Jason's Malicious Nature

This is where Jason's ICC students can submit their sixth ODB assignments. (Deadline: 11/18 11:59pm)

Moderator: Soon Mi

Lee Miyoung

Jason's Malicious Nature

Post by Lee Miyoung » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:15 am

BARNGA is a card game, which simulates the experience of meeting people from other cultures and working with them. Through this game, I experienced mixed feeling of anger, frustration, embarrassment, etc… My words cannot describe the feelings.
Looking back on it now, we had to find alternative ways of communication if we want to play together, such as gestures, facial expression or drawing pictures… but we didn’t. Because the other group followed my team’s rule very well than I expected. But the other side of it is that they must have felt upset. I learned that we must understand and reconcile these differences if they want to function effectively in a cross-cultural group. This activity must have been hilarious to watch for Jason, and appealed greatly to his slightly malicious nature. But I will never forget this experience. When I meet a new culture, it must help me.

ICC Grace

Re: Jason's Malicious Nature

Post by ICC Grace » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:13 am

As soon as I saw your subject, I just bursted out laughing aloud. It was quite a meaningful activity,though. But If we play this kind of activity in a highly competitive group or with momey-comes-first people, somebody might get hurt or get killed~~~ ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹. Because it was serious and deadly poisonous game trick. I really don't like to be cheated, but it was an unforgettable activity. I shall try to learn some lesson from it. We hates you, Jason!!~~ ^^ And thank you for meaningful task!!

happynum1

Re: Jason's Malicious Nature

Post by happynum1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:40 pm

When I saw you and Seona's response, I couldn't help laughing. At final round, your team was very embarrassed, frustrated in opposite team. But after a while you followed Clara's rules. As a observer, watching the whole sight was very interested. Because Jason told me that situation in advance. I am not sure if I were in that situation. But at that time you were very patient and generous I think