rewrite.. Precious Experience

This is where Jason's ICC students should post their ODB assignments.

Moderator: Soon Mi

ICC leeyunseo

rewrite.. Precious Experience

Post by ICC leeyunseo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:01 pm

About four years ago, I have been the Philippines for three month. Before I got there I thought their native language was English. But they use English and Tagalog as an official language. Also Cebuano is used as native language In Cebu. There is also Spanish although a few people use it. The Philippines is definitely multilingual and multiracial society as well. One day I was given a chance to observe class in a high school located in Cebu City. Interestingly there is no Junior High School but just High School that has 4 grades. Because I am a physics teacher, I sat in on physics class. Students learned physics through just lecture without any experiment. One of the most significant things I did was a simple science experimental activity with straws for the students. I was really fulfilled during the activity. I still remember that the students were participating with smile in their face. This precious experience made me eager to know about the country more and more. It also triggered to study English and made me have another reason to live in my life.
Last edited by ICC leeyunseo on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jason M. Ham

Re: Another Reason to live

Post by Jason M. Ham » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:43 am

Can you relate some specific examples of cultural differences you encountered?

happynum1

Re: precious experience

Post by happynum1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:59 am

I also wonder if we have to different language every region. How terrible!!! when I visited in China, I thought thank you king Sejong, Chinese character was very difficult and complicated. and I've heard their language was different every district. We are lucky!! we only have to know English except Korean.