No More Standard English

This is where Jason's ICC students can submit their fifth ODB assignments. (Deadline: 11/11 11:59pm)

Moderator: Soon Mi

ICC leeyunseo

No More Standard English

Post by ICC leeyunseo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:24 pm

The goal of learning language is definitelyto communicate with someone. You need understand how he/she think or where he/she places the valueto do real conversation.So what you teach English language meansnot only teaching just a language but also accompanying to teaching the culture stuck within that language as well. English are surely various and differentin every countries and every regions because they have different culture. ‘Whose English should we learn?’ and ‘Which English should Korean students be learning?’ The answer to the questions would not be simple. I suggest carefully that maintaining the underlying structure in English-common standard English- for minimal communication,you need to teach or to learn Englishcustomizedin yourown region and culture.And you should admit that various English versionsexist and should try to learn the differences from yours.

SO-YOUNG

Re: No More Standard English

Post by SO-YOUNG » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:57 am

I like your title, No More Standard English. I agree with you opinion that theching English language means not only teaching just a language but also accompanying to teaching the culture within that language as well.^^