Describe your job or the job you want

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
etoneslgo

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:So personal support workers help people with handicaps? That's a very noble profession.
zshaur wrote:I want to be a personal support worker. Before I start, I want to improve my reading and writing skills so I can understand English better. I would love to care for people in need. In my family there are people who are handicap, so I know the basics of how to care for them.
I want to be a personal support worker. Before I start, I want to improve my reading and writing skills so I can understand English better. I would love to care for people in need. In my family there are people who are handicapped, so I know the basics of how to care for them.
Hi, I read about your goal to be a personal support worker and I have a question.
What are the requirements for that job?
Thank you, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:You sound dedicated :D
Valusha wrote:I work as a real estate agent. This job involves helping people to sell, buy or rent their property. If I have a client who would like to sell a property, my job is estimate his home and perhaps to come up with a list of possible cosmetic work to be done to make property more attractive for potential buyers. If my client would like to buy property, my job is to pay attention to all details about price, size, location, schools, and so on, to find and show the best available houses on the market by client's criteria. The most important in my job is to provide excellent, high quality professional service, making my clients happy, finding for them exactly what they want or even more then they could expect. If I do a good job, I will have good reputation and my clients will refer family, friends or colleagues. Moreover, they always will be excellent repeat customers in case if someday would like to sale or buy property again.
If I have a client who would like to sell a property, my job is to estimate the value of his home and....

...to find and show the best available houses on the market according to the client's criteria.

The most important part of my job is to provide excellent, high quality professional service...

If I do a good job, I will have a good reputation and my clients will refer family, friends or colleagues. Moreover, they always will be excellent repeat customers in case if someday would like to sell or buy property again.
I read that you are a real estate agent and have a question.
Do clients usually want to look at property on weekends?
Thanks, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:Teaching is great, but many teachers will argue that the pay isn't good enough :D
Kamal90 wrote:Hi Teacher, my current job is security officer. I serve with my community at any time.
My job requirements is to observe and report.Secondly I protect the clients property inside and outside of the property.
I make a specific patrols to specific locations. I love my job and helping my community, but the pay rate is not enough.
I expect to be a teacher at future. Since I know, teacher is not an easy job in United States in America. If you hit an student, you loose your job and your career too.
The teacher job is a professional job, which has more benefits, and the pay rate is good. When you work several years, you deserve to get promotion.
I dream in one Day, I will be a teacher.Thanks a lot, hear you soon.
I am a security officer. I serve my community at any time. my current job is security officer. My job requires me to observe and report.Secondly I protect the clients' property inside and outside of their homes.

...but the pay rate is not good enough.

I expect to be a teacher in the future. I know that being a teacher is not an easy job in the United States of America.

When you work several years, you deserve to get a promotion.

I dream that one Day, I will be a teacher.
Hi, I read that you want to be a teacher and I have a question.
What subject do you want to teach?
Thanks, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:Trying to figure out what people need sounds like a hard job :!:
Mataharis wrote:I'm a consultant. I work with technology solutions (software). If some company needs to know about any security software I try to understand what they really need and search the appropriate technology really make sense to offer them. After I presented the options, they ask me about manufactures contacts to follow the acquisition process. If I don't really understand what the company need, I couldn't offer the correct solution.
...I try to understand what they really need and search for the appropriate technology that really make sense to offer them. After I present the options, they ask me about the manufacturer's contact information to move forward with the acquisition process. If I don't really understand what the company needs, I couldn't offer the correct solution
Hello, I read that you are a consultant working with technology solutions.
Is security software your specialty?
Thanks, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:I might need your help :D
MEW wrote:I am a Web designer. My job involves creating a new Website for my company. The website helps clients to communicate us and resolve if they have any issues.
Also, clients can open an account, loans or they can report to us if they have stolen card.
This site will help clients to access their accounts 24/7.
We do have option clients can give feedback on the site, this will help us to improve for future use.
If we do not have proper Website we will lose clients and we may go out of business.
The website helps clients to communicate us so that we can resolve any issues they may have.
Also, clients can open an account, apply for loans or they can report a stolen card.
We do have an option for clients to give feedback on the site, this will help us to improve for future use.
If we do not have a proper Website we will lose clients and we may go out of business
Hi, I read that you are a Web designer and I have a question.
Do you also work on testing the Websites you design?
Thanks, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:That's important work.
dalan wrote:I'm a ESL classes student . In the future i would like to be a dialysis technician , because i like to help people and it's been one of my dreams . I would like to provide treatment for petient with kidney failure .
I'm an ESL student.
I would like to provide treatment for patients with kidney failure.
Hello, I read that you want to become a dialysis technician.
How long does it take to train for that job?
Thanks, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:Wow, great formal English. :D
Tibaijuka wrote:As an accountant my job involves budgeting, treasury management, and preparing all sorts of financial analysis and reports. Because we live in a dynamic world where resources are limited, budgeting helps my organisation to anticipate its future needs and to explore ways of meeting them in advance. If budgeting is done effectively, there will be fewer shocks than otherwise would occur. Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be most used productively and controlled. Having been approved, the budget functions as a monitoring and control tool, whereby actual results are compared with preset performance targets to determine variances.

Under treasury management, I ensure that the organisation maintains a proper balance between its cash needs, debtors, creditors , and inventory requirements. Therefore, in this role, I coordinate with many stakeholders both within and outside the company. I use many foresting models to arrive at an acceptable position.

Periodically, I also prepare analysis reports that help management to carry out their core functions of planning, control, and decision making.My role also requires that I produce financial statements ready for audit at the end of the financial year.
Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be most used productively and controlled. :arrow: Through budgeting, resources get allocated to areas where they will be used most productively (and controlled). I'm not sure what you mean by controlling resources - is this accounting jargon or is there another way to say it?

Therefore, in this role, I coordinate with many stakeholders both within and outside the company. I use many forecasting models to arrive at an acceptable position. :?: I think forecasting makes more sense but I'm not an accountant. My dad was though.
Hello, I read your job description and have a question.
Do you select the software tools used in your job?
Thanks, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:Teachers are the best :D
Kanwal wrote:I have done my graduate in maths,status and economics. Now I'm looking for a job as a teacher. This job involves not only teaching lessons to children but also involves transferring your creativity in students. Teacher is also responsible for developing their students character. If I'm able to do my work with honesty then my students will become a mature citizens of this society.

I have done my graduate degree in maths, statistics :?: and economics. Now I'm looking for a job as a teacher. This job involves not only teaching lessons to children but also involves transferring your creativity to your students. Teachers are also responsible for developing their students' character. If I'm able to do my work with honesty then my students will become mature citizens of this society.
Hi, I read that you are looking for a job as a teacher and I have a question.
What age children do you want to teach?
Thanks, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

Nousheen wrote:I am pretty school teacher I have around 24 students from different nation mostly are from USA and my Co workers are Spanish. I need to improve my English because in my job I want to create an ideas for students in different activities which I discuss with them but because of my week English I face problems. Some time i.can't understand some things how can I discuss with my Co workers and how can I explain my ideas with my students. Events like mother's day, national day etc how can I explain it and how can I write many points in paper works like incident report or accident report. Daily teacher communication book. So it's very important for me I have to improve my English.
I am very thankful to you
Hello, I read your job description and I have a question.
How young are your students?
Thanks, Eileen

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

rajani wrote:
James Trotta wrote:Please reply below with your job description. If you haven't taken the class yet, here it is: http://eslgo.com/classes/business/job-description.php
I am a software developer. I have one year experience in Blackberry mobile application development as well as platform independent mobile application development tools using PhoneGap.
My job includes writing code and testing application on the basis of different modules. Each module has a timeline and I have to complete modules in the given time limit. After completing each module I have to report my senior about its completion. While doing coding I may get help or ask my seniors.
Now a days I am learning Android and trying to develop a simple application.
This is all about my current job.
Hi, I read your job description and have a question.
How did you learn PhoneGap?
Thanks, Eileen

Tibaijuka

Post by Tibaijuka »

Dear Eileen,

The software used by the company was bought and installed long before I joined.

Joseph

honeypink

Post by honeypink »

I am workingbas a medical representative for 3 years now and my daily tasks as a medrep are to promote my product to my assigned physician and to generate sales to the market especially drugstores by means of promotion and daily coverage to my physician. We, also update them if there is an upcoming product to be launched in the market, we also tell them about the product's feture nd benefits to convince them to prescribe it to their patients. Then, ask them for feedbacks experienced by their patients.As a medical representative, we should visit our doctors consistently, by doing so, we can establish rapport and relationship that will help us to create more sales in the market.

My future job would be a esl teacher. I dreamed of become one of succesful esl teacher someday because for me it is a very challenging job. Aside from helping students to improve thier communication skills, i also improve as well.

rajani

Post by rajani »

etoneslgo wrote:
rajani wrote:
James Trotta wrote:Please reply below with your job description. If you haven't taken the class yet, here it is: http://eslgo.com/classes/business/job-description.php
I am a software developer. I have one year experience in Blackberry mobile application development as well as platform independent mobile application development tools using PhoneGap.
My job includes writing code and testing application on the basis of different modules. Each module has a timeline and I have to complete modules in the given time limit. After completing each module I have to report my senior about its completion. While doing coding I may get help or ask my seniors.
Now a days I am learning Android and trying to develop a simple application.
This is all about my current job.
Hi, I read your job description and have a question.
How did you learn PhoneGap?
Thanks, Eileen

rajani

Post by rajani »

I have studied and learnt PhoneGap and all other related topics like jQuery, html etc from internet. All these software tools have their own web sites which provides all the details for each topic with good examples.

One can also search for different forums based sites where students and developers share there ideas, queries and solutions.

Thanks & Regards
Rajani

etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

honeypink wrote:I am workingbas a medical representative for 3 years now and my daily tasks as a medrep are to promote my product to my assigned physician and to generate sales to the market especially drugstores by means of promotion and daily coverage to my physician. We, also update them if there is an upcoming product to be launched in the market, we also tell them about the product's feture nd benefits to convince them to prescribe it to their patients. Then, ask them for feedbacks experienced by their patients.As a medical representative, we should visit our doctors consistently, by doing so, we can establish rapport and relationship that will help us to create more sales in the market.

My future job would be a esl teacher. I dreamed of become one of succesful esl teacher someday because for me it is a very challenging job. Aside from helping students to improve thier communication skills, i also improve as well.
Hi, I read about your goal to be an ESL teacher and I have a question.
Do you think you would prefer to teach children or adults?
Thanks, Eileen