Are you ready to learn English vocabulary?

Discuss how general English vocabulary words are used to communicate ideas.
awilkerson12

Re: Are you ready to learn English vocabulary?

Post by awilkerson12 »

Hi James. My name is Ashley and I am currently interested in increasing my knowledge in English. I hope this helps me out a lot. Thanks, Ashley.

vanybg

Post by vanybg »

hi I'm really confuse :D

boxcar

Post by boxcar »

Let's help your confusion. :)
What would help you to understand better?

gjonia

Post by gjonia »

yes i am
:D

kdbrar

Post by kdbrar »

I'm ready let's get start

fo_lim

Post by fo_lim »

Hi, Mr james. Nice to met u here....let's me introduce my self. my name is lim. I have a big problem here, i am indonesian, here my english skill was zero, hope u can help me out. thx.

Gina

Post by Gina »

Hello Mr. James !

Really, I need to improve my english; I am hispanic living in USA, I have living here for 4 years. I know its required speak and write correctly the english. Thanks.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Please don't call me Mr. James. If you have to call me Mr. use Mr. Trotta. Same thing with Ms., Mrs., and Professor - they all go with the family name (in my case Trotta). This is actually a very common error - I hear the same thing from my advanced students regularly so don't worry about (but do fix it).

emmanuel ngandu

Post by emmanuel ngandu »

i am emmanuel ngandu need help to read write undstaaand english help me please

saida lopez

Post by saida lopez »

James Trotta wrote:Hi! I'm James Trotta, an English teacher from New York. I just finished a Master of Applied Linguistics and I've been teaching English since 1998.

I've designed this site to help English students learn vocabulary words. Many students keep vocabulary journals, but wouldn't it be more fun to do it online? That way we can have one really big vocabulary journal with lots of words and lots of examples for each word.
:D Im ready to learn English can somebody help me??

aboose

Post by aboose »

Hi.
Am funmi from nigeria, pls I need ur help ur on how to write a correct and good english also on how to communicate. Thanks

nancy07201

Post by nancy07201 »

Hi, my name is Nancy Gonzalez, I am ecuadorian and live here 8 years. Now i am working in a American company but i have a lot of problems writting and speaking English, can you help me? Thanks

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

To everyone asking, "can you help me?"

Probably. But the real question is can you help yourself. Your job is to use English to communicate. I can then try to help you communicate more successfully but it's not an easy job. The more work you do, the better I'll be able to help you.

So don't just make one post and then leave or you'll never get any help. Keep communicating, keep using English. Then you will help yourself and then I will also see some things that can help you.

yasmeent

Post by yasmeent »

Guest wrote:
James Trotta wrote:Hi! I'm James Trotta, an English teacher from New York. I just finished a Master of Applied Linguistics and I've been teaching English since 1998.

I've designed this site to help English students learn vocabulary words. Many students keep vocabulary journals, but wouldn't it be more fun to do it online? That way we can have one really big vocabulary journal with lots of words and lots of examples for each word.
Hi James, well thanks indeed for your fruitful thoughts for every individual who really wish to learn English and also want to improve their written communication like me. please advice me how do i need to improve my business written communication on immediate basis. as i rate myself poor in written professional / business communication.

You immediate response will be really obliged.

Regards
Yasmeent

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

How about posting some of your business emails here: http://www.eslgo.com/conversation/viewforum.php?f=38

Just make sure you give us some context like why you had to write the email and what your goal was.
yasmeent wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hi James, well thanks indeed for your fruitful thoughts for every individual who really wish to learn English and also want to improve their written communication like me. please advice me how do i need to improve my business written communication on immediate basis. as i rate myself poor in written professional / business communication.

You immediate response will be really obliged.

Regards
Yasmeent