sports experience

MMA, baseball, ice skating, bowling, football, soccer (I'm American), etc.
Lost Baek Haewon

sports experience

Post by Lost Baek Haewon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:41 pm

When I was in high school I don't think that we had many P.E classes. Especially, as students would go up a grade, the less P.E classes we had. In my first year of high school, the teacher would usually ask students to play volley ball or play badminton. When told to do so, many students would participate at first but as time went by most of the students were seen sitting on the benches near the field. In my high school second year and third year, more and more students would likely miss class saying that they were sick or tired. Those who came outside to the field, (that is taking part in class rather than staying in the classroom) would unreluctantly attend class since they didn't would to lose points(or grades) for poor participation. Students mostly thought that P.E class was a waste of time and preferred to study for the University entrance exam(Suneung). According to my experience, P.E. classes were not fond of to girls.

But I believe things were much different with boy's classes.(I went to a high school that divided boys and girls) As long as I remember, boys were always eager taking P.E. class. They were seen playing football or basket ball when they had a break. Surely, they would have liked P.E. class than any other class.

(Lost) Jin Mi-jeong

Re: sports experience

Post by (Lost) Jin Mi-jeong » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:05 pm

My high school was women high school, so I saw many students who didn't like a PE class. But my friends were really active and liked a PE class. Moreover we played badminton during lunch time. In our school, there were two teacher who played badminton during lunch time, so we played badminton with teachers. After playing badminton, we were very hot but very fresh, so we could concentrate in class better.

I think PE classes are needed in high school. If there aren't PE classes, students don't move enough. It can damage their health.
Through PE class, students move enough and they can concentrate in class better.