Do you have your own body language?

If you want to get some interview advice, come on in. Also the place for discussing units 6 & 12 of Authentic English Readings for Advanced Students. And if you need advice for a different kind of conversation that doesn't fit into one of the other categories, ask here. Examples include but are not limited to how to fire someone, how to tell someone their zipper is down, etc.
(sixzero7)suhbokyung

Do you have your own body language?

Post by (sixzero7)suhbokyung » Tue May 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Do you have your own body language? i have my own body language that is slicing someone hand.i do this body language for fun. but actually i use this body language to keep someone from taking my objects. i really want to know your own body lauguage, tell me.

(starbucks)joungyoonchoi

Re: Do you have your own body language?

Post by (starbucks)joungyoonchoi » Tue May 22, 2012 3:53 pm

I don't think i have my own.. but theres one that i use frequently. You know that weird quotation thingie people do with their fingers? I find myself using that while speaking in korean too haha. I use it mostly when im directly quoting someone, or when im being sarcastic. Oh yeah, and also to emphasize.

(Starbucks)Cho Yoon Jeong

Post by (Starbucks)Cho Yoon Jeong » Mon May 28, 2012 6:02 pm

I can't say that it's my 'own' body language, but I usually nod my head in the end of the conversation when I am talking about my experience or my opinion. I guess I do it to show people that my conversation is 100% true since it is MY story (haha).

(Starbucks)Seungjae Lee

Post by (Starbucks)Seungjae Lee » Mon May 28, 2012 11:29 pm

I have some body languages. If I talking comfortably I usually shaking my hands smoothly.
But when I am angry I shaking my hand up and down hardly. And when I'm singing I shaking my right hand up and down along each tone.

(starbucks)Han Hye Kyung

Post by (starbucks)Han Hye Kyung » Tue May 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Though I'm not the type of person who uses a lot of body languages, I certainly do use some when I have to emphasize something. I usually use my hands to show the size of something or difference of height or weight. When I'm standing on my foot, I use more body languages to make people focus on my presentation. This time, I move around a bit to make sure every single person is listening to my speech and move my hands to express my feeling well. Also, if I use body language while presenting alone, it makes my nerve to go down a lot.

choyongbin

Post by choyongbin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:39 am

I tend to talk fast when i lie because my friends told me this.. I also tend to touch my hair and bite my lips when i am nervous.

Return to “Interviews & other specific conversation types”