Correct Winky

Learn how English grammar rules communicate ideas by looking at examples of English verbs in use. Discuss verb tense and active/passive issues here.

Moderator: Soon Mi

James Trotta
Site Admin

Correct Winky

Post by James Trotta » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:06 am

This is a good place to ask questions about be/is/are and subject/verb agreement. Also, anything from the "Correct Winky" class: http://www.eslgo.com/classes/winky.html

blu3z

Re: Correct Winky

Post by blu3z » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:33 am

I am new member in this forum. I want to learn English right now. Thank you

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Verbs are looking good :) Just one little change I'd make: "I'm a new member here" or "I'm a new member of this forum". But the second one seems too formal. I say go with "...new member here."
blu3z wrote:I am new member in this forum. I want to learn English right now. Thank you

Beba1636

Post by Beba1636 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi! I'm a new member too and I really want to learn english but I have to start with the basics because I'm really bad in the language.
Nice to meet you!

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Beba1636 wrote:Hi! I'm a new member too and I really want to learn english but I have to start with the basics because I'm really bad in the language.
Nice to meet you!
Welcome to the board, I hope you can learn a few things and make a few friends.

Thamia

Post by Thamia » Wed May 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi I'm Thamia a new member ,nice to meet every body . really i need learn English It's nice program.

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Wed May 09, 2012 12:23 am

Welcome Thamia. Good luck here!

cusoon

Post by cusoon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 am

Hi
My name is Hamed and I am new here.My problem is ,I cant undrestand the teaching style of this site?
Could you please just explain me a bit about how dose this site works?
I am very intrested to improve my English writting skills .I think my speaking and hearing is acceptable, but i am really struglling with writting In English .Its so important for me as I have to get 7 score in IELTS .

James Trotta
Site Admin

Post by James Trotta » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Basically, you get model language from the classes on this site or from anywhere really and then you come here to try to use that language as you talk to everyone else. So for example you might take the 'Correct Winky' class linked to in the first post on this thread and then come back here and try to use the language from that class when you write your post.
cusoon wrote:Hi
My name is Hamed and I am new here.My problem is ,I cant undrestand the teaching style of this site?
Could you please just explain me a bit about how dose this site works?
I am very intrested to improve my English writting skills .I think my speaking and hearing is acceptable, but i am really struglling with writting In English .Its so important for me as I have to get 7 score in IELTS .

Eden

Post by Eden » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 am

Hello,

My name is Eden and come from China. I am fortunately on board today. I think this is a good place to improve my speaking,hearing and writing skills.

Nice to meet you all here!

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Hello Eden and welcome! :)

Jess

Post by Jess » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:53 pm

This is my first message sent to you , Nice to meet you ! I hope i can get more improve at here.

boxcar

Post by boxcar » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Jess wrote:This is my first message sent to you , Nice to meet you ! I hope i can get more improve at here.
It is nice to meet you too Jess, please come back more often and post so we can practice together and help improve your English conversation. :)

Jess

Post by Jess » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 pm

boxcar wrote:
Jess wrote:This is my first message sent to you , Nice to meet you ! I hope i can get more improve at here.
It is nice to meet you too Jess, please come back more often and post so we can practice together and help improve your English conversation. :)
I really like send more message and conversation more with you, I know when somebody keep doing something you will get good result.

Jess

Post by Jess » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Jess wrote:
boxcar wrote:
I really like send more message and conversation more with you, I know when somebody keep doing something you will get good result.

I mean i do not want give up this time. :P