Describe your job or the job you want

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
Post Reply
James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Describe your job or the job you want

Post by James Trotta » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:49 am

Please reply below with your job description. If you haven't taken the class yet, here it is: http://eslgo.com/classes/business/job-description.php

Professional
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:41 am

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by Professional » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:10 am

I am a dispatch manager for transportation company. My job responsibilities are to manage the milk flow into the plants that we deliver to, schedule trucks to pick up the milk from our producers in timly fashion, cordenate with customer's representatives on any challenges at the producers, and ensure that we are in complince with all local and federal regulations.
If i do my job correctly, my customers will get the results they are looking for. But if i do not do my job correctly, i will be in jeopardy of losing my customer's trust. Therefore, I will not be successful in my career with the company.
I belive that, we are in compative market. Services is all we can offer. Complacency is our worst enemy, and we are striving to do a good job.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:36 am

Great message board post. Thanks for getting us started
Professional wrote:I am a dispatch manager for transportation company. My job responsibilities are to manage the milk flow into the plants that we deliver to, schedule trucks to pick up the milk from our producers in timly fashion, cordenate with customer's representatives on any challenges at the producers, and ensure that we are in complince with all local and federal regulations.
If i do my job correctly, my customers will get the results they are looking for. But if i do not do my job correctly, i will be in jeopardy of losing my customer's trust. Therefore, I will not be successful in my career with the company.
I belive that, we are in compative market. Services is all we can offer. Complacency is our worst enemy, and we are striving to do a good job.
I am a dispatch manager for a transportation company.
...schedule trucks to pick up the milk from our producers in a timely fashion
If i do my job correctly, my customers will get the results they are looking for. But if i do not do my job correctly, i will be in jeopardy of losing my customers' trust. Therefore, I will not be successful in my career with the company.
I believe that, we are in a competitive market. Services are all we can offer.

Overall, very accurate so well done. In addition to the minor corrections above, can you rephrase this part: "coordinate with customer's representatives on any challenges at the producers," - I don't know exactly what that means.

misslarios
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by misslarios » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:49 am

I am a Preschool teacher. My job is to create lesson plans, evaluations, organize fun activities to celebrate special events such as mother's day, valentine's, Christmas and some other fun activities.I'm in charge of the English curriculum and my coworker teaches Spanish. We have around 24 students from different parts of the world. I work for an International private school and I'm looking forward to star a new year with new ideas and exciting moments to build great memories for this new group. In the future I would love to get an International task to teach overseas. That would be Awesome.

Tibaijuka
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:45 am

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by Tibaijuka » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:13 am

As an accountant my job involves budgeting, treasury management, and preparing all sorts of financial analysis and reports. Because we live in a dynamic world where resources are limited, budgeting helps my organisation to anticipate its future needs and to explore ways of meeting them in advance. If budgeting is done effectively, there will be fewer shocks than otherwise would occur. Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be most used productively and controlled. Having been approved, the budget functions as a monitoring and control tool, whereby actual results are compared with preset performance targets to determine variances.

Under treasury management, I ensure that the organisation maintains a proper balance between its cash needs, debtors, creditors , and inventory requirements. Therefore, in this role, I coordinate with many stakeholders both within and outside the company. I use many foresting models to arrive at an acceptable position.

Periodically, I also prepare analysis reports that help management to carry out their core functions of planning, control, and decision making.My role also requires that I produce financial statements ready for audit at the end of the financial year.

Marcelina
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:00 am

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by Marcelina » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:48 am

Good morning. I am a student of University. I've finished my first year of English in Public Communication, but the level of English use is quite low - we work at B2 level. For me it is not so good because I want to be a translator. So at October I am going to start second field - English Philology with Translation studies. In my dreams I want to go abroad and do something what I like (writting, reading, media uses, PR or something like that) and know every word from English language. Maybe learn some other languages. Now I have a little bit barriery in English, because I don't know how to learn English words and have them in memory.. This is very hard. :geek:

yoki05
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by yoki05 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:58 am

James Trotta wrote:Please reply below with your job description. If you haven't taken the class yet, here it is: http://eslgo.com/classes/business/job-description.php
Hello! I'm phychologist I can work whit the people and held them to faund solution to their problems. Phychologys have many specialties I would like to work in an international industry like the boss at the human resources. In this job have many activities like select the person a cording to the personality and the job. Organize Each department and give many instruction, give new ideas. I need to notice who is the best doing their job and give a present to them. And other thinks.

Anna Wong
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by Anna Wong » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:22 pm

I'm a clerk of Transport and Housing Bureau in Government Department. My job involves filing all the incoming and outgoing documents. My job is to give good filing system. Filing is important because it is convenient for my bosses looking their confidential documents. If I do my job well, then my bosses will find documents easily. But if I ever do a poor job, I could not help my bosses.

Erumtariq
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by Erumtariq » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:29 pm

I am a student of O levels. In future I'd rather like to become doctor. An orthopaedist, who works with bones. Being an orthopaedist it would be important to learn about bones , their arcs and angles.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:51 pm

I like teachers :D
misslarios wrote:I am a Preschool teacher. My job is to create lesson plans, evaluations, organize fun activities to celebrate special events such as mother's day, valentine's, Christmas and some other fun activities.I'm in charge of the English curriculum and my coworker teaches Spanish. We have around 24 students from different parts of the world. I work for an International private school and I'm looking forward to star a new year with new ideas and exciting moments to build great memories for this new group. In the future I would love to get an International task to teach overseas. That would be Awesome.

My job is to create lesson plans, evaluate how effective our teaching is, organize fun activities to celebrate special events such as mother's day, valentine's, Christmas and some other fun activities. :arrow: I changed this one to get parallel structure in the list so every list item starts with a verb. Excellent use of My job is to....

I'm in charge of the English curriculum and my coworker teaches Spanish. We have around 24 students from different parts of the world. I work for an International private school and I'm looking forward to starting a new year with new ideas and exciting moments to build great memories for this new group. In the future I would love to get an International job to teach overseas. That would be Awesome.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Wow, great formal English. :D
Tibaijuka wrote:As an accountant my job involves budgeting, treasury management, and preparing all sorts of financial analysis and reports. Because we live in a dynamic world where resources are limited, budgeting helps my organisation to anticipate its future needs and to explore ways of meeting them in advance. If budgeting is done effectively, there will be fewer shocks than otherwise would occur. Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be most used productively and controlled. Having been approved, the budget functions as a monitoring and control tool, whereby actual results are compared with preset performance targets to determine variances.

Under treasury management, I ensure that the organisation maintains a proper balance between its cash needs, debtors, creditors , and inventory requirements. Therefore, in this role, I coordinate with many stakeholders both within and outside the company. I use many foresting models to arrive at an acceptable position.

Periodically, I also prepare analysis reports that help management to carry out their core functions of planning, control, and decision making.My role also requires that I produce financial statements ready for audit at the end of the financial year.
Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be most used productively and controlled. :arrow: Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be used most productively (and controlled). I'm not sure what you mean by controlling resources - is this accounting jargon or is there another way to say it?

Therefore, in this role, I coordinate with many stakeholders both within and outside the company. I use many forecasting models to arrive at an acceptable position. :?: I think forecasting makes more sense but I'm not an accountant. My dad was though.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Good morning :D
Marcelina wrote:Good morning. I am a student of University. I've finished my first year of English in Public Communication, but the level of English use is quite low - we work at B2 level. For me it is not so good because I want to be a translator. So at October I am going to start second field - English Philology with Translation studies. In my dreams I want to go abroad and do something what I like (writting, reading, media uses, PR or something like that) and know every word from English language. Maybe learn some other languages. Now I have a little bit barriery in English, because I don't know how to learn English words and have them in memory.. This is very hard. :geek:
I am a university student. I've finished my first year of English in Public Communication, but the level of English use is quite low - we work at B2 level. For me it is not so good because I want to be a translator. So in October I am going to start a second major - English Philosophy :?: with Translation studies. In my dreams I want to go abroad and do something that I like (writing, reading, media uses, PR or something like that) and know every English word. Maybe learn some other languages. Now I have a little bit of a barrier in English, because I don't know how to learn English words and have them in memory.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Cool :D
yoki05 wrote:
James Trotta wrote:Please reply below with your job description. If you haven't taken the class yet, here it is: http://eslgo.com/classes/business/job-description.php
Hello! I'm phychologist I can work whit the people and held them to faund solution to their problems. Phychologys have many specialties I would like to work in an international industry like the boss at the human resources. In this job have many activities like select the person a cording to the personality and the job. Organize Each department and give many instruction, give new ideas. I need to notice who is the best doing their job and give a present to them. And other thinks.
I can work with people and held them to find solutions to their problems. Phychologys have many specialties I would like to work in an international industry like the boss of a human resources department. In this job I will have many responsibilities like selecting the person according to how well their personality suits the job.

I need to notice who is the best at doing their job and reward them.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Great use of my job involves +ing :!:
Anna Wong wrote:I'm a clerk of Transport and Housing Bureau in Government Department. My job involves filing all the incoming and outgoing documents. My job is to give good filing system. Filing is important because it is convenient for my bosses looking their confidential documents. If I do my job well, then my bosses will find documents easily. But if I ever do a poor job, I could not help my bosses.

I'm a government clerk in the Transport and Housing Bureau (Department). :arrow: Bureau and department are pretty much the same meaning.

My job is to create and manage :?: a good filing system. Filing is important because it is convenient for my bosses looking for their confidential documents. If I do my job well, then my bosses will find documents easily. But if I ever did a poor job, I would not be able to help my bosses.

James Trotta
Site Admin
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:08 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by James Trotta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Thanks for completing your assignment :D
Erumtariq wrote:I am a student of O levels. In future I'd rather like to become doctor. An orthopaedist, who works with bones. Being an orthopaedist it would be important to learn about bones , their arcs and angles.
In the future I'd rather like to become a doctor. An orthopaedist, who works with bones. Being an orthopaedist it will be important to learn about bones, their arcs and angles

Post Reply