Describe your job or the job you want

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
etoneslgo

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by etoneslgo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:17 pm

James Trotta wrote:
76sun0909 wrote:I had worked almost 6years as a nurse in korea after graduation of nursing school. I had immigrated into the United State of America with my husband who wanted to study social worker at graudate shool.I have stayed home taking care of childern as a housewife since I moved to America. Now I want to be a nurse who can take care of sick people,which i did it before in korea.First of all, I am struggling to improve my English to communicate with patients, all family members and coworkers. if I am a nurse, I will help people get better. second, I am going to major science of nursing at graudate school to have more knowledges. I wish that my dream comes true someday.

I worked almost 6years as a nurse in korea after graduating from nursing school. I immigrated to the United State of America with my husband who wanted to study social work in graudate shool.I have stayed home taking care of childern as a housewife since I moved to America. Now I want to be a nurse who can take care of sick people,which i did before in korea.First of all, I am struggling to improve my English to communicate with patients, their family members and coworkers. if I am a nurse, I will help people get better. second, I am going to major in the science of nursing at graudate school to have more knowledge. I hope that my dream comes true someday

:arrow: To use past perfect (had worked, had immigrated) talk about something in the past simple and something before that: Before I immigrated to the US, I had worked as a nurse in Korea.
Hi, I read that you want to return to work as a nurse.
Do you have a preference for working in a doctors’ office, a hospital, or some other facility?
Thanks, Eileen

Alida Cruz

Post by Alida Cruz » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:01 am

thank you for your time helping me with corrections.
I forgot to mention the number of clients I have,
actually I have only two clients ,they are at home.
I do Homehealthcare.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:40 am

You're using some words I don't know :!: Must be a technical job :D
rajani wrote:
James Trotta wrote:Please reply below with your job description. If you haven't taken the class yet, here it is: http://eslgo.com/classes/business/job-description.php
I am a software developer. I have one year experience in Blackberry mobile application development as well as platform independent mobile application development tools using PhoneGap.
My job includes writing code and testing application on the basis of different modules. Each module has a timeline and I have to complete modules in the given time limit. After completing each module I have to report my senior about its completion. While doing coding I may get help or ask my seniors.
Now a days I am learning Android and trying to develop a simple application.
This is all about my current job.
I am a software developer. I have one year experience in Blackberry mobile application development as well as platform independent mobile application development tools using PhoneGap.

My job includes writing code and testing applications on the basis of different modules. Each module has a timeline and I have to complete modules in the given time limit. After completing each module I have to report to my senior about its completion. While coding I may get help or ask my seniors.

Now a days I am learning Android and trying to develop a simple application.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:49 am

Sounds like a lot of responsibility :!:
phajello1701 wrote:I work as an Internal Audit Assistant for a company. My job involves participating as an auditor in some audit missions. Audit missions mean surprise visit to control deficiency in all of the department of the company ( Human resources, Finance, Procurement, Administration ...). When the moment comes to audit those department, I send a mail to each manager respectively to let them know about the need to be audited. After that, I make surprise visit to control if rules are respected or if there are deficiency. If deficiency, I give recommendation to the concerned department to make them respect standard. I control the documentation of the Internal Audit Department. In this department, confidentiality is one of the first quality that is required to an auditor staff. At the end, I sometimes manage stock of office supplies, and submit request for some missing materials when needed.
I work as an Internal Audit Assistant for a company. My job involves participating as an auditor in some audit missions. Audit missions mean surprise visits to control deficiency in all departments of the company ( Human resources, Finance, Procurement, Administration ...). When the moment comes to audit those departments, I mail each manager respectively to let them know about the need to be audited. After that, I make a surprise visit to determine if rules are respected or if there are any deficiencies. If there is a deficiency, I give recommendations to the concerned department to make them respect the standard. I control the documentation of the Internal Audit Department. In this department, confidentiality is one of the first qualities that is required of the auditor staff. At the end, I sometimes manage the stock of office supplies, and submit requests for missing materials when needed.

Moregrace

Post by Moregrace » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:39 pm

I think the kind of training that confidential secretary needs, he or she must have confidence, he must keep the secret of the organization, he must be polite and keep to time, he must have a good communication skills, he or she must be neat, have a sense of humour, posture and courteous.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:46 pm

These all sound like good qualities :D
Moregrace wrote:I think the kind of training that confidential secretary needs, he or she must have confidence, he must keep the secret of the organization, he must be polite and keep to time, he must have a good communication skills, he or she must be neat, have a sense of humour, posture and courteous.
:arrow: posture and courteous

Do you mean :arrow: A confidential secretary must have good posture and be courteous.

Jigna

Post by Jigna » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:30 pm

I am currently doing my Master in Project Management. I have left with one semester more and after that, I want to work as Business Analyst. My Work as a Business Analyst is to find out what business user wants in software. If I am able to find out what exactly they are looking for, Then I can explain that to developers easily. If I can explain better,Then we can Complete the project on time without ant Technical debt.

Gabsimonetti

Post by Gabsimonetti » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:00 am

Since I'm still at highschool, I don't have a job. I also have no idea what career to pursue after finishing high school, but I'll still research more about it, find something that really interests me so that I can work with something that involves doing what I love.