Tell us about your future career plans

English vocabulary used to talk about economics and business.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Tell us about your future career plans

Post by James Trotta » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Please reply to this thread with your future career plans. Your post can be an answer to a common interview question like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Nousheen

Re: Tell us about your future career plans

Post by Nousheen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:12 am

First of all I Thanks James for helping me for improving my English and give me assignments .Its the first time I write different topics .My future plans is I will improve my speaking power that helps to get a better jobs because if you speak frequently then you get good job opportunities and you will do different short courses which help your life getting better .So please you give me more assessments for helping to improve my English.

Tibaijuka

Post by Tibaijuka » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Dear Trotta,

For me, I am looking forward to retirement since I'm left with a few years of formal employment. In nine year's time, I will be selling timber because ,three years ago, I started planting trees that will mature by 2025. To understand the timber industry, I need to begin conducting research on it. This will equip me with knowledge of the timber value chain. Funds permitting, I plan to engage in other agricultural enterprises such as poultry. Right now, I am concentrating on seeing my children through university while continuing to plant more trees.

Of course, I will carry on studying to improve my English. I intend to make it a life long endeavor.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:15 am

I will try to design some more classes :D
Nousheen wrote:First of all I Thanks James for helping me for improving my English and give me assignments .Its the first time I write different topics .My future plans is I will improve my speaking power that helps to get a better jobs because if you speak frequently then you get good job opportunities and you will do different short courses which help your life getting better .So please you give me more assessments for helping to improve my English.

My future plan is to improve my speaking proficiency. That will help me get a better jobs because if you speak fluently :?: then you get good job opportunities and you will do different short courses which help make your life better .So please give me more assignments for helping to improve my English.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:19 am

Sounds like a busy retirement :D
Tibaijuka wrote:Dear Trotta,

For me, I am looking forward to retirement since I'm left with a few years of formal employment. In nine year's time, I will be selling timber because ,three years ago, I started planting trees that will mature by 2025. To understand the timber industry, I need to begin conducting research on it. This will equip me with knowledge of the timber value chain. Funds permitting, I plan to engage in other agricultural enterprises such as poultry. Right now, I am concentrating on seeing my children through university while continuing to plant more trees.

Of course, I will carry on studying to improve my English. I intend to make it a life long endeavor.

For me, I am looking forward to retirement since I'm left with a few years of formal employment. In nine years' time, I will be selling timber because three years ago, I started planting trees that will mature by 2025. To understand the timber industry, I need to begin conducting research on it. This will equip me with knowledge of the timber value chain. Funds permitting, I plan to engage in other agricultural enterprises such as poultry. Right now, I am concentrating on seeing my children through university while continuing to plant more trees.

:arrow: I think you can also say nine years time without the apostrophe

jai15

Post by jai15 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi James,
The first thing, which I want to tell you, is “Don’t forget to inform me when you start the second ESL writing class.” because I am eagerly waiting for our another writing section. The next thing is I really really want you to thank whole heartedly for your assignments and valuable feedback.
As I said in the earlier assignments I would like to earn my Master degree in US.I have started my study plan in order to reach my goal but still I have to cope with some things that I really need to improve.
For getting good scores in speaking section of TOEFL, I need to begin speaking English with native English speakers. Unfortunately, I don’t have a English speaking friend in US. James I really need your help here. I please you to accept me as your friend :D and suggest some English speaking organizations or classes for Nonnative English speakers like me. Besides speaking, I have to focus on listening and writing. Every day I dedicate some time for listening English conversations and lectures. And I think I have to put more efforts to improve my writing strategies. Again James, I am gratified you provide the answer for the following questions. You have corrected my assignments which have been submitted to you. According to your view
1.what are things I should consider during writing?
2.How to limit my errors? especially How to use the propositions correctly?
3.How to write more efficiently, fluently and clearly?
In addition to TOEFL exams, I need to prepare for GRE also. But I go with the quote “one thing at a time.” First I wish to do the TOEFL exam well and then I will start to prepare for GRE. If I get good scores in both exams in this year, I will have joined one of the best colleges in Columbus by this time.
By 2023 I will be working as either a computer science professor at University or System Architecture in MNC. The primary thing, I should improve, is My communication. Even though I speak and write in English language, still I need to enhance my quality of English writing and speaking. By 2020 I shall overcome my drawbacks and I will be a very good English speaker.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:16 am

You're welcome. And sure I will let you know about the next class :D
jai15 wrote:Hi James,
The first thing, which I want to tell you, is “Don’t forget to inform me when you start the second ESL writing class.” because I am eagerly waiting for our another writing section. The next thing is I really really want you to thank whole heartedly for your assignments and valuable feedback.
As I said in the earlier assignments I would like to earn my Master degree in US.I have started my study plan in order to reach my goal but still I have to cope with some things that I really need to improve.
For getting good scores in speaking section of TOEFL, I need to begin speaking English with native English speakers. Unfortunately, I don’t have a English speaking friend in US. James I really need your help here. I please you to accept me as your friend :D and suggest some English speaking organizations or classes for Nonnative English speakers like me. Besides speaking, I have to focus on listening and writing. Every day I dedicate some time for listening English conversations and lectures. And I think I have to put more efforts to improve my writing strategies. Again James, I am gratified you provide the answer for the following questions. You have corrected my assignments which have been submitted to you. According to your view
2.How to limit my errors? especially How to use the propositions correctly?
In addition to TOEFL exams, I need to prepare for GRE also. But I go with the quote “one thing at a time.” First I wish to do the TOEFL exam well and then I will start to prepare for GRE. If I get good scores in both exams in this year, I will have joined one of the best colleges in Columbus by this time.
By 2023 I will be working as either a computer science professor at University or System Architecture in MNC. The primary thing, I should improve, is My communication. Even though I speak and write in English language, still I need to enhance my quality of English writing and speaking. By 2020 I shall overcome my drawbacks and I will be a very good English speaker.

As I said in the earlier assignments I would like to earn my Master degree in US. I have started my study plan in order to reach my goal but still I have to cope with some things that I really need to improve.

For getting good scores in the speaking section of the TOEFL, I need to begin speaking English with native English speakers. Unfortunately, I don’t have an English speaking friend in US. James I really need your help here. please accept me as your friend :D and suggest some English speaking organizations or classes for Nonnative English speakers like me. Besides speaking, I have to focus on listening and writing. Every day I dedicate some time for listening to English conversations and lectures. And I think I have to put more effort into improving my writing strategies. Again James, I would be gratified if you provide answers for the following questions. You have corrected my assignments which have been submitted to you. According to your view
2.How to limit my errors? especially How to use the pre :?: positions correctly?
In addition to TOEFL exams, I need to prepare for the GRE also. But I go with the quote “one thing at a time.” First I wish to do the TOEFL exam well and then I will start to prepare for the GRE. If I get good scores in both exams this year, I will have joined one of the best colleges in Columbus by this time next year. :arrow: Nice future perfect.

By 2023 I will be working as either a computer science professor at University or a System Architecture in MNC. The primary thing I should improve, is My communication. Even though I speak and write in English language, still I need to enhance my quality of English writing and speaking. By 2020 I shall overcome my drawbacks and I will be a very good English speaker

:arrow: To answer your questions (sort of) starting with the third question, the only way to improve your writing is to practice writing. Limiting errors is a tough one. First, all learners make errors. They have to because errors are part of the learning process. As you advance, you might make even more errors (but they will be more complex). To start eliminating them, you need feedback from someone like me. You get some during the free class here but providing this feedback takes a while and it's hard to find free classes that provide error correction. Do you know of any others?

While writing, the thing to consider is how to convey your message. Usually that means using good writing strategies. This can be a complex topic - maybe I will make a class about writing strategies :idea:

Naimah

Post by Naimah » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi james,

I'm so sorry. I'm writing my assignment after August 31.
My future plan is first I want to go back to school. I want to improve my English especial my writing. After I finish English I want to go college I always wanted to be a clothes designer. I love to design my own clothes. And I also want to study business management.

Thank you so much for giving my these lessons, and also I love to participate your next classes.

MEW

Post by MEW » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:21 am

After graduating from college, I would like to work for a technology company by 2020. My weakness I need to overcome writing. I am still unsure how to accomplish my big issue. I wish overnight I can accomplish this.