Battlefield tourism (the Sangju Battle)

Where have you been? Where are you going? This is the place for talking about chapters 1. 3, & 7 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students.
(Aplus)BaeDaeHyun

Battlefield tourism (the Sangju Battle)

Post by (Aplus)BaeDaeHyun » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:58 am

Do you know the Sangju Battle ?
The Sangju Battle was the incident triggered during Imjinwaeran .
About that time , our ancestors attacked by Japanese all died .
This was the important incident , because it first cause the royal forces cooperating with the army in the cause of justice against Japanese .
It was described as the model in the Sangju museum in detail .

How do you think about the model ?
Imagine the situation that our ancestors passed away , and you will also feel sorrowful like me , don`t you ?
I wonder if you think about it .

A+bakyeoeul

Re: Battlefield tourism (the Sangju Battle)

Post by A+bakyeoeul » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:33 pm

First of all, thank you for letting me learn the fact that there was such incident.
I think it's more than sad. It bears lessons just as other historical events do.. And, not surprisingly, the causes-and-effects, too, that are quite typical considering the situation back then.
I briefly googled it and found a blog that explains the reasons why Joseon got lost in the battle.. which is helpful.

http://blog.naver.com/un0407?Redirect=L ... 0126346997

(Aplus)Yohanjang

Post by (Aplus)Yohanjang » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Thank you for your recommendation of the blog... That blog is very useful
I learned a lot of things about Sanju Battle
It's not a battle that we won..
However, I think this battle is very important and meaningful In terms of lessons we could get from that.
Personally, I recognized how the military service is important.
If everybody try to be exempted from military service like what happened in the war, we would lose our country..
There are no people without a country. in order to protect our country, we need to do what we can do..

lastly, I think if we could get lessons from a battle field or a battle, that war would be very meaningful, although it's defeated war.
therefore, we should think about all histories regardless of the results, and we could know what our acnestor try to protect

(103)ChoSunhee

Post by (103)ChoSunhee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:06 pm

I pretty much agree with the person above.
The good thing is that now I know what Sangju Battle is.
And the problem is this that there are many places and historical events that ought to be remembered yet known to only few.
Therefore, I think advertising and developing such places to be known should be done first whether it is commercial or not.
Also, I find it uncomfortable to put "commercial" with battlefield tourism although it might seem like that to some people because it feels like insulting the place, the project, and the whole people visiting there.

(Aplus)BaeDaeHyun

Post by (Aplus)BaeDaeHyun » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 am

A+bakyeoeul wrote:First of all, thank you for letting me learn the fact that there was such incident.
I think it's more than sad. It bears lessons just as other historical events do.. And, not surprisingly, the causes-and-effects, too, that are quite typical considering the situation back then.
I briefly googled it and found a blog that explains the reasons why Joseon got lost in the battle.. which is helpful.

http://blog.naver.com/un0407?Redirect=L ... 0126346997

Thank you for both your comment and praise. Also, You feel so sad like me. Besides, you found the information about this battle in the blog.
I`m surprised at your exertion, but to my regret, this blog`s contents is limited to their friends.
See you.

(Aplus)BaeDaeHyun

Post by (Aplus)BaeDaeHyun » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:58 am

(Aplus)Yohanjang wrote:Thank you for your recommendation of the blog... That blog is very useful
I learned a lot of things about Sanju Battle
It's not a battle that we won..
However, I think this battle is very important and meaningful In terms of lessons we could get from that.
Personally, I recognized how the military service is important.
If everybody try to be exempted from military service like what happened in the war, we would lose our country..
There are no people without a country. in order to protect our country, we need to do what we can do..

lastly, I think if we could get lessons from a battle field or a battle, that war would be very meaningful, although it's defeated war.
therefore, we should think about all histories regardless of the results, and we could know what our acnestor try to protect

Oh! I think so, too. Do you know the famous saying, "Failure teaches success"? In this case, this saying is really suitable.
It is necessary that all histories be remembered by our memory.
Though it may be just in my opinion, at least I agree with you.
Thank you.

(Aplus)BaeDaeHyun

Post by (Aplus)BaeDaeHyun » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 am

(103)ChoSunhee wrote:I pretty much agree with the person above.
The good thing is that now I know what Sangju Battle is.
And the problem is this that there are many places and historical events that ought to be remembered yet known to only few.
Therefore, I think advertising and developing such places to be known should be done first whether it is commercial or not.
Also, I find it uncomfortable to put "commercial" with battlefield tourism although it might seem like that to some people because it feels like insulting the place, the project, and the whole people visiting there.
That sounds great.
I have the respect for your mind. Especially, "advertising and developing such places to be known should be done first whether it is commercial or not."
I am free oneself from a narrow viewpoint that if this place is used commercially, disadvantages like the environmental pollution will exist in this place because of your sentence.
Thank you for your opinion.