Deciphering the codes sent out by our body

If you want to get some interview advice, come on in. Also the place for discussing units 6 & 12 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students. And if you need advice for a different kind of conversation that doesn't fit into one of the other categories, ask here. Examples include but are not limited to how to fire someone, how to tell someone their zipper is down, etc.
(Aplus)bertrandcolas

Deciphering the codes sent out by our body

Post by (Aplus)bertrandcolas »

Body language refers to the nonverbal signals that we use to communicate. Do you think it is important to understand body language? Are there any circumstances in which you find it difficult to read and interpret the non-verbal cues sent out by someone? Or are there any situations in which you misread or misunderstood the body language of someone?
(starbucks)Tae-Hun, Gu

Re: Deciphering the codes sent out by our body

Post by (starbucks)Tae-Hun, Gu »

Understanding body languages would be very important, especially when traveling abroad or in situations that don't allow sb to speak out. Body language might play a vital role to make oneself understood. It should be clear though, not to make any mistakes. During military service, my captain tapped on my rifle to express 'let's keep on moving folks', but I thought he was trying to say 'tapout, we're out of here', and got out of the spot, which obviously put me in a deep trouble.
(starbucks)Sim In Bo

Re: Deciphering the codes sent out by our body

Post by (starbucks)Sim In Bo »

I think understanding body language is really important. Especially, in the sports, body languages are really important. For example, when I play soccer or basketball, I give and take body languages with my friends to get the score. We keeps in step by using body languages. If we don't understand body languages or misunderstand, we may loose the match. So I think understanding body language is really useful.

Return to “Interviews & other specific conversation types”