do you have personal secret in communication ?(sixzero7)

If you want to get some interview advice, come on in. Also the place for discussing units 6 & 12 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students. And if you need advice for a different kind of conversation that doesn't fit into one of the other categories, ask here. Examples include but are not limited to how to fire someone, how to tell someone their zipper is down, etc.
parkboin

do you have personal secret in communication ?(sixzero7)

Post by parkboin »

Non-verbal expression - face look, tone, and esp gesture etc - effective in communicating with others. I know someone who make a clap during chatting with friends. At first time I engaged conversation with her, that is a liite bit of noise , which make me distracted or suddenly alramed. But, as we are getting along with, I thought it's a really good skill in chatting. It gained concentration in which she thinks important, give her impression that she is enthusiastic to conversation.

I also have personal non-verbal expression in teaching my students when tutoring. I usually make V-shape hand gesture to them. At first, they ,as I did above, are a liite buffled with my gesture. But, they soon know it's a signal indicating where is important or critical. Now I see them paying their attention more whenever I make that gesture.

I'm certain that you have your personal gesture or nonverbal expression, I want to know what it is, when to use or what effect it has when you're communicating with others. Please let know your recipe:)

Return to “Interviews & other specific conversation types”