Where is the most beautiful ocean in Korea?

Where have you been? Where are you going? This is the place for talking about chapters 1. 3, & 7 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students.
(apple) ohseunghyun

Where is the most beautiful ocean in Korea?

Post by (apple) ohseunghyun » Mon May 14, 2012 8:46 am

We still have a long way to go for the summer vacation, though.

These days we are having the perfect weather, so many places to visit for my vacation are popping up to my mind.

On top of every places, the beautiful sea shores (beaches) around the Korean peninsula distracts me from my concentration on the study. (I believe many class mates would feel the same way as i do :) )

So, stopping myself daydreaming during the lecture, I'd like to propose vote for "where is the most beautiful ocean in Korea."

I'm going to start first. It is safe to say that Oeido Island located in Geoje city is the best.

Please, reply it for fun, and share your idea for 'summer vacance' :)

(101)minkyungshin

Re: Where is the most beautiful ocean in Korea?

Post by (101)minkyungshin » Mon May 21, 2012 3:50 pm

almost every summer thru my whole life, my family and i go to same beach!
it is called 'Jookdo' beach, yang-yang, kangwondo.

this beach is not popular at all so even during the 'pick-vacation' season,
you could enjoy east sea's deep blue sea and soft sands.

in upcoming summer, i definately will go there again!

(107)YeeunKim

Post by (107)YeeunKim » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:30 pm

For me the most beautiful ocean in Korea that i've visited was near 'Kyungju" city. I remember the trip to Kyungju, in Kyoungsang province with some of my friends last summer.It takes an hour by intercity bus to get there, but i found that the sea is pretty intact, peaceful and calm. From a distance we could see the red lighthouse, and the beautiful scenery of the wide sea. We went around the beach by bicycle which we borrowed from the rental shops in guesthouse. I would never forget the time i've visited there and i hope i can visit again this summer with my family .

(101)Limseounghoon

Post by (101)Limseounghoon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:03 pm

I think this quetion is quiet contraversial. anyway, In my opinion, the East sea is most beautiful ocean in korea. There are two reasons. First, We can see sunrising at the East sea. Second, A color of the East sea is very clear, compare to other seas. You can clearly know this by name of other sea-the Yellow sea-. Therefore, I think the East sea is the best for beauty.

(102)TaeHyeon Lee

Post by (102)TaeHyeon Lee » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:14 pm

My best beautiful beach is Geogumdo(Goheung, Jeollanam-do).
Not long ago, People had to ride a boat to go to the island. but The bridge was built lately, so People can go to the island in a car.
The beach is tranquil and the water is clean.above all, Food is very delicious.

(102) Youngju Song

Post by (102) Youngju Song » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:24 am

Last year, my family and I visited Jeju Island, The weather was quite warm though we went there in winter and the air was so fresh.
We visited Hyeopjae Beach which is the most popular beach resort in Jeju. The water is so clean that the beach seems transparent.
Also there are lots of great restaurants and hotels near the beach because it is a sight spot.