Push-up

This broad topic includes diet, exercise, smoking, alcohol, and unit 5 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students.
201020542sangbae

Push-up

Post by 201020542sangbae » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:31 am

Recently, we have many problems about our health
our health problems are occured by fast-food, lack of exercise and so on.
I think deficit of exercise is very important thing that create many health problems.
So we must do exercise to improve our health.
By doing simple exercise, push-up, we can improve our health and prevent health problem.
Strong points of push-up are very simple exercise, which can be done in home, and push-up can improve muscle, circulation of blood.
So, please do push-up.
I think if you do push-up every day, you can have very health body kkkkkkkkkkkkk

James Trotta
Site Admin

Re: Push-up

Post by James Trotta » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:24 am

Pushups are good but keep in mind that they typically only activate a small percentage of your muscle fibers. I think I read 10-15%. However if you can do one handed pushups (try them from your knees and/or without going chest to floor) then you can activate more muscles. Still I think you cane easily throw in bodyweight squats (the one legged version being better of course) at the very least.

201020484 hankyeol

Post by 201020484 hankyeol » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:14 pm

I don't like push-up. Because. I am not good at push-up
I just don't know what to push-up for the best.
Please tell me. How to push-up.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun May 01, 2011 6:20 am

Regular pushups are not supposed to complicated so don't overthink it. Hands under shoulders or a little wider, lower yourself, push up fast. Keep your body straight (don't make a pyramid) and rigid (flex every muscle you can especially the core muscles) It's normal to be bad at these if you don't do them. I used to do 15-20 before collapsing. I'm still not that good at them but I can do double what I used to so it's not too embarrassing. Besides as long as I am working to improve I usually don't feel embarrassed. I may do 35 pushups in one set today but in a year I'll be doing 75 :D