Describe your job or the job you want

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
phajello1701

Re: Describe your job or the job you want

Post by phajello1701 »

I work as an Internal Audit Assistant for a company. My job involves participating as an auditor in some audit missions. Audit missions mean surprise visit to control deficiency in all of the department of the company ( Human resources, Finance, Procurement, Administration ...). When the moment comes to audit those department, I send a mail to each manager respectively to let them know about the need to be audited. After that, I make surprise visit to control if rules are respected or if there are deficiency. If deficiency, I give recommendation to the concerned department to make them respect standard. I control the documentation of the Internal Audit Department. In this department, confidentiality is one of the first quality that is required to an auditor staff. At the end, I sometimes manage stock of office supplies, and submit request for some missing materials when needed.
etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

phajello1701 wrote:I work as an Internal Audit Assistant for a company. My job involves participating as an auditor in some audit missions. Audit missions mean surprise visit to control deficiency in all of the department of the company ( Human resources, Finance, Procurement, Administration ...). When the moment comes to audit those department, I send a mail to each manager respectively to let them know about the need to be audited. After that, I make surprise visit to control if rules are respected or if there are deficiency. If deficiency, I give recommendation to the concerned department to make them respect standard. I control the documentation of the Internal Audit Department. In this department, confidentiality is one of the first quality that is required to an auditor staff. At the end, I sometimes manage stock of office supplies, and submit request for some missing materials when needed.
Hello. I read that you are an Internal Audit Assistant and I have a question.
Do you need to travel to perform your duties?
Thanks, Eileen
anisacha

Post by anisacha »

I'm a chemical engineering student and in the future i want to be an engineer. my job -in the future- involves designing and develop chemical process to alter raw materials into the require products, designing plants include equipment, and make a product in a big scale. Chemical engineers work in producing energy, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, consumer goods, electronics, food, and paper.
Suzana

Post by Suzana »

I am moved and I am looking for the job now. In my country, I worked as the manager in HR. And before this job, I worked in administration doing invoices, making appointments, and all administration jobs.
My English is poor, also and my vocabulary, so I need to learn fast to be able to find a new job (prefer administration).
James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Hi :D
anisacha wrote:I'm a chemical engineering student and in the future i want to be an engineer. my job -in the future- involves designing and develop chemical process to alter raw materials into the require products, designing plants include equipment, and make a product in a big scale. Chemical engineers work in producing energy, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, consumer goods, electronics, food, and paper.
I'm a chemical engineering student and in the future i want to be an engineer. my job -in the future- involves designing and developing chemical processes to alter raw materials into the required products, designing plants including equipment, and making products on a big scale. Chemical engineers work in producing energy, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, electronics, food, and paper.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Hi :D
Suzana wrote:I am moved and I am looking for the job now. In my country, I worked as the manager in HR. And before this job, I worked in administration doing invoices, making appointments, and all administration jobs.
My English is poor, also and my vocabulary, so I need to learn fast to be able to find a new job (prefer administration).
I moved and I am looking for a job now. In my country, I worked as the manager in HR. And before this job, I worked in administration doing invoices, making appointments, and all administration jobs.

My English is poor, especially my vocabulary, so I need to learn fast to be able to find a new job (I prefer administration).
etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:Hi :D
anisacha wrote:I'm a chemical engineering student and in the future i want to be an engineer. my job -in the future- involves designing and develop chemical process to alter raw materials into the require products, designing plants include equipment, and make a product in a big scale. Chemical engineers work in producing energy, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, consumer goods, electronics, food, and paper.
I'm a chemical engineering student and in the future i want to be an engineer. my job -in the future- involves designing and developing chemical processes to alter raw materials into the required products, designing plants including equipment, and making products on a big scale. Chemical engineers work in producing energy, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, electronics, food, and paper.
Hello. I read that you are studying chemical engineering and I have a question.
Are you likely to work in a laboratory in your future job?
Thanks, Eileen
etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:Hi :D
Suzana wrote:I am moved and I am looking for the job now. In my country, I worked as the manager in HR. And before this job, I worked in administration doing invoices, making appointments, and all administration jobs.
I moved and I am looking for a job now. In my country, I worked as the manager in HR. And before this job, I worked in administration doing invoices, making appointments, and all administration jobs.

My English is poor, especially my vocabulary, so I need to learn fast to be able to find a new job (I prefer administration).
Hi, I read that you want a job in administration and I have a question.
Is spreadsheet software required for the type of job you want?
Thanks, Eileen
Alida Cruz

Post by Alida Cruz »

I work as a CNA I like my job is delicate cause I need to be careful with everything I do. They are human lives
the person working with those cases need to be compassionate,empathetic, sensitive to the person's condition
I do differents activities with them following a care plan, wich is different from one client to the other.
Bassically is remain the client safe and comfortable,most are activities of dayli living,as feed them assist
with showers,depend of the clients needs.Every day is a challenge and giving us personal satisfaction because we can see
we are doing the difference.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

I like ESL teachers :D
honeypink wrote:I am workingbas a medical representative for 3 years now and my daily tasks as a medrep are to promote my product to my assigned physician and to generate sales to the market especially drugstores by means of promotion and daily coverage to my physician. We, also update them if there is an upcoming product to be launched in the market, we also tell them about the product's feture nd benefits to convince them to prescribe it to their patients. Then, ask them for feedbacks experienced by their patients.As a medical representative, we should visit our doctors consistently, by doing so, we can establish rapport and relationship that will help us to create more sales in the market.

My future job would be a esl teacher. I dreamed of become one of succesful esl teacher someday because for me it is a very challenging job. Aside from helping students to improve thier communication skills, i also improve as well.
I have been working as a medical representative for 3 years now and my daily tasks as a medrep are to promote my product to my assigned physician and to generate sales to the market especially drugstores by means of promotion and daily contact with my physician. We, also update them if there is an upcoming product to be launched in the market, we also tell them about the product's features and benefits to convince them to prescribe it to their patients. Then, I ask them for feedback regarding their patients' experiences. As a medical representative, we should visit our doctors consistently, by doing so, we can establish rapport and relationship that will help us to create more sales.

My future job would be an esl teacher. I dreamed of becoming a successful esl teacher someday because for me it is a very challenging job. Aside from helping students to improve thier communication skills, i also improve as well.

:arrow: I changed daily coverage with your physician to daily contact. What you said may be correct in your field. I just don't know.
:arrow: using "in the market" once is fine, but using it too often starts to sound like an error. That's why I changed the last sentence of the first paragraph.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Nousheen wrote:I am pretty school teacher I have around 24 students from different nation mostly are from USA and my Co workers are Spanish. I need to improve my English because in my job I want to create an ideas for students in different activities which I discuss with them but because of my week English I face problems. Some time i.can't understand some things how can I discuss with my Co workers and how can I explain my ideas with my students. Events like mother's day, national day etc how can I explain it and how can I write many points in paper works like incident report or accident report. Daily teacher communication book. So it's very important for me I have to improve my English.
I am very thankful to you
I have around 24 students from different nations. Most of them are from the USA and my coworkers are Spanish. I need to improve my English because in my job I want to create ideas for students in different activities which I discuss with them but because of my weak English I face problems. Sometimes I can't understand some things - how can I discuss with my Coworkers and how can I explain my ideas with my students? Events like mother's day, national day etc. How can I explain them and how can I write clearly when I do paperwork like incident reports or accident reports. Daily teacher communication book :?: . So it's very important for me to improve my English.

What do you mean by pretty school teacher :?:
76sun0909

Post by 76sun0909 »

I had worked almost 6years as a nurse in korea after graduation of nursing school. I had immigrated into the United State of America with my husband who wanted to study social worker at graudate shool.I have stayed home taking care of childern as a housewife since I moved to America. Now I want to be a nurse who can take care of sick people,which i did it before in korea.First of all, I am struggling to improve my English to communicate with patients, all family members and coworkers. if I am a nurse, I will help people get better. second, I am going to major science of nursing at graudate school to have more knowledges. I wish that my dream comes true someday.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

Alida Cruz wrote:I work as a CNA I like my job is delicate cause I need to be careful with everything I do. They are human lives
the person working with those cases need to be compassionate,empathetic, sensitive to the person's condition
I do differents activities with them following a care plan, wich is different from one client to the other.
Bassically is remain the client safe and comfortable,most are activities of dayli living,as feed them assist
with showers,depend of the clients needs.Every day is a challenge and giving us personal satisfaction because we can see
I work as a CNA I like my job. My job is delicate cause I need to be careful with everything I do. There are human lives depending on me. Someone working with those cases needs to be compassionate,empathetic, and sensitive to the person's condition. I do different activities with them following a care plan, which is different from one client to the other. Basically I keep the client safe and comfortable. Mostly I help with activities for daily living, such as feeding them assisting with showers, depending on the clients needs.Every day is a challenge and gives us personal satisfaction because we can see we are making a difference.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta »

76sun0909 wrote:I had worked almost 6years as a nurse in korea after graduation of nursing school. I had immigrated into the United State of America with my husband who wanted to study social worker at graudate shool.I have stayed home taking care of childern as a housewife since I moved to America. Now I want to be a nurse who can take care of sick people,which i did it before in korea.First of all, I am struggling to improve my English to communicate with patients, all family members and coworkers. if I am a nurse, I will help people get better. second, I am going to major science of nursing at graudate school to have more knowledges. I wish that my dream comes true someday.

I worked almost 6years as a nurse in korea after graduating from nursing school. I immigrated to the United State of America with my husband who wanted to study social work in graudate shool.I have stayed home taking care of childern as a housewife since I moved to America. Now I want to be a nurse who can take care of sick people,which i did before in korea.First of all, I am struggling to improve my English to communicate with patients, their family members and coworkers. if I am a nurse, I will help people get better. second, I am going to major in the science of nursing at graudate school to have more knowledge. I hope that my dream comes true someday

:arrow: To use past perfect (had worked, had immigrated) talk about something in the past simple and something before that: Before I immigrated to the US, I had worked as a nurse in Korea.
etoneslgo

Post by etoneslgo »

James Trotta wrote:
Alida Cruz wrote:I work as a CNA I like my job is delicate cause I need to be careful with everything I do. They are human lives
I work as a CNA I like my job. My job is delicate cause I need to be careful with everything I do. There are human lives depending on me. Someone working with those cases needs to be compassionate,empathetic, and sensitive to the person's condition. I do different activities with them following a care plan, which is different from one client to the other. Basically I keep the client safe and comfortable. Mostly I help with activities for daily living, such as feeding them assisting with showers, depending on the clients needs.Every day is a challenge and gives us personal satisfaction because we can see we are making a difference.
Hello, I read about your job as a CNA and have a question.
How many clients do you usually work with each week?
Thanks, Eileen