The movie game

Poetry, prose, and all that jazz. And unit 10 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students.
James Trotta
Site Admin

The movie game

Post by James Trotta » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 am

Here are the rules for this game:

(1)You describe a movie.
(2)The person who guesses the movie gets to give the next movie riddle.

This movie from 1994 was written by Quentin Tarantino and was kind of an instant classic. It stars Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, John Travolta, and Uma Thurman. The timeline is kind of tough to figure out but it begins and ends with a diner getting robbed. In between John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson kill some people, Bruce Willis breaks a promise to throw a fight, John Travolta watches Uma Thurman OD, and Samuel L Jackson quotes the bible in a pretty awesome voice.

Guess which movie!

Jason M. Ham

Re: The movie game

Post by Jason M. Ham » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:39 am

Let's see....
OK, I think I've got it. It's Kill Bill, right?
Alright, my turn then. :)
The movie I'm thinking about is pretty recent. It came out in 2010 and it's a true (and remarkable) story about Aron Ralston, a young American who went canyoneering--going through canyons--in a very remote desert area in Utah in 2003. While traversing through a large crack, he ends up getting trapped by a large boulder. The movie is about the difficult decision he's forced to make between life and death. James Franco is the star and he has already been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor. The director, Danny Boyle, also did Slumdog Millionaire. What movie am I thinking of?

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:34 am

Actually no.I don't think Kill Bill was out when I was in high school and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have Samuel L Jackson quoting the bible (though I've never actually seen the entire film). Anyone got it?
Jason M. Ham wrote:Let's see....
OK, I think I've got it. It's Kill Bill, right?
Alright, my turn then. :)

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:44 am

I think the movie is Pulp Fiction. If so, lets go with the movie Jason came up with as the next one anyway. :)

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 am

Correct!
boxcar wrote:I think the movie is Pulp Fiction. If so, lets go with the movie Jason came up with as the next one anyway. :)
OK then, here's the next one:
Jason M. Ham wrote:The movie I'm thinking about is pretty recent. It came out in 2010 and it's a true (and remarkable) story about Aron Ralston, a young American who went canyoneering--going through canyons--in a very remote desert area in Utah in 2003. While traversing through a large crack, he ends up getting trapped by a large boulder. The movie is about the difficult decision he's forced to make between life and death. James Franco is the star and he has already been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor. The director, Danny Boyle, also did Slumdog Millionaire. What movie am I thinking of?

Jason M. Ham

Post by Jason M. Ham » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 am

Oh man do I ever feel like a bozo! :? That's what you get for scanning posts too quickly...
Thanks boxcar.
Here--let's continue:

The movie I'm thinking about is pretty recent. It came out in 2010 and it's a true (and remarkable) story about Aron Ralston, a young American who went canyoneering--going through canyons--in a very remote desert area in Utah in 2003. While traversing through a large crack, he ends up getting trapped by a large boulder. The movie is about the difficult decision he's forced to make between life and death. James Franco is the star and he has already been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor. The director, Danny Boyle, also did Slumdog Millionaire. What movie am I thinking of?

smile Moon Tae Ho

Post by smile Moon Tae Ho » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:34 pm

i think the movie is 127 hours.

i am pretty sure about the answer so i will continue this game.

This movie is a horror film.
It's kind of a documentary film shot with a handheld camera.
The story is about a group of people who hiked into the mountains to film a documentary about a local legend. Later in this film, all of them get lost in the mountains in a mysterious and terrifying way. The viewer is told that the people were never found again and the film they shot was found later. The found footage is the actual movie.
This movie was a tremendous success. It was shot with a relatively small budget but earned more than 340 times the budget.
What is this movie ?

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:44 am

The Blair Witch Project?

Jason M. Ham

Post by Jason M. Ham » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:45 am

boxcar wrote:The Blair Witch Project?
Who's got the next clue? It's boxcar's turn, right? 8)

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 am

Is it my turn? :?:

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Yeah. Once you post the movie, you also post the next question.
boxcar wrote:Is it my turn? :?:

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:31 am

Ok, I just wasn't sure if I was correct. :)

The movie I am thinking of is about a young man whose family is killed by an evil government so he decides to head into outer space with his two robot companions, an elder, a smuggler, and his pet like friend on a mission to save a princess. On the way the elder teaches the young man the ways of his religion. The group rescues the princess but loses the elder to a fight with the leader of the evil government. The princes takes the rescuers back to a base where they meet up with other rebels to destroy the star base of the evil ones. Eventually, the young man uses the religion taught to him and wit ha little help from his friends, achieves their goal. Victory celebration ensues.

smile jun-yeong yeo

Post by smile jun-yeong yeo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Is it star wars?

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:50 pm

smile jun-yeong yeo wrote:Is it star wars?
It is! Now it's your turn. :)

smile jun-yeong yeo

Post by smile jun-yeong yeo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:33 am

Oh I wasn't sure too whether it was corrected. It's so difficult question.

I'll ask another question here.

Blademaster and his martial arts school decide to retire to a distant mountain. Before leaving, he visits his friends, a tribe of snake-wielding women warriors. He finds that they have been attacked, and their leader, Princess Yin-Yin, toward whom he has some romantic feelings, has been abducted. The attacker is her evil uncle DFBB, who years before overthrew Yin-Yin's father and took over their sect. DFBB also has possession of a sacred scroll which tells how to achieve ultimate martial arts power. Blademaster decides to help Yin-Yin and her imprisoned father, and his romantic complications deepen when his childhood chum and Yin-Yin are joined by a new rival. Blademaster thinks she is an innocent village girl he has saved, but in fact she is DFBB! The process of gaining ultimate martial arts power requires self- castration and transmogrification into female form.

DFBB is abbreviated because it's original form is the title of this movie.

What is this moive?

Return to “Art, literature, music, movies, comics, etc.”