Side effects

English vocabulary words in a biological or medical context.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Side effects

Post by James Trotta » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:29 am

From http://www.stock-market-idea.com/archives/001120.html
One wonders if Pfizer's Celebrex will start getting the same class action attention as Merck's Vioxx. It seems that they are similar drugs with similar side effects:

Merck recalled Vioxx on Sept. 30 after a study found that a long-term use of the drug doubled the risk of heart attack and stroke. Both Celebrex and Vioxx belong to a class of drugs known as COX-2 inhibitors. They work by selectively blocking a protein called COX-2 that has been linked to inflammation.
Side effects are bad things that result from taking certain drugs. In this example the drugs make it more likely that someone will get a heart attack or stroke. Vioxx and Celebrex are both drugs.

cdrls77

Re: Side effects

Post by cdrls77 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:34 pm

It's not easy for me to talk about this issue. The reason why its not easy is because the name of medication I was taken I can't remember the name, however this medication was to relax the muscle. I had a terrible pain in my left hip for too long. I coudn't sleep and it was impossible to live with such a pain, so I started to take this medication, but the side effect was not good, my stomach blowed up in such a way that it seems that I was going to have a baby. I just couldn't be as normal as most people, so I had to take another medication to become normal in that particular way, and yet the pain still on my left hip. I honestly, had to pray to get well, and just a bout two months ago the pain stopped, thank God!!!

Micheal21

Re: Side effects

Post by Micheal21 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:05 am

YEs i am agree with you that some drugs really have bad side effects but still in some case it is really necessary to use these drugs for our health and for living ... we just can't skips some drugs according to specific health issues ..