Uncomfortable Culture shock

This is where Jason's ICC students can submit their sixth ODB assignments. (Deadline: 11/18 11:59pm)

Moderator: Soon Mi

ICC leeyunseo

Uncomfortable Culture shock

Post by ICC leeyunseo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:16 pm

So far I thought that cultural difference was just important. Last class I experienced culture shock though trick game called BARNGA. At first we were bracketed two groups of four, there is an observer each group. Teacher explained the game rule and even handed out the paper of rule. I was really into that game, I was all ready to enjoy. First round, nothing happens. Second round started I realized something was getting wrong but I didn’t take it that serious. As time went by, we were getting confused, frustrated and even irritated. I looked around to see atmosphere: The numbers of the other team looked the same on our team. The game rule paper disappeared and communication with gesture were just allowed, two observers couldn’t stop silent laughing. Only then I understood what happened to us. Oh my gush! Each team had different rule. This activity made me realized that cultural difference is really big deal as much as we get shocked. This experience gave me an opportunity what we needs is to understand the procedure of making new rule with each other in which language is paramount tool for communication.

SO-YOUNG

Re: Uncomfortable Culture shock

Post by SO-YOUNG » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:25 am

I agree with your opinion. And during the game I got a shock because of not only the cultural difference or culture shock but also, your expression. Haha. It was interesting time! ^^

Lee Miyoung

Re: Uncomfortable Culture shock

Post by Lee Miyoung » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:02 am

Yes... It was an unconfortable and interesting activity at the same time. I will not be fooled by him next time. ^^