socially disadvantaged

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
kimkyounghee

socially disadvantaged

Post by kimkyounghee »

A socially disadvantaged child, I desperately needed to be taught that I had the obligation-the right-to speak public language.
from making peace

1. I was a child who has lack of sociability with other people. I didn't have a chance to learn public language so I couldn't say about public language well.

2. If someone is not native, they have to learn public language in early age because when start the school, they have a very hard time to study their own language and public language. It also hard to make to own their community.

Kim young ju

Post by Kim young ju »

A socially disadvantaged farmer or rancher is one of a group whose members have been subjected to racial, ethnic, or gender prejudice because of their identity as members of the group without regard to their individual qualities
1.This sentence means that a farmer or rancher has been receive to racial, ethnic, or gender prejudice.
2. socially
1) socially - by or with respect to society; "socially accepted norms"
2) socially - in a social manner; "socially unpopular"
disadvantaged
1)Deprived of some of the basic necessities or advantages of life, such as adequate housing, medical care, or educational facilities.
2) Being at a disadvantage, especially with respect to competitive or opposing elements or forces: "We can't have . . . disadvantaged conventional forces on one hand and strategic nuclear forces on the other" Bernard Rogers.
n. (used with a pl. verb)
Deprived people considered as a group. Often used with the.

3.http://www.fsa.usda.gov/pas/publication ... loan02.htm
The category of people living in socially disadvantaged urban areas highlights the effect of poverty and isolation from services in compounding drug treatment usage and problems.
1.This sentence means that living in these areas peoples are received highlights the effect of poverty and isolation from services in compounding drug treatment usage and problems.
2.www.adca.org.au/publications/Drug%20Policy%202000/ 711_people_living_in_socially_di.htm - 6k