Intercultural wedding experience

Share your thoughts on various discussion topics. Think of this as a conversation class where you can talk freely and practice your English fluency.
(103) Yujin,Shin

Intercultural wedding experience

Post by (103) Yujin,Shin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:19 am

My cousin got married with English guy several years ago in Korea, it was so nice experience for me and i think for all of guest there.
The couple, they both lived in London and came to Korea for their wedding.
Groom's family lived in New Zealand and bride's - my cousin- family we lived in Korea. Groom's family wanted to visit Korea and have wedding here so we invited them in here.
His family, it was about 40 people, all landed asian land for wedding and married couple's friend from London visited Korea celebrate newly-married couple.
That was most impressive thing. I never imagine i am going somewhere far for my friend's wedding even less than three hours flight, I simply never thought about that.
But all of them get a holiday from there work and organizing everything for just their friend's wedding. It might be other chance for traveling but as i said i just never thought about that so it shocked me.
Even more it was first time for me to see lot of foreign by once !
The wedding was mixed Korean way and western's so it took almost a day for drinking and dancing also Groom's family really enjoyed pyebaek which is Korean traditional ceremony.
Intercultural wedding experience for me was like a long party.