Describe your travel experience here

Where have you been? Where are you going? This is the place for talking about chapters 1. 3, & 7 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students.
James Trotta
Site Admin

Describe your travel experience here

Post by James Trotta » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:41 am

You can describe a vacation or a business trip. You can do both if you want extra practice.

Tianna

Re: Describe your travel experience here

Post by Tianna » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:46 pm

I never have travel experience, so I really don't know how to write down, please skip it and give me another topic.

Naimah

Post by Naimah » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:49 am

Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I'm already improving my writing and my grammar.
I love traveling in different countries. In 2011 I visited my siblings they live different countries. I went to UK, Denmark and Belgium. When I was in UK I visited London Eye I had a lot of fun with my sister and her kids.
One time I was traveling Seattle to milwaukee, Wisconsin. My flight was boarding at 9:25AM, so I have ro leave early. My sister said to me can you please drop off Amiin at the school, and I'm little bit late I said sure. I was driving my sister's car. I dropped of my nephew at the school. When I reached the airport it's already 8:20Aam. I was traveling with my ten months old baby at that time he was six months old, so I was carrying on my chest. After One hour I reached security check. When I went to the gate, my baby was hungry I have to feed him. I sat at chairs, when I was setting five minutes I ask a man why the gate is so empty he said the flight was boarded. I can see outside the flight was there maybe they were closing the doors. I want to the customer service and they told me there is no another flight leaving today you have to come back to more morning again at the same time. Thanks god they didn't charge me. next day I came and I reached my flight. After one month my sister call me and she told me I have a traffic ticket :o.

Tibaijuka

Post by Tibaijuka » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Back in 2004, I took my first trip abroad to South Africa with a workmate, an experienced traveler. I didn't have a passport then, so I had to get one first. Because I was travelling on company business, my employer facilitated the processing of my passport. Within a week, the passport was ready. After processing the passport, the next hurdle is obtaining a visa. So I and my colleague apply for a visa to the South African consulate in Kampala. Luckily, the consulate grants us the visas without question. Thereafter, we get ready to travel.

A week later we board a Kenya Airways plane to Cape town. The weather being fine, we traveled and arrived safely. While there, we visited many game parks including Kluger, the biggest. Mr. Mel, our host and tour guide, took us to several other places of historical significance, among them Cape of Good Hope. Mel's family accorded us immense hospitality throughout the visit.

Little did I know then, that this trip was the beginning of many more journeys to come. After leaving South Africa, I have moved to many places around the globe, with each trip providing me a unique experience.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:01 pm

A travel experience doesn't have to be a huge trip. It could be going to a friend's house or going to a relative's house. It could be going on a picnic or driving to a restaurant. But, you can also write about some place you would like to visit.
Tianna wrote:I never have travel experience, so I really don't know how to write down, please skip it and give me another topic.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:14 pm

You're welcome :D
Naimah wrote:Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I'm already improving my writing and my grammar.
I love traveling in different countries. In 2011 I visited my siblings they live different countries. I went to UK, Denmark and Belgium. When I was in UK I visited London Eye I had a lot of fun with my sister and her kids.
One time I was traveling Seattle to milwaukee, Wisconsin. My flight was boarding at 9:25AM, so I have ro leave early. My sister said to me can you please drop off Amiin at the school, and I'm little bit late I said sure. I was driving my sister's car. I dropped of my nephew at the school. When I reached the airport it's already 8:20Aam. I was traveling with my ten months old baby at that time he was six months old, so I was carrying on my chest. After One hour I reached security check. When I went to the gate, my baby was hungry I have to feed him. I sat at chairs, when I was setting five minutes I ask a man why the gate is so empty he said the flight was boarded. I can see outside the flight was there maybe they were closing the doors. I want to the customer service and they told me there is no another flight leaving today you have to come back to more morning again at the same time. Thanks god they didn't charge me. next day I came and I reached my flight. After one month my sister call me and she told me I have a traffic ticket :o.
I love traveling to different countries. In 2011 I visited my siblings who live in different countries. I went to the UK, Denmark and Belgium. When I was in the UK I visited the London Eye. I had a lot of fun with my sister and her kids.

One time I was traveling from Seattle to milwaukee, Wisconsin. My flight was boarding at 9:25AM, so I had to leave early. My sister said to me can you please drop off Amiin at the school. I was a little bit latebut I said sure. I was driving my sister's car. I dropped of my nephew at the school. When I reached the airport it was already 8:20Aam. I was traveling with my baby who at that time was six months old, so I was carrying him on my chest. After One hour I reached security check. When I went to the gate, my baby was hungry so I had to feed him. After sitting for five minutes I asked a man why the gate is so empty. He said the flight was boarded. I can see the plane outside. maybe they were closing the doors. I went to the customer service and they told me there is not another flight leaving today you have to come back to more morning again at the same time. Thank god they didn't charge me. The next day I came and I reached my flight. After one month my sister called me and she told me I have a traffic ticket.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Good description :D
Tibaijuka wrote:Back in 2004, I took my first trip abroad to South Africa with a workmate, an experienced traveler. I didn't have a passport then, so I had to get one first. Because I was travelling on company business, my employer facilitated the processing of my passport. Within a week, the passport was ready. After processing the passport, the next hurdle is obtaining a visa. So I and my colleague apply for a visa to the South African consulate in Kampala. Luckily, the consulate grants us the visas without question. Thereafter, we get ready to travel.

A week later we board a Kenya Airways plane to Cape town. The weather being fine, we traveled and arrived safely. While there, we visited many game parks including Kluger, the biggest. Mr. Mel, our host and tour guide, took us to several other places of historical significance, among them Cape of Good Hope. Mel's family accorded us immense hospitality throughout the visit.

Little did I know then, that this trip was the beginning of many more journeys to come. After leaving South Africa, I have moved to many places around the globe, with each trip providing me a unique experience.

Back in 2004, I took my first trip abroad to South Africa with a colleague, an experienced traveler. I didn't have a passport then, so I had to get one first. Because I was travelling on company business, my employer facilitated the processing of my passport. Within a week, the passport was ready. After processing the passport, the next hurdle is obtaining a visa. So my colleague and I apply for a visa to the South African consulate in Kampala. Luckily, the consulate grants us the visas without question. Thereafter, we get ready to travel.

Little did I know then, that this trip was the first of many more journeys to come. After leaving South Africa, I have been to many places around the globe, with each trip providing me a unique experience.

misslarios

Post by misslarios » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:53 pm

Hello !
Traveling is Fun ! During the summer I did a lot of travelling back and forth. I visited Guatemala and Nicaragua. Let me start by describing my trip to Guatemala. It wasn't something I had planed ahead of time. It just happens thanks God. My cousin and her boyfriend were coming to visit some of his relatives during the 4th of July weekend. I traveled from El Salvador to Guatemala by bus it took us around 4 hours. It was fun riding on the bus. My aunt, three nephews and my other cousin came along. It was just awesome. The bus had wiffi service so we could be up to date on social media . lol !
Then right after coming back from Guatemala. I got a message on my phone that there was room for my cousin and me to join the Nicaragua missionary crew that was going there during mid of July. We booked our fly tickets to Nicaragua. This was Awesome. It took us 45 to get to the airport . Another 15 minutes to do customs and probably 20 minutes to wait until we could board the plane for a flight that it last only 30 minutes to get there. Lol !! It was fun. I hate when the plane is taking off. It feels like my soul is literally leaving my body !!! I was sooooo scared. I just hold my cousin's hand and closed my eyes until the plane settles. The fun part is that when I feel that the plane has settled it was now time to land ! lol but I don't have a problem landing. I love it !! I just enjoy traveling. Every trip is jut absolutely Awesome and sometimes ackward too !

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:21 am

Two places I want to go :D
misslarios wrote:Hello !
Traveling is Fun ! During the summer I did a lot of travelling back and forth. I visited Guatemala and Nicaragua. Let me start by describing my trip to Guatemala. It wasn't something I had planed ahead of time. It just happens thanks God. My cousin and her boyfriend were coming to visit some of his relatives during the 4th of July weekend. I traveled from El Salvador to Guatemala by bus it took us around 4 hours. It was fun riding on the bus. My aunt, three nephews and my other cousin came along. It was just awesome. The bus had wiffi service so we could be up to date on social media . lol !
Then right after coming back from Guatemala. I got a message on my phone that there was room for my cousin and me to join the Nicaragua missionary crew that was going there during mid of July. We booked our fly tickets to Nicaragua. This was Awesome. It took us 45 to get to the airport . Another 15 minutes to do customs and probably 20 minutes to wait until we could board the plane for a flight that it last only 30 minutes to get there. Lol !! It was fun. I hate when the plane is taking off. It feels like my soul is literally leaving my body !!! I was sooooo scared. I just hold my cousin's hand and closed my eyes until the plane settles. The fun part is that when I feel that the plane has settled it was now time to land ! lol but I don't have a problem landing. I love it !! I just enjoy traveling. Every trip is jut absolutely Awesome and sometimes ackward too !
During the summer I did a lot of travelling. I visited Guatemala and Nicaragua. Let me start by describing my trip to Guatemala. It wasn't something I had planed ahead of time. It just happened thanks to God. My cousin and her boyfriend were coming to visit some of his relatives during the 4th of July weekend. I traveled from El Salvador to Guatemala by bus. It us around 4 hours. It was fun riding on the bus. My aunt, three nephews and my other cousin came along. It was just awesome. The bus had wifi service so we could be up to date on social media . lol !

Then right after coming back from Guatemala. I got a message on my phone that there was room for my cousin and me to join the Nicaragua missionary crew that was going there during mid July. We booked our flight tickets to Nicaragua. This was Awesome. It took us 45 minutes :?: to get to the airport . Another 15 minutes to do customs and probably 20 minutes to wait until we could board the plane for a 30 minute flight. Lol !! It was fun. I hate when the plane is taking off. It feels like my soul is literally leaving my body !!! I was sooooo scared. I just held my cousin's hand and closed my eyes until the plane settled. The fun part is that when I feel that the plane has settled it is now time to land ! lol but I don't have a problem landing. I love it !! I just enjoy traveling. Every trip is just absolutely Awesome and sometimes awkward too

Great work on this assignment. Note that when we switch tense - we don't usually do it in a sentence like this one: I just held my cousin's hand and closed my eyes until the plane settled

jai15

Post by jai15 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:40 pm

Hey James,
Thank you for your fourth assignment.Because of your assignments I improve my writing strategy and correct my errors apparently.
Thanks a lot James.
Sharing our travel experience might be helpful to others.In this world
people make travel for different purposes and they may earn different kinds of experiences and exposures.
I too have traveled for some reasons.Recently we visited Niagara falls which is the largest waterfall in the world.
It was a sudden plan change to New York. We were supposed to go to Chicago for spending my husband's three days holiday.But as usual
his project work swallowed two days.We had left with only one day.So we changed his plan to new York and our neighbor family
who are also Indians joined with us.We planned to start at early morning and return back at night..
But I under estimated about my son's current mood.Because we came to US from India just two weeks before.

Indian's life style is some what different from American's life style.They have neither carpet floor nor snows,no car seats for kids,and
very less usage of strollers .Especially In India My kid is surrounded with his enlarged family.But here me and my husband
only.when my husband goes to the office he spends more time with me only..I should have minded this factors before planning
a trip.But I missed.

So as per the plan,We had started our trip in the morning around 6 am, when my boy slept.An hour passed he woke up and he started to cry.
we took an exit and fed his breakfast.After having our breakfast,we got into the car but he refused to sit on the car seat.when we forced to
put him on the seat he cried utmost.As a result, we took frequent exits to console him.This made our travelling very tired and distressed.

After all the tragedies we reached our destination at 2 pm.We are invited with fresh air of Newyork city.During the long weekend holidays
getting a parking lot in a crowded area is a very big deal.Luckily we got a parking lot near the falls.After we had our lunch We had started
to walk towards ticket counter to get the tickets for Maid of mist.Here my second trouble started on.My son accepted neither to sit on the stroller nor go with others.I only had to carry him where ever we went.Because At that time no one was familiar to him and the long journey also made him very tired.

Then we got the tickets and we are directed to the line to the Maid of Mist.Really the cool air and water sprays made us feel relaxed.
In spite of tiredness My son enjoyed the boat riding a lot.when the boat sailed near the falls,it was felt like we were in island. the rainbows,
water shower aboard the Maid of Mist,and 600,000 gallons of water falling right before our eyes ,They all gave an amazing experience.

Once we came from the maid of mist we all got refreshed. My son,He too started to play in the park.We were just wandering around the river until 6 PM. Then we started our journey towards our home. spectacularly he fell into a deep sleep when the car moved on.I think because of tiredness. When he woke up he was at home.Finally we both(My son and I) needed two days rest to get into our routine life.

Of course, back to back travel in a car with a baby is very difficult but at-least I learnt a lesson,Before making any plans to long trip,I have to Make sure whether my baby get ready to his trip or not.Especially Emigrants who came to US with kids should train their kids to be seated in their car seat and stroller before planing to any trips.
It is my kind advise.

Thanks!

Tariku

Post by Tariku » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:16 pm

I am reading a book
I am watching move
I am walking on the rod every day

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:21 pm

You're welcome :D
jai15 wrote:Hey James,
Thank you for your fourth assignment.Because of your assignments I improve my writing strategy and correct my errors apparently.
Thanks a lot James.
Sharing our travel experience might be helpful to others.In this world
people make travel for different purposes and they may earn different kinds of experiences and exposures.
I too have traveled for some reasons.Recently we visited Niagara falls which is the largest waterfall in the world.
It was a sudden plan change to New York. We were supposed to go to Chicago for spending my husband's three days holiday.But as usual
his project work swallowed two days.We had left with only one day.So we changed his plan to new York and our neighbor family
who are also Indians joined with us.We planned to start at early morning and return back at night..
But I under estimated about my son's current mood.Because we came to US from India just two weeks before.

Indian's life style is some what different from American's life style.They have neither carpet floor nor snows,no car seats for kids,and
very less usage of strollers .Especially In India My kid is surrounded with his enlarged family.But here me and my husband
only.when my husband goes to the office he spends more time with me only..I should have minded this factors before planning
a trip.But I missed.

So as per the plan,We had started our trip in the morning around 6 am, when my boy slept.An hour passed he woke up and he started to cry.
we took an exit and fed his breakfast.After having our breakfast,we got into the car but he refused to sit on the car seat.when we forced to
put him on the seat he cried utmost.As a result, we took frequent exits to console him.This made our travelling very tired and distressed.

After all the tragedies we reached our destination at 2 pm.We are invited with fresh air of Newyork city.During the long weekend holidays
getting a parking lot in a crowded area is a very big deal.Luckily we got a parking lot near the falls.After we had our lunch We had started
to walk towards ticket counter to get the tickets for Maid of mist.Here my second trouble started on.My son accepted neither to sit on the stroller nor go with others.I only had to carry him where ever we went.Because At that time no one was familiar to him and the long journey also made him very tired.

Then we got the tickets and we are directed to the line to the Maid of Mist.Really the cool air and water sprays made us feel relaxed.
In spite of tiredness My son enjoyed the boat riding a lot.when the boat sailed near the falls,it was felt like we were in island. the rainbows,
water shower aboard the Maid of Mist,and 600,000 gallons of water falling right before our eyes ,They all gave an amazing experience.

Once we came from the maid of mist we all got refreshed. My son,He too started to play in the park.We were just wandering around the river until 6 PM. Then we started our journey towards our home. spectacularly he fell into a deep sleep when the car moved on.I think because of tiredness. When he woke up he was at home.Finally we both(My son and I) needed two days rest to get into our routine life.

Of course, back to back travel in a car with a baby is very difficult but at-least I learnt a lesson,Before making any plans to long trip,I have to Make sure whether my baby get ready to his trip or not.Especially Emigrants who came to US with kids should train their kids to be seated in their car seat and stroller before planing to any trips.
It is my kind advise.

Thanks!

Sharing our travel experiences might be helpful to others. In this world people travel for different purposes and they may gain different kinds of experiences.

I too have traveled for some reasons. Recently we visited Niagara falls which is the largest waterfall in the world. It was a sudden change of plans to visit New York. We were supposed to go to Chicago for my husband's three day holiday. But as usual his work swallowed two days.We were left with only one day. So we changed plans and went to new York and our neighbors who are also Indians joined us. We planned to start early in the morning and return back at night..
But I misjudged my son's current mood. Because we came to US from India just two weeks before.

Indians' life style is some what different from Americans' life style. Indians don't have carpet floors, snow, car seats for kids, and rarely use strollers. Especially In India My kid is surrounded with his extended family. But here he only has me and my husband. When my husband goes to the office my son spends time with me only. I should have kept this in mind before planning the trip. But I missed it.

So as per the plan,We had started our trip in the morning around 6 am, while my boy slept.An hour passed he woke up and he started to cry.
put him on the seat he cried utmost.As a result, we took frequent exits to console him.This made our travelling very tiring and stressful.

After all the tragedies we reached our destination at 2 pm.We are invited with fresh air of Newyork city. :?: During the long weekend holidays
getting a parking lot in a crowded area is a very big deal. Luckily we got a parking lot near the falls .After we had our lunch We started
to walk towards the ticket counter to get the tickets for Maid of mist.Here my second problem started. My son accepted neither sitting in the stroller nor going with others. I had to carry him where ever we went.Because At that time no one was familiar to him and the long journey also made him very tired.

Then we got the tickets and we are directed to the line to the Maid of Mist. Really the cool air and water spray made us feel relaxed.
In spite his tiredness My son enjoyed the boat ride a lot. When the boat sailed near the falls,it was felt like we were on an island. the rainbows, water shower aboard the Maid of Mist,and 600,000 gallons of water falling right before our eyes ,They all gave us an amazing experience.

Once we came from the maid of mist we all felt refreshed. My son,He too started to play in the park.We were just wandering around the river until 6 PM. Then we started our journey home. spectacularly he fell into a deep sleep as we drove.I think because of tiredness. When he woke up he was at home.Finally we both(My son and I) needed two days rest to get into our routine life.

Of course, back to back travel in a car with a baby is very difficult but at-least I learnt a lesson,Before making any plans for a long trip,I have to know whether my baby is ready for the trip or not.Especially Emigrants who came to US with kids should train their kids to be seated in their car seat and stroller before planing to any trips.

It is my kind advice.

Great story. I am glad the trip ended up being fun even if the start was a bit rocky. Don't forget to put a space at the end of each sentence (after the period).

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:22 pm

For something you do everday (like a habit) present simple is probably better:
Tariku wrote:I am reading a book
I am watching a movie
I walk on the road every day

Tariku

Post by Tariku » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:15 am

next week i will go to my home land. my wife told me something as fun when you come back you have to brenge me fate cat.

MEW

Post by MEW » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:46 am

My son sent me an email while he was traveling.
He was going from Richmond to Carrabin for social work. He was the leader of the group and he has to manage 12 kids from his school.
He has to take 4 pm flight from Richmond to Atlanta and Atlanta to Carbine. Atlanta to Carbine flight delayed four hours. He stayed in the airport. Next day they reached Carrabin 3 pm. They had to stay in a hut. They were there to setup a school.