lot of money since there is no need to go to an alteration shop. The internet is very helpful to people like me who like to search and learn but you have to be very carefull also as there are some people that will try to harm others through the internet.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:49 pm

Alida Cruz wrote:In my free time I spend time whit my kids,go to the stores,specially my son he likes to go to the mall
even if I do not buy nothing he likes to check the newest shoes styles, walk in the stores.
my daughter she likes to go with us but she is different looking girls accessories ,we stop in food court.
After we enjoy time together I take time for myself,i read some Christian book
s at night,i study English at one hour every night,go to church once in weekday.
and not forgetting about our dog he always remind me he is there ,I have to taking him out
starting early in the morning and all day long as need it.
In my free time I spend time with my kids. We go to the stores, especially my son likes to go to the mall even if I do not buy anything he likes to check the newest shoe styles and walk in the stores.

My daughter likes to go with us but she is different looking at girls accessories. We stop in the food court. After we enjoy time together I take time for myself, i read some Christian books at night, i study English for one hour every night, and I go to church once a week :?:

Also, I can't forget about our dog he always reminds me he is there ,I have to take him out starting early in the morning and all day long.

Jigna

Post by Jigna » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:51 pm

In my free time, I like to talk with my friends over the phone. I have friends in the United States and back in India. Some of them are Charter Accountants, Manager in Bank, Businessmen. I watch some shows on netflix such as Narcos, Friends, Russel Peter show etc. one of my favourite time pass is cooking. I cook all kind of cuisine like Italian, Mexican, Indian, Chinese etc.