My first trip to China

This is where Jason's ICC students should post their ODB assignments.

Moderator: Soon Mi

happynum1

My first trip to China

Post by happynum1 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:44 am

About two years ago, I've been to Shanghai in China for the first time in my life. Because of that my first impression of China was very amazing. Most of all I knew that my prconceived opinion about a communist country was wrong. I thought those kinds of countries were undeveloped but It wasn't. They ranked with other highly developed countries. The downtown of Shanghai was very congested. There were lots of people and cars on the streets and very tall buildings.
Shanghai was a hot town. but what most captivating my heart was a back street scenery. There was our provisional government during Japanese colonial period. The place was located in very shabby spot. After I visit there, I could walk about looking in any middle class house here and there. There were kitchens in the outside of every house and there, men were cooking and doing laundry. According to the guide, men usually do the housework. I didn't know what women
do exactly. anyhow, It was very interesting sight for me.

ICC leeyunseo

Re: My first trip to China

Post by ICC leeyunseo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:35 am

Actually I never been there. Kitchen is outside of the house... um what if it rains or is in winter?
I am so impressed by men usually doing householdchores.

Jason M. Ham

Re: My first trip to China

Post by Jason M. Ham » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:15 am

I've read some articles about domestic relationships in China and it sounds like the housewives have a little more power over there over their husbands. Is this true? Did you get to interact with any Chinese people on this trip?

ICC Youngmee

Re:Wondering....:)

Post by ICC Youngmee » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:13 am

China?? I dont have enough idea about china. so, I want to hear more. I am wondering China and interesting in there.
What was your first impression of China?? What was the most interestng impression of there?
Do you think that most area in China has the sight what the house-husbands work in their kitchen?