My parents

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
Morutea

My parents

Post by Morutea » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Hello all,

It is my first post :)

I want your thoughts on this:
Do you feel that because your parents may have supported you when you were younger, that you "owe" it to them to support them now?

(Pay the bills they run up etc, just because they did it for you when you were younger and unable to work)

Thanks.

Juliet Osei Asiedu

Re: My parents

Post by Juliet Osei Asiedu » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Your parent are your parent and you cannot do anything about it. Heping parent is a very good example for all, whether you are a child or an adult you have to help your parent in paying their bills. They brought you on this world, that is everybodys responsibility.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:47 pm

How much of this do you think depends on culture? In some cultures, kids are expected to help support their parents. For example in Korea it is very common for kids to give their parents some money each month or if not every month then once in a while. In America this is far less common but then when parents get much older and have to live in a nurshing home or something the kids will often chip in.

Which one makes more sense for the nation's economy?

claramolee

Post by claramolee » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:59 am

hello all,

its a great thread. i have so blessed with a great parents..i think they are the best persons in this world that i have seen ever...i am trying to follow their ways.......:)