Are you ready to learn English vocabulary?

Discuss how general English vocabulary words are used to communicate ideas.
wheng

Re: Are you ready to learn English vocabulary?

Post by wheng » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Guest wrote:
James Trotta wrote:Hi! I'm James Trotta, an English teacher from New York. I just finished a Master of Applied Linguistics and I've been teaching English since 1998.

I've designed this site to help English students learn vocabulary words. Many students keep vocabulary journals, but wouldn't it be more fun to do it online? That way we can have one really big vocabulary journal with lots of words and lots of examples for each word.
yes,im ready

carolcaleb

Post by carolcaleb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:29 am

Yes, ready. New here!

Diogo2010

Post by Diogo2010 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:26 am

James Trotta wrote:Hi! I'm James Trotta, an English teacher from New York. I just finished a Master of Applied Linguistics and I've been teaching English since 1998.

I've designed this site to help English students learn vocabulary words. Many students keep vocabulary journals, but wouldn't it be more fun to do it online? That way we can have one really big vocabulary journal with lots of words and lots of examples for each word.
Yes I'm I need a lot of help . I trying to improved my grammar and I
think this is a very fun way . I'm a student and I need to pass my English compass test . By writing an essay on any topic .
I decide to do it in a narrative form. But I need a lot of help to put my sentences together is really hart whent you don't understand the English grammar that much

rusminah

Post by rusminah » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:51 am

Hai teacher, I am Rusminah. I come from indonesia. Now i am working in Canada,and my english is not good yet, please help me. So I can improve my english,in everythings. Thank you.

Titin Veterinary

Post by Titin Veterinary » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:13 am

Yes....and please give tips for study well...thank u for the teaching... :)

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 am

Remember if you have posted only in this thread that you should visit some other forums and make some posts so I can get to know you a little bit better.

yana

Post by yana » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:28 am

James Trotta wrote:Remember if you have posted only in this thread that you should visit some other forums and make some posts so I can get to know you a little bit better.
yes,. i read some post, but many posts, sometime we are confuse to comment which. Sorry james if my english is not good. Because that, i am learning in here.. :D

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:46 am

yana wrote:
James Trotta wrote:Remember if you have posted only in this thread that you should visit some other forums and make some posts so I can get to know you a little bit better.
yes,. i read some post, but many posts, sometime we are confuse to comment which. Sorry james if my english is not good. Because that, i am learning in here.. :D
We are all learning. :) See you in the other forums soon. :)

shimonsmila

Post by shimonsmila » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:09 am

hi
my name is shimon and i am from Israel.I think your idea of learning English vocabulary in a forum is a great idea because it gives you the ability to learn without being to harsh on yourself.
You can also learn through other people's mistakes and also get feedbacks to your posts wich is quiet importent in order to improve your English level.
Very soon i am about to confront a huge challenge.
I am taking part in an enterprise with a killing potential.It's a video manual and i am one of the marketing staff.
We are going to start marketing the product in English speaking countries.
the thing is that i am the only one in the staff who's mother tongue is not English.
I need a lot of verbal practice(as well as writing practice) in order to get a satisfied level of marketing dialogue,wich is quiet different than having a free chat.
This is the first time that I participate in a forum.hope to get your feedback soon,it will sure be a great help for me.
With regards and many thanks
Shimon

Leticia

Post by Leticia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi Shimon
I wish you the best on your enterprise. I think your doing pretty good in English! My native language is Spanish. I am from Mexico. I have been living in the States from 13 years. And I still have lots of problems with English. English is a language kind of complicated, first the spelling is one thing, and the other is the pronunciation. Forget about the punctuation. I guess that you already found some punctuation mistakes.
The reason I sign up on this forum is to talk to people who like me want to improve their English skills.
Leticia

florence

Post by florence » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:53 pm

hi
my name is shona
i want to learn english

AYANFE

Post by AYANFE » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm

hello James,i will like to learn english in order to speak fluently in a gathering or in day to day activities.i will be glad if you can help me out.thanks

ddpertuland

Re: I want to learn english

Post by ddpertuland » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:56 pm

musharraf_jelani wrote:Sir I am a student of M.Phil here in Pakistan and for advanced studies its really very necessary to learn standard English but my vocabulary is very week and often I fail to use words to express myself.
To what extent your web can help me and how I can take full advantage of it.
I am a student of delice p in here in haiti for advanced studies its really very necessary to learn standard english but my vocabularyis very week and extant your web can hep me and how I can take full advantage of it
:| :|

jaquicm

Post by jaquicm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:37 am

Hi, my name is Jaqui and i am from Guatemala
my english writting and vocabulary is a little bit low so i need some help

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 am

Welcome! Feel free to start posting in other topics. :)