Do you exercise and eat right?

Say hello to people who are learning English vocabulary and grammar online. Tell us who you are, where you're from, why you study English, etc.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Re: Do you exercise and eat right?

Post by James Trotta » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:34 pm

Hello and good luck :D
Amyhernandez wrote:Is really important to exercise a lot and to eat healthy. I exercises only when I am taking a class at my school, but other than that no I think I should exercise more. I like exercising but I am lazy. The only thing that I like to do as an exercise is to swim and to strech my all body. I don't really eat healthy. I don't eat junck food but I don't either eat healthy. I rarely eat vegetables I only like brokoli and squash these are the only two vegetables I like. I think is important to eat healthy and to exercises daily. If we don't do all this things we will earn weight this could take us to obesity, and other diseases. my dad is 53 and he is over weight from his stomic he is fat from his arms he is alright, but still just with his stomic he looks bad. I don't want to look like my dad. Today in our society more than half of the people who live in the United States are over weight. This is happening more in children under 8 years. Because they don't know how bad is to be fat this is due to the reason that they parents don't teach them the right habits. Before people used to think that if you were fat you were pretty. Now is different although if you are too skinny people judge you. If people see you skinny they tell you that you should win a little be of weight. People make jokes of you they laugh of you. After my friends told me I was to skinny I started eating more and not exercising. now I am not fat, but I won a little more weigh than what I had. Now my dad I telling me that in 3 o 5 years if I don't do exercises I will be more fat them him. I don't want to be more fat than my dad now I am going to start doing exercises every day. I don't promise to eat vegetables because i don't really like vegetables. Let's see how it goes by just doing exercise.

It is really important to exercise a lot and to eat healthy. I exercise only when I am taking a class at my school, but I think I should exercise more. I like exercising but I am lazy. The only thing that I like to do as an exercise is to swim and stretch. I don't really eat healthy. I don't eat junk food but I don't eat healthy either. I rarely eat vegetables. I only like broccoli and squash. These are the only two vegetables I like.

I think is important to eat healthy and to exercise daily. If we don't do all these things we will gain weight. This could lead to obesity and other diseases. my dad is 53 and he is over weight. His stomach is fat. His arms are alright, but his stomach makes him look bad.

I don't want to look like my dad. Today in our society more than half of the people who live in the United States are over weight. This is happening more in children under 8 years. Because they don't know how bad is to be fat. They don't know because their parents don't teach them the right habits. Before people used to think that if you were fat you were pretty. Now is different although if you are too skinny people judge you. If people see you skinny they tell you that you should gain a little bit of weight. People make jokes or you they laugh at you. After my friends told me I was too skinny I started eating more and not exercising. now I am not fat, but I have gained a little weight. Now my dad is telling me that in 3 to 5 years if I don't exercise I will be more fat than him. I don't want to be more fat than my dad so now I am going to start exercising every day. I don't promise to eat vegetables because i don't really like vegetables. Let's see how it goes by just doing exercise.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi :D
Komella wrote:Well,I am happy that you asked that question as it took me so long to start eating right and give my body some of its rights .
In the past few years I gradually gained weight and I had several trials to lose it but whenever I lose some weight (even with the help of a nutritionist),I gain it again and even more. My overall health kept retarding, I discovered that my cholesterol level increased and I had back problems that kept me awake at night suffering from back pain, had migraines, bad memory and I felt that I am really getting old and Most of my clothes did not fit . I hated that feeling because In a way that wasn't me.
I started reading about healthy food and healthy habits and exercises as I receive daily emails concerning having good health from (Harvard Medical School) in different health topics .
I discovered that everything is related together as a chain; eating healthy food,having exercise in the proper way that suits you, having good quality of sleep and trying to be positive and live happy. That must be your life style.
As for me, it's been a month and a half now for which I started swimming and walking in addition to eating healthy food, I lost 5 kilograms and my back is much better now.
I hope that I am on the right track of having good health .
Well,I am happy that you asked that question as it took me so long to start eating right and give my body some of its rights. In the past few years I gradually gained weight and I tried to lose it several times but whenever I lose some weight (even with the help of a nutritionist),I gain it again and even more. My overall health kept deteriorating. I discovered that my cholesterol level increased and I had back problems that kept me awake at night suffering from back pain, had migraines, bad memory and I felt that I am really getting old and Most of my clothes did not fit . I hated that feeling because In a way that wasn't me.

I started reading about healthy food and healthy habits and exercises as I receive daily emails concerning having good health (from Harvard Medical School). I discovered that everything is related together as a chain; eating healthy food, exercising in a way that suits you, having good quality of sleep and trying to be positive and live happy. That must be your life style.

As for me, it's been a month and a half since I started swimming and walking in addition to eating healthy food, I lost 5 kilograms and my back is much better now. I hope that I am on the right track to having good health.

Sounds like it :D

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:35 pm

Hello :D
sarahm991 wrote:Ever since I was a child, I have struggled with my weight and body image. My mother and sister both have a fast metabolism so they can eat whatever they want without gaining a pound. My mother therefore doesn't believe in exercise and has never encouraged me to try that as a way to regulate my weight. I would just eat tiny portions and lose weight but put it back on as soon as I start eating like a normal person. When I moved to college, I finally had the freedom to do whatever I wanted. That's when I signed up for various fitness classes and joined a gym. I've never felt healthier in my life, I enjoy working out and I have no problems maintaining my weight anymore. These days, I lift weights 3 times a week and do classes whenever I feel liked doing a little cardio. I also changed the way I eat: I'm now following a plant-based diet. I think this is why I rarely get sick anymore. I don't even get a cold when everyone is lying down with the flu. So I take exercise and healthy eating very seriously! But it's also important to treat yourself once in a while and not be too hard on yourself :)
Ever since I was a child, I have struggled with my weight and body image. My mother and sister both have a fast metabolism so they can eat whatever they want without gaining a pound. My mother therefore doesn't believe in exercise and has never encouraged me to try that as a way to regulate my weight. I would just eat tiny portions and lose weight but put it back on as soon as I started eating like a normal person. When I went to college, I finally had the freedom to do whatever I wanted. That's when I signed up for various fitness classes and joined a gym. I've never felt healthier in my life, I enjoy working out and I have no problems maintaining my weight anymore. These days, I lift weights 3 times a week and do classes whenever I feel like doing a little cardio. I also changed the way I eat: I'm now following a plant-based diet. I think this is why I rarely get sick anymore. I don't even get a cold when everyone is lying down with the flu. So I take exercise and healthy eating very seriously! But it's also important to treat yourself once in a while and not be too hard on yourself.

I was a vegetarian for a while 8-)

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:13 pm

aimee wrote:I don't exercise on the regular bases. I know it is very bad for me and I tend to motivate myself to get out walking or runing but it never worked. I dislike runing becasue I oftern get pain in my chest and that just not my cup of tea. I tried to do some yoga and I really like it. It does not require much of warming up cardio movement however with a busy family life and a shcool kid, yoga rarely was on the top of the list. I know I am over weight compare to my size and I often look myself in the mirror and thinking it would be nice if my tummy is flat, or if my angle wings are smaller, or if my legs are slimmer... well, I guess sitting here and day dreaming isn't gonna help me at all. The best thing to do is just get up and do it.
I don't exercise on a regular basis. I know it is very bad for me and I try to motivate myself to get out walking or running but it never works. I dislike running because I often get pain in my chest and that is just not my cup of tea. I tried to do some yoga and I really like it. It does not require much warming up or cardio. However with a busy family life and a kid in shcool, yoga rarely was on the top of the list. I know I am over weight compared to my size and I often look at myself in the mirror and think it would be nice if my tummy is flat, or if my angle wings :?: are smaller, or if my legs are slimmer... well, I guess sitting here and day dreaming isn't gonna help me at all. The best thing to do is just get up and do it.

I'm not sure what you mean by angle wings, but yes, get up and exercise :D

Lily26

Post by Lily26 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:28 am

Well, in the past I didn't really exercise as good as I need it, but now I been exercising for almost 2 years! I do an hour of Zumba twice a week and weigh lifting 3 to 4 days a week :D I feel much better now than before, much stronger and with more energy, also I feel so proud of my self. I been making little changes on my eating too, I don't believe on diets. I think that is better to change our eating little by little, that way we get used to better eating.