Welcome well what comes

This is where Jason's ICC students can submit their fourth ODB assignments. (Deadline: 10/28 11:59pm)

Moderator: Soon Mi

Lee Miyoung

Welcome well what comes

Post by Lee Miyoung » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:05 pm

As mentioned in this article, English is a global language that is used everywhere in the world. It was quite a surprise to know that there are 2 billion people who will be studying English and 3 billion people will speak it. Without a doubt, English plays on important role in the world. But there are both good things and bad things at the same time. For us to communicate effectively and exchange a lot of information with those from other countries, we need to have a common language. And I’m convinced English is the best choice. But many people often tend to neglect our own language. It seems like they are losing their identity. Just imagine how dull it will be if everyone had the same culture, religion and used the same language. Our language should be valued.

ICC Grace

Re: Welcome well what comes

Post by ICC Grace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:17 pm

I kind of disagree with your comment!^^ Under any circumstances, we could never possibly neglect our mother language. If someday English becomes local dialect, it will surely look like, sound like and feel like our language. Kind of different mixture of both languages, I guess. Can you imagine that?? After 100 years??? By the way, what does your title mean? ã…Žã…Žã…Žã…Ž ^^

ICC_yuri

Post by ICC_yuri » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:34 am

I guess for the meaning of "neglect", Mi-young tried to talk about spreading out of English fever in kindergarden even though they don't speak korean.
Young parents push them to learn English early as fast as they can. We sometimes say if you want to learn foreign language perfectly, learn your mother's language enoughly.

Lee Miyoung

Re: @ Grace

Post by Lee Miyoung » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:00 am

Welcome well what comes means " 오는 것을 자~알 받아들이자"

ICC Grace

Post by ICC Grace » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 am

Thanks^^ Miyoung Ssam!! Welcome well what is coming!!!!