Describe your job or the job you want

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
Ann'JJ

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by Ann'JJ »

I am currently a Data Analyst for one of the top three e-commerce industry in South East Asia. My tasks is quite tough and critical. As an offline business market, can be said that 90% at least, we should have accurate database in our system. Thats is the ways for us to gain and satisfying our customers. My tasks involves creating business tools, analyzing, uploading infomation related to new items in our system and ensure all data have been uploaded correctly. This is because, multiple department will do the uploading. That is why our team need to check on this and do cleaning up in case the data is wrong. For me, my department is very important to the company because all new items will just been stored at warehouse if we didnt create it for live onsite. Almost four month being here, I gain experiences and have learned like I was here almost a year. Too much information and challenges which Im looking for. However, I never stop to find something more challenges than this, as I awared that, I need to learn more because this field of job is my interest. What Im studied during university time is totally different from what I am interested on. But I preferred to do what I choose to be. Even though starting from zero, theres no reason you cant do it, unless you do nothing and just hoping.

Have a nice day!
Good night.

Kabiro1

Post by Kabiro1 »

I am a CNA. My job description is to take care of elderly. I love my job, and I always do my best to put smiles on my clients face. Since I have become a CNA I have changed the life of lot of my clients., by helping them with all their needs by by giving bath, cooking meals, light house keeping, errands running, doctor appointment and medication reminder. As a result of my compassionate care most of my clients become more independent.

jai15

Post by jai15 »

Hey,
I am an engineering graduate.I have worked as a software engineer for two years.My job involved writing some codes in computer language.
Besides writing codes I tested that codes how it was working.But my dream is to become a professor in future.
For that I have to earn my Master degree.I should pass TOEFL and GRE exams for getting a seat in good colleges.If I score good marks in both exams,I 'll definitely get a seat in one of the best colleges of US.I hope that this course will guide me to achieve my goal.

Thanks.

zshaur

Post by zshaur »

I want to be a personal support worker. Before I start, I want to improve my reading and writing skills so I can understand English better. I would love to care for people in need. In my family there are people who are handicap, so I know the basics of how to care for them.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Sounds like you enjoy your work :D
Ann'JJ wrote:I am currently a Data Analyst for one of the top three e-commerce industry in South East Asia. My tasks is quite tough and critical. As an offline business market, can be said that 90% at least, we should have accurate database in our system. Thats is the ways for us to gain and satisfying our customers. My tasks involves creating business tools, analyzing, uploading infomation related to new items in our system and ensure all data have been uploaded correctly. This is because, multiple department will do the uploading. That is why our team need to check on this and do cleaning up in case the data is wrong. For me, my department is very important to the company because all new items will just been stored at warehouse if we didnt create it for live onsite. Almost four month being here, I gain experiences and have learned like I was here almost a year. Too much information and challenges which Im looking for. However, I never stop to find something more challenges than this, as I awared that, I need to learn more because this field of job is my interest. What Im studied during university time is totally different from what I am interested on. But I preferred to do what I choose to be. Even though starting from zero, theres no reason you cant do it, unless you do nothing and just hoping.

Have a nice day!
Good night.
I am currently a Data Analyst for one of the top three e-commerce companies :?: in South East Asia. My tasks are quite tough and critical.

It can be said that we should have at least 90% accuracy in our database system.

That is the way for us to gain and satisfy our customers.

My tasks involve creating business tools, analyzing, uploading infomation related to new items in our system and ensuring all data have been uploaded correctly.

This is because multiple departments will do the uploading. That is why our team needs to check on this and clean up in case the data is wrong.

...all new items will just be stored at warehouse if we didnt create it for live onsite. :arrow: Sorry I'm not getting this. What does "it" mean?

After being here almost four months, I have gained...

However, I never stopped to find something more challenges than this, as I am aware that I need to learn more.

What I studied during university is totally different from what I am interested in.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Awesome :D
Kabiro1 wrote:I am a CNA. My job description is to take care of elderly. I love my job, and I always do my best to put smiles on my clients face. Since I have become a CNA I have changed the life of lot of my clients., by helping them with all their needs by by giving bath, cooking meals, light house keeping, errands running, doctor appointment and medication reminder. As a result of my compassionate care most of my clients become more independent.
I am a CNA. My job description is to take care of the elderly. I love my job, and I always do my best to put smiles on my client's face. Since I have become a CNA I have changed the life of a lot of my clients. I help them with all their needs by giving baths, cooking meals, doing light house keeping, running errands, and reminding them about doctor's appointments and medication. As a result of my compassionate care most of my clients become more independent.[/quote]

Good job :D

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Cool. What kind of software do you work on?
jai15 wrote:Hey,
I am an engineering graduate.I have worked as a software engineer for two years.My job involved writing some codes in computer language.
Besides writing codes I tested that codes how it was working.But my dream is to become a professor in future.
For that I have to earn my Master degree.I should pass TOEFL and GRE exams for getting a seat in good colleges.If I score good marks in both exams,I 'll definitely get a seat in one of the best colleges of US.I hope that this course will guide me to achieve my goal.

Thanks.
My job involves writing some codes in computer programming languages.
Besides writing code I tested how the codes were working.
I have to pass TOEFL and GRE exams to get into a good college.
If I score good marks on both exams,I 'll definitely get into one of the best colleges in the US.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

So personal support workers help people with handicaps? That's a very noble profession.
zshaur wrote:I want to be a personal support worker. Before I start, I want to improve my reading and writing skills so I can understand English better. I would love to care for people in need. In my family there are people who are handicap, so I know the basics of how to care for them.
I want to be a personal support worker. Before I start, I want to improve my reading and writing skills so I can understand English better. I would love to care for people in need. In my family there are people who are handicapped, so I know the basics of how to care for them.

Kamal90

Post by Kamal90 »

Hi Teacher, my current job is security officer. I serve with my community at any time.
My job requirements is to observe and report.Secondly I protect the clients property inside and outside of the property.
I make a specific patrols to specific locations. I love my job and helping my community, but the pay rate is not enough.
I expect to be a teacher at future. Since I know, teacher is not an easy job in United States in America. If you hit an student, you loose your job and your career too.
The teacher job is a professional job, which has more benefits, and the pay rate is good. When you work several years, you deserve to get promotion.
I dream in one Day, I will be a teacher.Thanks a lot, hear you soon.

Tibaijuka

Post by Tibaijuka »

James Trotta wrote:Wow, great formal English. :D
Tibaijuka wrote:As an accountant my job involves budgeting, treasury management, and preparing all sorts of financial analysis and reports. Because we live in a dynamic world where resources are limited, budgeting helps my organisation to anticipate its future needs and to explore ways of meeting them in advance. If budgeting is done effectively, there will be fewer shocks than otherwise would occur. Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be most used productively and controlled. Having been approved, the budget functions as a monitoring and control tool, whereby actual results are compared with preset performance targets to determine variances.

Under treasury management, I ensure that the organisation maintains a proper balance between its cash needs, debtors, creditors , and inventory requirements. Therefore, in this role, I coordinate with many stakeholders both within and outside the company. I use many foresting models to arrive at an acceptable position.

Periodically, I also prepare analysis reports that help management to carry out their core functions of planning, control, and decision making.My role also requires that I produce financial statements ready for audit at the end of the financial year.
Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be most used productively and controlled. :arrow: Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be used most productively (and controlled). I'm not sure what you mean by controlling resources - is this accounting jargon or is there another way to say it?

Therefore, in this role, I coordinate with many stakeholders both within and outside the company. I use many forecasting models to arrive at an acceptable position. :?: I think forecasting makes more sense but I'm not an accountant. My dad was though.
Controlling resources

1. What I meant by "controlling resources" was to use them optimally and avoid wastage. Please provide the right word if you can.
2. True, I misspelled the word forecasting.

Tibaijuka

Post by Tibaijuka »

Dear James,

Please provide me with guidance on how to use this site or direct me to where I can get it. I am just gambling all the time!

Thank you,

Joseph

Mataharis

Post by Mataharis »

I'm a consultant. I work with technology solutions (software). If some company needs to know about any security software I try to understand what they really need and search the appropriate technology really make sense to offer them. After I presented the options, they ask me about manufactures contacts to follow the acquisition process. If I don't really understand what the company need, I couldn't offer the correct solution.

yoki05

Post by yoki05 »

My name is Yokasta Reyes, I am phychologist.
Phychology involves helping people to find solutions to their problems. Clinical Phychology have many responsibilities you can make a lot of things and strategies to make happy children, and people. I love my job. However I would like to work an international industry like the boss of a human resources deparment. If l do this jod them l will selecting the person acording to how well their personality suits the job.

I need to notice who is the best at doing their job and reward them.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Tibaijuka wrote:Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be most used productively and controlled. :arrow: Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be used most productively (and controlled). I'm not sure what you mean by controlling resources - is this accounting jargon or is there another way to say it?

Therefore, in this role, I coordinate with many stakeholders both within and outside the company. I use many forecasting models to arrive at an acceptable position. :?: I think forecasting makes more sense but I'm not an accountant. My dad was though.

Controlling resources

1. What I meant by "controlling resources" was to use them optimally and avoid wastage. Please provide the right word if you can.
2. True, I misspelled the word forecasting.
In that case I would say, "Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be used optimally." You could also make this active instead of passive: "Through budgeting, we help people use resources optimally."

Ann'JJ

Post by Ann'JJ »

James Trotta wrote:Sounds like you enjoy your work :D
Ann'JJ wrote:I am currently a Data Analyst for one of the top three e-commerce industry in South East Asia. My tasks is quite tough and critical. As an offline business market, can be said that 90% at least, we should have accurate database in our system. Thats is the ways for us to gain and satisfying our customers. My tasks involves creating business tools, analyzing, uploading infomation related to new items in our system and ensure all data have been uploaded correctly. This is because, multiple department will do the uploading. That is why our team need to check on this and do cleaning up in case the data is wrong. For me, my department is very important to the company because all new items will just been stored at warehouse if we didnt create it for live onsite. Almost four month being here, I gain experiences and have learned like I was here almost a year. Too much information and challenges which Im looking for. However, I never stop to find something more challenges than this, as I awared that, I need to learn more because this field of job is my interest. What Im studied during university time is totally different from what I am interested on. But I preferred to do what I choose to be. Even though starting from zero, theres no reason you cant do it, unless you do nothing and just hoping.

Have a nice day!
Good night.
I am currently a Data Analyst for one of the top three e-commerce companies :?: in South East Asia. My tasks are quite tough and critical.

It can be said that we should have at least 90% accuracy in our database system.

That is the way for us to gain and satisfy our customers.

My tasks involve creating business tools, analyzing, uploading infomation related to new items in our system and ensuring all data have been uploaded correctly.

This is because multiple departments will do the uploading. That is why our team needs to check on this and clean up in case the data is wrong.

...all new items will just be stored at warehouse if we didnt create it for live onsite. :arrow: Sorry I'm not getting this. What does "it" mean?

After being here almost four months, I have gained...

However, I never stopped to find something more challenges than this, as I am aware that I need to learn more.

What I studied during university is totally different from what I am interested in.

Firstly, as usual, thank you for your time on checking this.
Below is some clarification as per your remarks:
1.Yes, it should be ecommerce companies actually
2...all new items will just be stored at warehouse if we didnt create it for live onsite. :arrow: Sorry I'm not getting this. What does "it" mean?>>> it here means that the code stock number for each of new items. If we didnt create it for live in our website, then we cant sell the items.