Intercultural Experience in Wedding Ceremony

This is where Jason's ICC students should post their ODB assignments.

Moderator: Soon Mi

ICC_yuri

Post by ICC_yuri » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:23 am

One of my friends got married in America 2004. The wedding reminds my intercultural experience. I was her bridesmaid and it gave me an unforgettable memory. Unlike Korean wedding day, guests spend whole day with bride and groom. On the afternoon, 4 sets of bridesmaids and groomsmen was standing front of virgin road and waiting bride and groom entered. After lovely wedding ceremony was finished, 10 of us got on the limousine; cooler machine, champagne, wines, finger food was prepared. We moved to reception place where the entire guest got together. Before bride and groom enter the hall, each of bridesmaid and groomsmen entered with majestic sound. I was really shy when everybody was focus on me even though I was not the bride. After cutting cakes, eating meals and greetings, romantic dancing time was held. The DJ selected famous music that everyone noticed, dance together with blessed and happy smile. There were open bar at corner, guests were talking, dancing, drinking; it seemed like everyone really enjoy and celebrated in special day. Late at night, it was time to separate out. Bride and groom gave significant gift all the guests and keep saying thank you. I can’t forget the mood, feeling, atmosphere, and the happiness moment. :P

SO-YOUNG

Re: Intercultural Experience in Wedding Ceremony

Post by SO-YOUNG » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:19 am

Wow! So interesting. Dancing at the ceremony? Wow! What a nice ceremony. After reading your experience I know that guests spend whole day with bride and groom actually, in Korea, bride and groom busy to leave to the airport. because of their honeymoon.

Jason M. Ham

Post by Jason M. Ham » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:01 am

ICC_yuri wrote:Intercultural Experience in Wedding Ceremony
One of my friends got married in America 2004. The wedding reminds my intercultural experience. I was her bridesmaid and it gave me an unforgettable memory. Unlike Korean wedding day, guests spend whole day with bride and groom. On the afternoon, 4 sets of bridesmaids and groomsmen was standing front of virgin road and waiting bride and groom entered. After lovely wedding ceremony was finished, 10 of us got on the limousine; cooler machine, champagne, wines, finger food was prepared. We moved to reception place where the entire guest got together. Before bride and groom enter the hall, each of bridesmaid and groomsmen entered with majestic sound. I was really shy when everybody was focus on me even though I was not the bride. After cutting cakes, eating meals and greetings, romantic dancing time was held. The DJ selected famous music that everyone noticed, dance together with blessed and happy smile. There were open bar at corner, guests were talking, dancing, drinking; it seemed like everyone really enjoy and celebrated in special day. Late at night, it was time to separate out. Bride and groom gave significant gift all the guests and keep saying thank you. I can’t forget the mood, feeling, atmosphere, and the happiness moment. :P
Would you rather hae a Korean or American-style wedding? What are the good points about each? Was your friend Korean?

ICC_yuri

Post by ICC_yuri » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:38 am

I would have American style wedding~I have a fantasy about my wedding day since I was young^^
But many of my Korean girl friends who got married always told me that huge issue is money for wedding day..
it makes me sad...