Describe your job or the job you want

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
Valusha

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by Valusha » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:02 am

I work as a real estate agent. This job involves helping people to sell, buy or rent their property. If I have a client who would like to sell a property, my job is estimate his home and perhaps to come up with a list of possible cosmetic work to be done to make property more attractive for potential buyers. If my client would like to buy property, my job is to pay attention to all details about price, size, location, schools, and so on, to find and show the best available houses on the market by client's criteria. The most important in my job is to provide excellent, high quality professional service, making my clients happy, finding for them exactly what they want or even more then they could expect. If I do a good job, I will have good reputation and my clients will refer family, friends or colleagues. Moreover, they always will be excellent repeat customers in case if someday would like to sale or buy property again.

MEW

Post by MEW » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:18 am

I am a Web designer. My job involves creating a new Website for my company. The website helps clients to communicate us and resolve if they have any issues.
Also, clients can open an account, loans or they can report to us if they have stolen card.
This site will help clients to access their accounts 24/7.
We do have option clients can give feedback on the site, this will help us to improve for future use.
If we do not have proper Website we will lose clients and we may go out of business.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:43 am

Teaching is great, but many teachers will argue that the pay isn't good enough :D
Kamal90 wrote:Hi Teacher, my current job is security officer. I serve with my community at any time.
My job requirements is to observe and report.Secondly I protect the clients property inside and outside of the property.
I make a specific patrols to specific locations. I love my job and helping my community, but the pay rate is not enough.
I expect to be a teacher at future. Since I know, teacher is not an easy job in United States in America. If you hit an student, you loose your job and your career too.
The teacher job is a professional job, which has more benefits, and the pay rate is good. When you work several years, you deserve to get promotion.
I dream in one Day, I will be a teacher.Thanks a lot, hear you soon.
I am a security officer. I serve my community at any time. my current job is security officer. My job requires me to observe and report.Secondly I protect the clients' property inside and outside of their homes.

...but the pay rate is not good enough.

I expect to be a teacher in the future. I know that being a teacher is not an easy job in the United States of America.

When you work several years, you deserve to get a promotion.

I dream that one Day, I will be a teacher.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:46 am

Sorry, I'm confused. :oops: I don't know what kind of help you want.
Tibaijuka wrote:Dear James,

Please provide me with guidance on how to use this site or direct me to where I can get it. I am just gambling all the time!

Thank you,

Joseph

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 am

Trying to figure out what people need sounds like a hard job :!:
Mataharis wrote:I'm a consultant. I work with technology solutions (software). If some company needs to know about any security software I try to understand what they really need and search the appropriate technology really make sense to offer them. After I presented the options, they ask me about manufactures contacts to follow the acquisition process. If I don't really understand what the company need, I couldn't offer the correct solution.
...I try to understand what they really need and search for the appropriate technology that really make sense to offer them. After I present the options, they ask me about the manufacturer's contact information to move forward with the acquisition process. If I don't really understand what the company needs, I couldn't offer the correct solution

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:53 am

Did I already read this one?
yoki05 wrote:My name is Yokasta Reyes, I am phychologist.
Phychology involves helping people to find solutions to their problems. Clinical Phychology have many responsibilities you can make a lot of things and strategies to make happy children, and people. I love my job. However I would like to work an international industry like the boss of a human resources deparment. If l do this jod them l will selecting the person acording to how well their personality suits the job.

I need to notice who is the best at doing their job and reward them.

Phychology involves helping people to find solutions to their problems. Clinical Psychologists have many responsibilities.

You can do a lot of things and use a lot of strategies to make people happy.

However I would like to work in an international industry like being the boss of a human resources department.

If l do this job, then l will select people according to how well their personality suits the job.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:26 am

You sound dedicated :D
Valusha wrote:I work as a real estate agent. This job involves helping people to sell, buy or rent their property. If I have a client who would like to sell a property, my job is estimate his home and perhaps to come up with a list of possible cosmetic work to be done to make property more attractive for potential buyers. If my client would like to buy property, my job is to pay attention to all details about price, size, location, schools, and so on, to find and show the best available houses on the market by client's criteria. The most important in my job is to provide excellent, high quality professional service, making my clients happy, finding for them exactly what they want or even more then they could expect. If I do a good job, I will have good reputation and my clients will refer family, friends or colleagues. Moreover, they always will be excellent repeat customers in case if someday would like to sale or buy property again.
If I have a client who would like to sell a property, my job is to estimate the value of his home and....

...to find and show the best available houses on the market according to the client's criteria.

The most important part of my job is to provide excellent, high quality professional service...

If I do a good job, I will have a good reputation and my clients will refer family, friends or colleagues. Moreover, they always will be excellent repeat customers in case if someday would like to sell or buy property again.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:32 am

I might need your help :D
MEW wrote:I am a Web designer. My job involves creating a new Website for my company. The website helps clients to communicate us and resolve if they have any issues.
Also, clients can open an account, loans or they can report to us if they have stolen card.
This site will help clients to access their accounts 24/7.
We do have option clients can give feedback on the site, this will help us to improve for future use.
If we do not have proper Website we will lose clients and we may go out of business.
The website helps clients to communicate us so that we can resolve any issues they may have.
Also, clients can open an account, apply for loans or they can report a stolen card.
We do have an option for clients to give feedback on the site, this will help us to improve for future use.
If we do not have a proper Website we will lose clients and we may go out of business

dalan

Post by dalan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:44 am

I'm a ESL classes student . In the future i would like to be a dialysis technician , because i like to help people and it's been one of my dreams . I would like to provide treatment for petient with kidney failure .

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:06 am

That's important work.
dalan wrote:I'm a ESL classes student . In the future i would like to be a dialysis technician , because i like to help people and it's been one of my dreams . I would like to provide treatment for petient with kidney failure .
I'm an ESL student.
I would like to provide treatment for patients with kidney failure.

Moregrace

Post by Moregrace » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:24 am

The job i want is to be a confidential secretary in an organization where i can keep records, typing of documents, taking dictation, attending meeting with my boss, receiving calls from customers as well as delivery messages and attending to visitors that wants to see the boss and have a good communication with my co-workers.

Xiumara

Post by Xiumara » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I became a customer service representative at Target three weeks ago. My job involves helping people with questions or situations, reorganize merchandise in the sales floor, scan items and collect the money with a cash register. I have a bachelor's degree in Public Relations and Advertising, but I just came to the United States from my country Puerto Rico and I don't dare to apply for a better job because the language. I came to this Country to do a master's degree in Counseling Psychology. I found at the end of my degree that Psychology was my true vocation. If I want to be successful in my studies, help people and find a better job, I will need to improve my English.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi again :D
Moregrace wrote:The job i want is to be a confidential secretary in an organization where i can keep records, typing of documents, taking dictation, attending meeting with my boss, receiving calls from customers as well as delivery messages and attending to visitors that wants to see the boss and have a good communication with my co-workers.
The job i want is to be a confidential secretary in an organization where i can keep records, type documents, take dictation, attend meetings with my boss, receive calls from customers, deliver messages, attend to visitors that want to see the boss, and have good communication with my co-workers.

Notice that when we make a list we want all verbs to be the same. This is why I got rid of all the -ing verbs. You could have used only -ing verbs but best not to use different types of verbs.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:44 pm

Congratulations on the new job :D
Xiumara wrote:Hi everyone,

I became a customer service representative at Target three weeks ago. My job involves helping people with questions or situations, reorganizing merchandise in the sales floor, and scanning items and collecting money at a cash register. I have a bachelor's degree in Public Relations and Advertising, but I just came to the United States from my country Puerto Rico and I don't dare apply for a better job because of the language. I came to this Country to do a master's degree in Counseling Psychology. I found at the end of my degree that Psychology was my true vocation. If I want to be successful in my studies, help people and find a better job, I will need to improve my English.
Notice with the list, all verbs should be the same. I made them all -ing verbs. You can choose which type of verb as long as they are all the same.

Tariku

Post by Tariku » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:36 am

i am church minster.my job involves preach the word God evry week and organised other minsters.i prepered the church memberes to diffrent kind of spirichual responsblty.when i do my job well my congregation wii be grow and many popels will come to Jesus .but when i didn't my job very well my church dose not grow.so in this cases i am working stronglly.