Rewirte(Seona)_Is it free?

This is where Jason's ICC students should post their ODB assignments.

Moderator: Soon Mi

ICC Seona

Rewirte(Seona)_Is it free?

Post by ICC Seona » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:35 am

Last weekend, I went to international jazz festival in Jara island, KyungGi-do. My friend who lives in Jara island called me to help as waitress in her restaurant. The restaurant was booked by American musician. There is a team, called T.O.P(tower of power). The restaurant’s main menu is pork, duck and see eel. They ordered porks and ducks. Before they ate, they had to roast meat at their table themselves. We thought it is bother them, so we helped them. First we put iron chopsticks and personal dishes on the small round table. Then we set all food at once for each table — kimchi, cons, steamed eggs, vegetables, soybean paste soup. Of course everything is free and extra food is free. All of them requested to replace iron chopsticks with wooden chopsticks. They were very surprised that severing food and extra food are free, except main menu. It is no wonder they use their own dish but I was little surprised. They didn’t eat as soon as grab food. First they picked up a certain amount food on a plate. Then they grab it and eat from their own dishes. This procedure was applied to all food even kimch and cons. After dinner, they showed appreciation of enjoying dinner. They were very nice people, gentle and polite.

Lee Miyoung

Re: Rewirte(Seona)_Is it free?

Post by Lee Miyoung » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:03 am

Why did they request wooden chopsticks and steel chopsticks at the same time? steel chopsticks are too heave to use for them?

Jason M. Ham

Re: Rewirte(Seona)_Is it free?

Post by Jason M. Ham » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 am

ICC Seona wrote:Last weekend, I went to international jazz festival in Jara island, KyungGi-do. My friend who lives in Jara island called me to help as waitress in her restaurant. The restaurant was booked by American musician. There is a team, called T.O.P(tower of power). The restaurant’s main menu is pork, duck and see eel. They ordered porks and ducks. Before they ate, they had to roast meat at their table themselves. We thought it is bother them, so we helped them. First we put iron chopsticks and personal dishes on the small round table. Then we set all food at once for each table — kimchi, cons, steamed eggs, vegetables, soybean paste soup. Of course everything is free and extra food is free. All of them requested to replace iron chopsticks with wooden chopsticks. They were very surprised that severing food and extra food are free, except main menu. It is no wonder they use their own dish but I was little surprised. They didn’t eat as soon as grab food. First they picked up a certain amount food on a plate. Then they grab it and eat from their own dishes. This procedure was applied to all food even kimch and cons. After dinner, they showed appreciation of enjoying dinner. They were very nice people, gentle and polite.
What do you mean by "cons?" Where were the people who requested wooden chopsticks from? Did they give a reason--metal too heavy or slippery?