Describe your travel experience here

Where have you been? Where are you going? This is the place for talking about chapters 1. 3, & 7 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students.
Kabiro1

Re: Describe your travel experience here

Post by Kabiro1 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:24 pm

My first travel experience was coming to America. I was excited but the same time nervous because it was my first abroad travel. And from my country to United States is very far, and you have to trust through Europe. We departed from my country in the evening and after 6 hours long flight we arrived at our transit destination. I was very very tired and the worse thing is that we have to wait for another 5 hours to board another aircraft to our finally destination and we have to seat for another 9 hours of flight to get to America. Trust more I was very tired that I even want to go back to my country. But after tiring 9 hours of flight the pilot finally announced that we have arrived safely and on schedule.

Mataharis

Post by Mataharis » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:16 pm

So, my first travel happened about 3 years ago. I went to Rio de Janeiro with my boyfriend and was my birthday. Was awesome. In fact this wasn't my first travel but was my first travel that I took a airplane.
OMG, I was scared but it was amazing. When I arrived in Rio I went to know Corcovado (Cristo Redentor). It is a beautiful place.
I'll never forget this experience.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Wow, building a school is awesome.
MEW wrote:My son sent me an email while he was traveling.
He was going from Richmond to Carrabin for social work. He was the leader of the group and he has to manage 12 kids from his school.
He has to take 4 pm flight from Richmond to Atlanta and Atlanta to Carbine. Atlanta to Carbine flight delayed four hours. He stayed in the airport. Next day they reached Carrabin 3 pm. They had to stay in a hut. They were there to setup a school.
My son sent me an email while he was traveling. He was going from Richmond to the Caribbean :?: for social work. He was the leader of the group and he had to manage 12 kids from his school. He has to take a 4 pm flight from Richmond to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Carbine :?: . The Atlanta to Carbine flight was delayed four hours. He stayed in the airport. The Next day they reached Carrabin :?: 3 pm. They had to stay in a hut. They were there to setup a school.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm a dog person, but cats are good too :D
Tariku wrote:next week i will go to my home land. my wife told me something as fun when you come back you have to brenge me fate cat.
Next week I will got o my homeland. My wife told me something fun. She said that when I come back I have to bring her a fat cat.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Kabiro1 wrote:My first travel experience was coming to America. I was excited but the same time nervous because it was my first abroad travel. And from my country to United States is very far, and you have to trust through Europe. We departed from my country in the evening and after 6 hours long flight we arrived at our transit destination. I was very very tired and the worse thing is that we have to wait for another 5 hours to board another aircraft to our finally destination and we have to seat for another 9 hours of flight to get to America. Trust more I was very tired that I even want to go back to my country. But after tiring 9 hours of flight the pilot finally announced that we have arrived safely and on schedule.
My first travel experience was coming to America. I was excited but at the same time nervous because it was my first time traveling abroad. And from my country to United States is very far, and you have to cross through Europe. We departed from my country in the evening and after a 6 hour long flight we arrived at our transit destination. I was very very tired and the worst thing is that we have to wait for another 5 hours to board another aircraft to our final destination and we have to sit for another 9 hours on our flight to America. I was so tired that I even wanted to go back to my country. But after 9 tiring hours of flight the pilot finally announced that we had arrived safely and on schedule

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Mataharis wrote:So, my first travel happened about 3 years ago. I went to Rio de Janeiro with my boyfriend and was my birthday. Was awesome. In fact this wasn't my first travel but was my first travel that I took a airplane.
OMG, I was scared but it was amazing. When I arrived in Rio I went to know Corcovado (Cristo Redentor). It is a beautiful place.
I'll never forget this experience.
So, my first travel experience happened about 3 years ago. I went to Rio di Janeiro with my boyfriend on my birthday. It was awesome. In fact this wasn't my first travel but it was my first travel experience that I took an airplane.
OMG, I was scared but it was amazing. When I arrived in Rio I went to Corcovado (Cristo Redentor = Christ the Redeemer). It is a beautiful place.
I'll never forget this experience

Alida Cruz

Post by Alida Cruz » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:03 pm

when I have to travel to my country it's always a big proyect for me,starting with wich airport I would like the stop
we do not have direct flights to my country all kind of events make crazy,some times you have be waiting for long hours in the airport
is not easy specially when you are not familiar with that airport.all depend if you want to save some money you have to get the ticket and the airport wich the airline decide to stop.
the good thing is we can meet more people there and to share a conversation with.Travel is not always a nice experience
I become so nervous when I need to flight but when finally arrive to my destiny it was worth the effort .

Khanhquynh

Post by Khanhquynh » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:26 am

One month ago. i went to trip with my family in my country by airplane. I ordered ticket early before 2 months, because a lot of tickets so it's cheaper so much. Each people prepared conformity clothes, don't brought not wear. Especially, we're need plan exactly for trip when start until back home. Contact with staff of the hotel, understand about price, choose service match your money that you have . I think it's important first thing. when arrived, we're relax few a minute and start explore. I had plan for each day, because i don't want missed scarce chance with my family. After trip, i think everything so perfect with a lot of celebrate.
Quynh

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:28 pm

I know what you mean by travling being a project :D
Alida Cruz wrote:when I have to travel to my country it's always a big proyect for me,starting with wich airport I would like the stop
we do not have direct flights to my country all kind of events make crazy,some times you have be waiting for long hours in the airport
is not easy specially when you are not familiar with that airport.all depend if you want to save some money you have to get the ticket and the airport wich the airline decide to stop.
the good thing is we can meet more people there and to share a conversation with.Travel is not always a nice experience
I become so nervous when I need to flight but when finally arrive to my destiny it was worth the effort .

when I have to travel to my country it's always a big proyect for me, starting with wich airport I would like to stop at. We do not have direct flights to my country so all kinds of events make me crazy. Sometimes you have to wait for many hours in the airport. It's not easy specially when you are not familiar with that airport. It all depends on if you want to save some money you have to go to the airport where the airline decides to stop.

the good thing is we can meet more people there and share a conversation with them. Travel is not always a nice experience. I become so nervous when I need to fly but when I finally arrive at my destination it was worth the effort

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Hello :)
Khanhquynh wrote:One month ago. i went to trip with my family in my country by airplane. I ordered ticket early before 2 months, because a lot of tickets so it's cheaper so much. Each people prepared conformity clothes, don't brought not wear. Especially, we're need plan exactly for trip when start until back home. Contact with staff of the hotel, understand about price, choose service match your money that you have . I think it's important first thing. when arrived, we're relax few a minute and start explore. I had plan for each day, because i don't want missed scarce chance with my family. After trip, i think everything so perfect with a lot of celebrate.
Quynh
One month ago I went on a trip with my family in my country by airplane. I ordered tickets 2 months early, because it was a lot of tickets so it's so much cheaper.

Each person brought conformity :?: clothes, don't brought not wear :?: . Especially, we're need plan exactly for trip when start until back home. Contact with staff of the hotel, understand about price, choose service match your money that you have .

I think it's important the first thing we did when we arrived, was relax for a few minutes. Then we started to explore. I had a plan for each day, because I didn't want to miss anything with my family. After the trip, i think everything was so perfect with a lot of celebrate :?: .

Do you mean comfortable clothes instead of conformity clothes?