Are you ready to learn English vocabulary?

Discuss how general English vocabulary words are used to communicate ideas.
Myah

Re: Are you ready to learn English vocabulary?

Post by Myah » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:51 am

I want my English is fluent can u please help me Guy's

From Philippines

Ioana

Post by Ioana » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi, My name is Ioana and I am a Science/Math teacher in Ontario, Canada. English is my second language, my language of origins is Romanian. I joined this group in my hope to improve my written English, and I am glad that I found your "English conversation" group.

Mataharis

Post by Mataharis » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi.
I don't know if I'm ready to learn English vocabulary, but I know that I'm late to learn English vocabulary. I sad that I'm late because I'm living in the US about 2 years or a little less and I think that my vocabulary is very poor.
I'm 100% available to learn English vocabulary and sincerely is: How can I remember about new word or some new expression that I learned?
I know that I need to practice this new word or new expression, but how can I do this ?
If you can suggest me something that I can apply to remember about new words I learn, I will be very thankfully.

Have a nice weekend.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:34 am

Usually people have to encounter a word about 25 times before they can use it. So learning new vocabulary is very difficult and it takes a long time. To practice using new words, how about trying to incorporate them into your message board posts here?
Mataharis wrote:Hi.
I don't know if I'm ready to learn English vocabulary, but I know that I'm late to learn English vocabulary. I sad that I'm late because I'm living in the US about 2 years or a little less and I think that my vocabulary is very poor.
I'm 100% available to learn English vocabulary and sincerely is: How can I remember about new word or some new expression that I learned?
I know that I need to practice this new word or new expression, but how can I do this ?
If you can suggest me something that I can apply to remember about new words I learn, I will be very thankfully.

Have a nice weekend.

tommygirl05

Post by tommygirl05 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:32 am

Hello Im interested to learn english vocabulary even its too late because im already 33.,I can speak english but not fluent.Im 7 month here in the US.Im from Philippines.but if someone will teach me more about english im very interested.

Tibaijuka

Post by Tibaijuka » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:42 am

Dear James,

1. Where are the vocabulary words on the site? Please help me. I can't find them.

2. I have come across numerous English use guidance suggesting that forms of be verbs are weak. However, whenever I am speaking or writing they flow into my mind almost automatically. So, how can I avoid them and use more powerful verbs?

Joseph

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:08 pm

The site isn't well organized (I started it in 2003) but there are some vocabulary exercises at eslgo.com/classes.php - if you read the descriptions, some will say vocabulary. For example, http://eslgo.com/classes/lend-borrow.php

The second question, I'm not sure I understand. The "be" verb isn't weak. I just used "is" and it seems good to me.
Tibaijuka wrote:Dear James,

1. Where are the vocabulary words on the site? Please help me. I can't find them.

2. I have come across numerous English use guidance suggesting that forms of be verbs are weak. However, whenever I am speaking or writing they flow into my mind almost automatically. So, how can I avoid them and use more powerful verbs?

Joseph

Mataharis

Post by Mataharis » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:57 pm

James Trotta wrote:Usually people have to encounter a word about 25 times before they can use it. So learning new vocabulary is very difficult and it takes a long time. To practice using new words, how about trying to incorporate them into your message board posts here?
Mataharis wrote:Hi.

Have a nice weekend.
Hello James. This is a good "advise". This is a new word that I am applying. I will try to do it always I can. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

reem

Post by reem » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:17 am

Hi!
I would love to learn new things, especially new English vocabulary. But my problem here is using them in sentences. I have read online if I want to speak better English, I need to learn phrases... Is that correct? I want to be able to understand it, speak it, and of course write it. Sometime I get missed up with my first language, and it's Arabic. Sometime it's hard for me to make good sentences, because I translate Arabic into English and things get messy with me. I know your hands are full... I will do my best everyday to write for little time to practice and for you to see my mistakes and help me fix it.

Thank You

cee dee

Post by cee dee » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:30 am

I am ready to learn everything that would help to improve my English.As I been poor in English I would love go for anything that comes on my way to pull me up.I am looking forwards this forum as my stepping stone .

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:57 pm

I think you need to learn phrases but also individual vocabulary items and the grammar system.

Sometimes when you speak you use a phrase or a memorized chunk of language. But other times you have to use the grammar system and all the individual vocabulary items to express an idea.
reem wrote:Hi!
I would love to learn new things, especially new English vocabulary. But my problem here is using them in sentences. I have read online if I want to speak better English, I need to learn phrases... Is that correct? I want to be able to understand it, speak it, and of course write it. Sometime I get missed up with my first language, and it's Arabic. Sometime it's hard for me to make good sentences, because I translate Arabic into English and things get messy with me. I know your hands are full... I will do my best everyday to write for little time to practice and for you to see my mistakes and help me fix it.

Thank You

abdul

Post by abdul » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi I am ready to learn English vocabulary because I am not good in English and is my second language i will be more than happy joining with you so that I can improve my English :D

Adzkiakurnia

Post by Adzkiakurnia » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:56 am

Hi all

Shanti

Post by Shanti » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:47 am

Yes,I am ready to learn because I have to improve my English,thank you,

blessedk

Post by blessedk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:25 am

yes i am interested on being a bilingual and break the limite caused by languages, therefore i am more than ready to learn new words everyday